Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pureed ground beef

Counting down the days til I can start pureed food (8), but not sure why because I'm such a picky eater that the thought of puree anything makes me sick. I knew this would be the hardest stage for me. Wondering if it is even possible to puree ground beef and if so, it it at all good??

I went to a support group meeting once where a woman was putting Big Macs in the blender because her band was so tight. Sounds pretty disgusting to me! Did you speak to a nutritionist? They should be able to give you some ideas on what to eat during the puree stage.

I am the same way. I don't care for pureed foods. I just started this stage on Monday and I usually stick with foods such as cottage cheese, greek yogurt, oatmeal, and Peanut Butter. However, for dinner, I have been eating grilled chicken and veggies, but I don't blend them. I just take tiny bites and I chew, chew, chew until it's like applesauce in my mouth before I swallow. This has worked fine for me. I have had no problems so far. My dietician also told me I could have tuna, egg salad, and other foods like that. So, just because it's a puree diet, doesn't mean everything has to be blended. I am looking forward to Nov. 7th when I start my soft foods diet and get to incorporate more variety of foods.

I am on the mushie foods stage, which sounds like pureed/ soft foods. I tried to purée my oatmeal the first morning and it was horrible. So now I just chew it up and have had no issues. I'm two weeks today. I've been eating a lot of what Cbreeden28 has been eating. But I'm going to try sime egg salad and Peanut Butter tomorrow. I'm a little bored with this stage but my daily calories are coming in at 1000 or less with 50 -60 gums Protein, so I guess I'm ok.

Thanks for the responses! pureed Big Mac sounds putrid, I must say! We'll see how it goes!!

I like to thaw two frozen meatballs. put them in the blender with sauce and

cheese and blend a little,not too soupy. But then my tastes are rather pedestrian.

Counting down the days til I can start pureed food (8), but not sure why because I'm such a picky eater that the thought of puree anything makes me sick. I knew this would be the hardest stage for me. Wondering if it is even possible to puree ground beef and if so, it it at all good??

YUK! I can't stand anything pureed.

Reminds me when my Mother was in a Nursing Home. She was served a big mound of something that looked like mashed potatoes but it was pinkish - red in color.

She took one spoonful and said "Hmmmm.....Pizza tonight"

I almost lost my lunch right there!

The mushie stage was the hardest for me. I find it all disgusting.

I stayed with creamed Soups, mashed potatoes, chili, and the like for the one week.

Things I could at least recognize.

YUK! I can't stand anything pureed.

Reminds me when my Mother was in a Nursing Home. She was served a big mound of something that looked like mashed potatoes but it was pinkish - red in color.

She took one spoonful and said "Hmmmm.....Pizza tonight"

I almost lost my lunch right there!

The mushie stage was the hardest for me. I find it all disgusting.

I stayed with creamed Soups, mashed potatoes, chili, and the like for the one week.

Things I could at least recognize.

Yuck! I totally agree! Thank God I got over mushy stage!

I get to start my mushie food stage on Wed. I guess im just planing on lots of cottage cheese and yougurt. I cant stand the thought of blended pizza or big macs....GROSS

I made some really tasty meals during the puree stage using grilled chicken, vegies and some nicely flavored sauces. I blended heavily and thinned with yoghurt or milk. The important thing for me at this stage was flavor after weeks of liquids.

But it's only temporary....

I guess I really cant imagine why you would puree ground beef. (for a craving?)Beef of any kind, let alone ground (cheapest icky stuff in there) is not needed nor is it good for you. There are many better sources of soft Protein.< /p>