Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi,i dont make alot of money and my ins.covers lb what i wanted to know what other things i might have to pay for with or without ins.help trying to find all cost.i know all ins.and doctors r different just dont want any surprises any help would be great.thanks

hi,i dont make alot of money and my ins.covers lb what i wanted to know what other things i might have to pay for with or without ins.help trying to find all cost.i know all ins.and doctors r different just dont want any surprises any help would be great.thanks

Depends on your insurance. I've heard Medicare pays for the surgery, but you have to pay for fills out of your pocket. My insurance covers everything except for my $300 yearly deductible, and the $200 consult with the dietician. Good thing cause, I just got my insurance statment for having my initial labs done. I didn't have to pay anything cause I had already satisfied my deductible, but my insurance company was charged $1750. That's just over $100 for each vial of blood they took out of my arm. $1700 to take MY blood :P

My surgeon had me call my insurance company with a whole list of questions as to what is covered and what is not. Maybe ask your surgeon what they will require you to do, and then ask the insurance company if it's covered.

[quote name='angiewin' timestamp='i will make sure i ask them at my app.next wk.thank u

[quote name='angiewin' timestamp='i will make sure i ask them at my app.next wk.thank u

[quote name='angiewin' timestamp='i will make sure i ask them at my app.next wk.thank u.

[quote name='shirley36' timestamp='sorry about repeating my phone is being stubid

my insurance covers the surgery but i have a $200 per day stay at the hospital and i am staying for one night. i had to pay my co-pays for all doctor visits for pre surgery clearance

heart; stomach; psych; lung; primary all co-pays for each visit and usually two visits each. nutritionist visits (3) at $30 each. try to stretch out the office visits so you will not have three copays in one day. that happened to me. didn't think about the toll that would take on my budget for that week.

tests completed stress test, ecco cardio, upper endoscopy, chest xray, possible sleep study. i had a $75 co pay for my upper endoscopy and bills still coming in for other test. i have learned to be a bit of my own advocate. i talked my pulmonologist out of a sleep study. i told him i did not snore, and he examined my throat to see i had a wide airway and he measured my neck to see that it was under 16 so that i was not a likely candidate for sleep apnea. that saved me $300 because that is what my cost would have been.

where there is a will there is a way. good luck to you

[quote name='roeroe' timestamp='great answer that helps me out alot gives me some idea of what to expect.thank u roseanne

All I can tell you is to watch out. My insurance is BCBS of ILL and they were great! Paid basically everything. It cost me about $2,000 out of my pocket before surgery including the $1300 up front to Tempe New Day the day of my surgery. All in all my insurance company has paid over $62,000 for a simple surgery plus a HH repair that True Results said would cost between $18000 and $25000 and my Doctor is still sending me a bill for $1300. and the anastigiologist still wants $900.

I love my band. Had surgery on March 25th and have lost 50lbs.

Just make sure you ask your questions and Best of Luck to you!