Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2011 bandsters how are you doing?

Hi, just curious, on how my fellow May bandsters are doing? How much weight loss? How many (if any) fills? Successes? Struggles?

I have had a slow weight loss, it has slowed down alot and have been struggling with testing my limits. I haven't had any diffuculties with the band..meaning I have not experinced any negative side effects (i.e. Stuck feelings or pb). I will be getting my 2nd fill and hope it suppresses my appetite lately. I have been feeling hungry lately, but not sure if it's because I am going back to school and feeling a bit more stress. So far, I am down 36 lbs.

I was banded May 17th. I am down 36 pounds. My doctor said that is where I should be. I have had 3 fills. The last one in July. I am at 5.20 in a 10 band. I have been stuck.sad.gif So you are lucky you havent. It is no fun.

Kat

Hi there! I was banded on 5/24. I've lost 36 pounds since getting the band too! sounds like a trend. I'm at 47 pounds overall lost. I've got 8 or 9 cc in my band. I've forgotten, actually! I've had 3 fills and another one scheduled for sometime in October. I am soooo close to my green zone, I can just feel it! I've had things get stuck and I had my first sliming episode this weekend. No pb'ing and no throwing up though. I've been walking 2 miles twice a week, and generally just feel better. Still learning what I can and cannot eat. I think that part will be a lifelong journey since it changes from day to day and sometimes even hour to hour.

Hi all, I had my surgery on May 4th and I'm down 65 pounds so far. I have not yet had a fill, so I haven't been stuck or had PBing or any of that. I can eat whatever type of food I want to eat (since I've had no fill) but I can't eat in the quantity that I once ate in (nor do i want to).

The weight loss has slowed down a bit this month, but as long as I'm not gaining, I'm happy. I feel great and I have tons of energy. I am hoping to lose another 20 pounds by the end of the year, but eh, if it doesn't happen, no big deal. I have the rest of my life to lose what took me a lifetime to gain.

Glad to see you all are doing well on your journeys.

Hey guys and gals! I was banded on May 31st and am down 52lbs so far. I have had two fills (really didn't need the last one). No throwing up or sliming episodes. Little to no exercise (I have a herniated disk in my back that keeps me still). I track everything I eat and keep it all in moderation. Everyone is noticing the loss and I love it!

Glad to see others are doing well!

Glad to hear everyone is doing great! I went in for my 2nd fill today, I dk how much cc's, cause I don't want to get stuck on a number. My doctor is very conservative with fills, but did say I will feel a restriction this time, because the last fill I didn't feel anything. I have lost 37.5% of my weight and the doctor said I am doing good! I also track my food/900-1000 calories and am hoping to lose another 20 lbs by Dec. I workout 2-3 week spin an zumba classes live it and sometimes fit in a weight class. Today, I am back on liquids for a couple of days and then mushies after...hopefully, I will get a good jump start! Happy to say I am at the weight it says on my drivers license! Lol, haven't weight that since I was 22. Lol! Hope everyone has a good couple of months, it's the holiday season, it's going to be challenging!

Doing pretty good! I was banded on 5/27 and am down 50 lbs now. I have had 2 fills (3cc total in a 10cc band) and think I need to have .5cc taken out. I'm having some struggles since about a week after my last fill. Aside from that, I am about to get back to the gym. I had to stop about 6 weeks ago because I kept breaking out into hives every time I worked out. I must be allergic ;-)

Hello all! I was banded 5/4 and am currently down 32 pounds! I just got my 4th fill on monday and I'm up to 7.5 cc. My band feels pretty snug right now and I may gave to get a slight unfill if I have problems when I start eating real food tonight/tomorrow (have been on liquids since fill). I have noticed a huge change from the last fill to this one! All of my rules are much more important now! Starting tonight I will have to be more strict with bite sizes, chewing, and food I know I can't tolerate (bread, Pasta, etc). I have been stuck in the past and PB'd and thrown up and it is terrible! You definitely learn to take small bites and eat slowly the hard way!

