Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I am so excited and scared at the same time. I am sure I am among the thousands who feel this way. I started my journey 1 1/2 years ago with aquiring and insurer who would pay for bariatric surgery. I talked with the people at Bariatric Treatment Centers and they told me BCBS would be the best insurance for me to get. So I did. I had to wait a minimum of 6 months before doing anything. So I did. I went to my evaluation, meeting and consultation. They told me I was in. Then I broke my ankle in 3 places and was a mess. On top of being a single mom with a house hold of animals and a full time job I now was barely able to get around even on crutches. My one year anniversary is 2/19 of my slip and fall. I needed to recover from that to go forward with the surgery. Then 2 months later when I was feeling better but still in a cast I recieved a letter stating they were no longer excepting my insurance. Well I was extremely dissappionted but wondered if it was meant to be that I did not have surgery. So I kind of forgot about the idea. Thinking about it but realizing maybe my life was at risk if I did it. I met a nice lady who had the lap band surgery in November 2003 who had the lap band surgery and had lost 111 lbs. in a little over a year. She told me it was a much lower risk and less time in recovery and reversible if I didn't like it. I had looked online in the past about this surgery and liked that it was done laproscopic but had not done much about it. Feeling like I could do it on my own. But I am and have been unsuccessful in removing the unwanted pounds for years. The more I diet the more I eventually gain. So I went to the seminar about 10 days ago and did my phyc evaluation before the seminar and yesterday took care of consultation, blookwork, insurance and I am scheduled for surgery Monday 2/2/2004. I am so excited. Please wish me luck and I so hope to join the ranks of all of your success stories! Terri

Guest Gaynell

I'm a realtor lady too!

Gaynell

10/16/03

267/223/??:confused:

Welcome to Lapband Talk - wishing you lots of luck on your journey - come here often and you'll have any questions you may have answered, with lots of kindness and support!

congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! my surgery is 2 weeks from today , i know exactly how your feeling , does the dr have you on any pre op diet ? dr grossbard has me on the Atkins ( which ive attempted before and lost nothing ) but this is more for shrinking the liver to make surgery easier ....you have pretty much the same story as me ....... i researched gbp for like a year , was even scheduled back in oct , but i chickened out because i was afraid of all the cutting of the anatomy , didnt think much of the lapband until i met someone who had it ........ and the more i researched it the more i loved it and thought it would be the best possible surgery for me ........ im not afraid to admit i need help , ive been overweight my whole life pretty much , im 33 , single , no kids and that is not the way i want to live , i want to feel good about myself and i have alot of things i want to do in my life that is halted by my weight ......... we will both do great with this band !!! we should keep in touch with making this journey ....... best wishes on a good surgery !!

sara :confused: