Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH.. my home scales vs the Wii scales

Oh man... I am about to toss out my home scales.. it is saying that I am 3 lbs. heavier than my Wii Fit.. :P

I am really thinking of sticking with the Wii's out come. At least it makes me feel better and actually CHANGES.. my home scales never seems to go ANYWHERE!! UGH <_<

My home one say I am 286 lbs. and my Wii is claiming I am 283 lbs.

What to do.. what to do

Oh on my Wii Fit.. I LOVE the Rhythm Boxing, and I really am not thrilled about the stepping one..

ALSO... If I am good with the slow jog on my Wii Fit.. does anyone think I can really go jog outside down the road?? :)

I would love to go for a jog with my dog. I KNOW my dog would LOVE IT!!:D

i would toss out the home scale immediately and take the dog for a jog.....You will both enjoy being outside and it will make you feel wonderful!!!

weight.png

I may just do that.. I know I will not get to jog too far at first, but if I try everyday that I can (weather permitting), I should make it further.:D

Just not looking forward to jogging and having all this "stuff" flopping all around.. YUCKY STUFF!! eek.gif

check out the couch 2 5k program! I started running with that program 5 years ago and havent stopped! I run 5 days a week now

I would be interested to hear how you and the dog do on your jog....bet you both really enjoy it!!.....Now I am feeling guilty and going to take my dog for a walk....she definitely isn't a "jogger" (a Yorkie").....

weight.png

It doesn't really matter which are right and which are wrong, so long as they are consistent. If they both show the losses correctly then that is all that really matters.

I been saying it for years ! Throw the Dam Thing Out !

Get weighed at your docs office, you will be impressed, and so will they, and you will tell the difference by your cloths size.

Shirley.

I have went down a whole pants size, so I know I am loosing weight... I think that I am going to stick to the Wii scales and see how close that is with my Doctors scales lol

I have not been able to go for that job today.. stupid rain... I wish that the rain would have been when we had our garden in and not now.. lol

OH WELL.. it is all for a reason and we are not in charge of that reason.

I will go for that jog as soon as I have a good day to do it.

My Mom told me that I could use her treadmill and jog on that, but I am not into the treadmills.. I can not have the board-um that is brings.. no sun, no wildlife, no outdoors sounds, no change.. just the hum of the machine and the same 4 walls.. YUCK!

Oh man... I am about to toss out my home scales.. it is saying that I am 3 lbs. heavier than my Wii Fit.. :P

I am really thinking of sticking with the Wii's out come. At least it makes me feel better and actually CHANGES.. my home scales never seems to go ANYWHERE!! UGH dry.gif

My home one say I am 286 lbs. and my Wii is claiming I am 283 lbs.

What to do.. what to do

Oh on my Wii Fit.. I LOVE the Rhythm Boxing, and I really am not thrilled about the stepping one..

ALSO... If I am good with the slow jog on my Wii Fit.. does anyone think I can really go jog outside down the road?? :)

I would love to go for a jog with my dog. I KNOW my dog would LOVE IT!!:D

i will start back working out on my wii fit on Monday keep up the good work

Keep in mind, the Wii subtracts weight based on the "How heavy are your clothes" question. This could account for some of the difference!

haha Oh I hate how every scale I get on says something different! I usually go with the lowest one to boost my ego but of course the docs go with theirs which is probably the least accurate since I am wearing a lot more clothes, shoes, jewlery, keys and phone when I get on. But as someone else pointed out it doesn't matter what the number is exactly as long as it shows your progress consistantly. I like the wii because it keeps it all stored and I can see my progress in the little chart. But I also hate how it wants to deduct weight based on your clothes which can instantly fudge your weight by 3-5lbs depending which option you choose and how much you're actually wearing! To be honest I just hop on it naked and same with my free standing scale!:D It usually matches up within a pound that way. Not to mention your weight can easily flucuate 3lbs throughout the day with or without clothes. After I surpassed major mile stones (50, 75, 100lb losses) the exact number wasn't as big a deal as the non scale victories anyways. Feels better fitting in a smaller size of clothes than stressing over a 3lb difference- either way ya win!! :D

PS: Ever throw your arm out playing wii tennis? LMAO :lol: I never learn!

I wear the same basic thing to exercise on my wii everytime. My wii scales seem much more accurate than the other one. I love the scales. They keep me focused and it is a part of my morning routine. Different strokes.

haha Oh I hate how every scale I get on says something different! I usually go with the lowest one to boost my ego but of course the docs go with theirs which is probably the least accurate since I am wearing a lot more clothes, shoes, jewlery, keys and phone when I get on. But as someone else pointed out it doesn't matter what the number is exactly as long as it shows your progress consistantly. I like the wii because it keeps it all stored and I can see my progress in the little chart. But I also hate how it wants to deduct weight based on your clothes which can instantly fudge your weight by 3-5lbs depending which option you choose and how much you're actually wearing! To be honest I just hop on it naked and same with my free standing scale!:D It usually matches up within a pound that way. Not to mention your weight can easily flucuate 3lbs throughout the day with or without clothes. After I surpassed major mile stones (50, 75, 100lb losses) the exact number wasn't as big a deal as the non scale victories anyways. Feels better fitting in a smaller size of clothes than stressing over a 3lb difference- either way ya win!! :D

PS: Ever throw your arm out playing wii tennis? LMAO :lol: I never learn!

LMAO no I have not done that, BUT... I DO kill my arms doing the Rhythm Boxing!! ha ha ha I really stink at tennis.. My kids like that one though.