I still struggle with the mental side of not being able to eat all of the yummy food in front if me, but I am slowly accepting this fact and trying to remember that I knew what I was getting into and it's all for an important reason! I was exercising 3-5 days a week but these last 2 months have been really stressful for me and my workout time vanished. Once I get over the cold I currently have, my hubby and I will get back to our workouts!

Inspite of my workout setbacks and stress my doctor says I am right on track with a 1-3 lb per week weight loss. Ideally I would like to lose 7-10 lbs a month so I know I need to get back to working out and concentrate on my eating habits. My PA (physicians assistant) also suggested I talk to a counselor about my stress so I don't fall into to bad habits or stress eating.

@ Erin Marie, sounds like the weight loss is good, with tiny setbacks. I am still on liquids cause I just had my fill. But, just like you I have to be cautious with my bites, chewing and portions. Since, I have not felt any restriction before. I feel a bit now just drinking liquids too fast and I have a bad habit of gulping. So, I have to be thinking about it all the time now. Hope you have a successful few months.

You and I are in the same boat! I will be trying very hard to not gulp or take bug bites anymore! I really want this full to work for me! (and I really don't want to get an unfill unless I have too!)

@ Erin Marie, sounds like the weight loss is good, with tiny setbacks. I am still on liquids cause I just had my fill. But, just like you I have to be cautious with my bites, chewing and portions. Since, I have not felt any restriction before. I feel a bit now just drinking liquids too fast and I have a bad habit of gulping. So, I have to be thinking about it all the time now. Hope you have a successful few months.

So I'm getting an unfill tomorrow morning :( my first one! I still can't eat without getting stuck on almost everything (even soup!) so my doc wants me back in...I'm hoping they only take out 1 cc at the most! I don't want to be back down to where I was!! Nervous :unsure:

Good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon. So, far I just finished my 3 rd day of liquids and can't wait to eat mushy foods tomorrow. But, need to take it easy. I am feeling hunger papains today. Liquids just run thru me. I will see how tomorrow goes.

I got my unfill! She only took out 1 cc and I feel so much better! I am on liquids for another 2 days due to swelling and she wants me to start drinking 1 Protein shake a day for 2 weeks to help my protein! I can't wait to eat :) I'm taking it slow though! I can tell I'm still swollen but I am going to take some ibuprofen later to help and now that I can drink a little more normally I should be able to get some Water in me to re-hydrate!

Whew, being too tight is rough! (It doesn't help that I also have bronchitis right now...lame!)

Heyyy May Bandsters,

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! I was banded on the 31st of August and as of this past tuesday (which was my 16 week mark), I am down 70 pounds. I have had 3 fills so far, the first one was 6ccs, the seconds was an addition of 1cc, and the third was an addition of .5ccs. I have an 11cc Realize Band and I thought I knew what restriction was before...but i am really feeling it now. & I find myself wanting to eat more than my band can physically take so my mind hasn't adjusted to almost being at the green zone!

I'm really happy with my weight loss and it has truly been a partnership between using the tool, which is the band, and also incorporating exercise in my daily routine. I do not think that I would be where I am at without both the exercise & the band.

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to use for being losers!

It so great to see how many people are doing so wonderful. I was banded on May 24th so I just passed the 4 month mark. Since the surgery I have lost 43 pounds, 62 pounds all together and feel so much better then I did just a few short months ago! Last week I carried my four year old up a flight of stairs and he weighs about 49 pounds, I couldn't believe that I use to lug that around everyday just on my body....

I have had two fills, don't know how much because I'm trying to pay more attention to how I feel and not get so fixated on the numbers in my band. But I have not had a fill in almost two months and feel as though I may be in that "green zone".

My goal is to loose 100 pounds by my 34th birthday (February) and feel like it may be reachable if I just keep my mind focused.

I do go to the gym about 10-12 hours a week but now that Nursing school has started up again, I'm just trying to find my groove!

Best of luck to all my fellow May bandsters, I can't wait to see how we all did at the one year mark!

PS...the best part of today, I have realized that my BMI has dropped to the point where I would now need to have a comorbitiy just to have the surgery! What a great feeling.