Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't like the Protein shakes

What should I do if I cannot stand the taste of the Protein Shakes? ? Is there something I can add to liquids that is flavorless??? My surgery is tomorrow and I am about to go and get all of my after surgery items from the grocery store. Any suggestions????

What kinds have you tried? I got the Unjury and that is supposed to be awesome. When I did really low carb several years back, I got some powder from costco that was AMAZING. It was vanilla. Every morning after my work out I would mix that with some peanutbutter and a little heavy cream (it's lower in carbs) and some Water. It was like dessert. I seriously thought it was better than any shake from any restaurant.

I have found that most of the Protein shakes mixed with Water, are pretty nasty!! I have found that they sell Almond Milk which is UNSWEETENED, and use that to make your Protein Shakes. Gives it a milk consistency without the lactose and sugar.

As far as the actual Protein powders, I use the Syntrax nectar (comes in about 15 different flavors), and the Body Fortress whey Protein from Walmart (the Peanut Butter Chocalate is GREAT!).

I have also bouoght some of the Ready To Drink versions like Muscle Milk Light, and Monster Milk... they are pretty good, lots of protein... but kind of expensive compared to the powders.

I love the EAS already made Carb control but you dont have to mix them with Water yuk. You can use reduced fat milk plus that gives you extra Protein. I also like the body fortress from Walmart that mixed with some frozen fruit is delish

Here is a recipe someone on here shared a while back. It's really good.

1 pack swiss miss sugar free hot cocoa mix

1/2 cup milk skim

2 tablespoons Peanut Butter

couple of teaspoons splenda

several ice cubes

scoop of no flavor Protein (I use any whey from GNC).

mix in blender, makes 2 servings. about 250 calories per serving and very filling.

Ive had the same problem with Protein shakea i am now 12 days post op and finally have found a BIT of a solution , i discussed with my dietican alternatives & she had suggested the Isopure juices instead of milk based protein, they have 40 grams of protein in them there is still that whey taste to them but its less severe then the milk based. Also they sell unflvored protein mix that she mixed up for me with crystal light ice tea which also wasnt to bad, alot better then the milk!

I drink the ensure high Protein. They are expensive but they do raster like chocolate milk.

I bought extracts (not syups which are hight in sugar). I use Muscle Milk lite powder. I mix the latte powder flavor with a few drops of pumpkin extract and a few drops of pie spice extract. It tasted like a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. I mix banana and coconut with strawberry powder for a tropical drink taste. Also as prior poter said,a tbsp of low fat Peanut Butter with the latte (or chocolate) is yummy.

The Premier brand that they sell at costco is 30 g of Protein and tastes just like the Ensure chocolate. I like it too =)

I drink the ensure high Protein. They are expensive but they do raster like chocolate milk.

The Premier brand that they sell at costco is 30 g of Protein and tastes just like the Ensure chocolate. I like it too =)

I found yo on the go, it's a yougurt based smoothie, tastes good. It's got 6 gms of Protein. I to hate Protein Shakes. I think I may try the ensure high protein b/c I am having a hard time getting enough calories in.

I use Isopure Low Carb chocolate powder (got it at Vitamin Shoppe). It's got 50g of Protein. I mix it with 10 oz of Water, an ounce of Torani sugar-free chocolate Syrup (no calories) and a couple of teaspoons of espresso powder. It's tolerable, but I'm glad to get that much protein in the morning. The only ready-to-drink protein I've been able to tolerate is the Isopure Zero Carb that has 40g of protein. I tried Muscle Milk and I couldn't finish it. But everyone's tastes are different.

My sister, who is a big fan of Protein Drinks, suggested just tonight getting plain Protein Powder and mixing it into LF, creamy yogurt, cottege cheese, etc for an extra punch of Protein - without the taste.

They sell Protein bullets at Walmart that taste like very strong gatorade/koolade. They come in a big test tube looking thing and are by all the other Protein and diet stuff in the store. You can add more Water to them or just drink them as they are. I also like nectar brand lemonade. You can get samples of the nectar brand flavs (look online). They have many fruity flavs. like cherry, green apple (tastes like jolly ranchers) .....

I'm not sure if this offer is still good. I got the samples this way in 2009.

I got the info off someone's post from another site:

Syntrax is offering samples of all 11 of the nectar flavors to everyone for only 4.99 and 5.00 shipping! Thats only 9.99 for the eleven samples to see if ya like any of them.

Call 866-333-7403 and speak with customer service

If that offer doesn't work, I'm sure there is a way to get samples.

What should I do if I cannot stand the taste of the Protein Shakes? ? Is there something I can add to liquids that is flavorless??? My surgery is tomorrow and I am about to go and get all of my after surgery items from the grocery store. Any suggestions????