Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I sent you a fb request. Thanks so much.

HELLO!!! I saw October and even December Bansters but no November...so I thought I would start the November Bansters! I called the Insurance company and I got a verbal approval. If all goes well I will be banded on November 14, 2011. Woo-hoo!! 11/11 will be the beginning of a WONDERFUL NEW LIFE!! I can't wait to do this for ME!!

Hello fellow November bandsters. My surgery date is 11/9 & I am interested in the FB group as well, but don't want the whole world to know I've been banded. What to do, what to do????

The Facebook group is private. No one but the people in the group can see it or any posts you make :) After I friend you and add you feel free to delete me as your friend too. :)

I'm November 3rd. I feel totally unprepared. I still have no mentor, which really bothers me.

On a positive note, I finally figured out how to add the ticker at the bottom of my messages. The peer pressure was really getting to me!

:blink:

What do you mean by mentor?? Are you looking for some one to guide you through this process??

WannaBe:

Right, exactly. I see the value of bonding with those who have had their surgery in November, but I'd also like to have a more experienced person(s) to use as a sounding board. You know... someone who knows the ropes... someone who can point out the pot holes so we're not all recreating the wheel... someone who has a little success under their belt?

After I posted the mentor thing, I found a thread dedicated to the whole mentor topic (duh) and I'm about to read that stuff right now. There's a lot to digest on this forum (no pun intended).

/P2P

I hear you. Maybe try to find a group bear where you live. But you are more than welcome to join our Facebook group of folks doing this the same time as you

juliebug,

I, too, am uncomfortable with the way Facebook arbitrarily revamps their privacy settings. True, you can tweak the settings, but what's been exposed before you get it tweaked?

I was thrilled to find this forum with a little more privacy? If I have to rely upon Facebook, I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

/P2P

The group I made is totally private, no one out side of the group can see or read any posts you make or even see the group you are in. If you ar doubted add me as a friend and try to find it. I will let you be my friend and give you two days to find the group if you can you are one in a million. If you can not I will add you to the group :P

Hi Prisoner,

I just joined the fb nov banding group. I understand what you are talking about. The fb group is total private to the members that are accepted into it. I am doing a life changing surgery. I need the support of our nov group because we are doing it together and we will want to discuss things that we are going through together. I also want to talk here and be able to get help from anyone or maybe I might be able to help someone else in the future. Of course it isn't private like the fb group. I am happy for both of them. I hope you will join. It is a great bunch of people. :)

Linna

Hi all! I finally got my call today!! YAY!! But it looks like I need to roll on over to the December Bansters. I wont be able to get in until December! So good luck to all going before me! I'm excited for my new life!

thats ok we can still be friends won't hold December against ya lol

Hi all! I finally got my call today!! YAY!! But it looks like I need to roll on over to the December Bansters. I wont be able to get in until December! So good luck to all going before me! I'm excited for my new life!

Hi All!

My Band date is Nov 8 and I am super excited about it. So count me in as a new member of the November Bandsters! rolleyes.gif

Thanks Dave....I'll be watching so I can see what's ahead of me. :)