Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight band day? Loving my band!

Do you ever have days where your band is tighter than normal? It's weird, yesterday I felt very hungry and today... Nothing! I had a yogurt for Breakfast, three-four tiny bites of chicken salad for lunch and then a piece of turkey lunch meat with a slice of cheese for dinner and that's it.

Maybe it's because I've transitioned to "soft" foods... Is it possible they just fill me up faster and keep me full longer? Even when I took my medicine tonight it feels kinda stuck. Not painful, just like it's sitting at my band and taking it's sweet little time to pass through.

Is this common? I'm learning how to live life with a band and I must say, it's kinda fun. It's nice not to think about food all the time... My poor husband has been cooking for himself now and grocery shopping on his own because I forget to buy him food. Haha

I'm 2 and 1/2 weeks out and 15 lbs(35 total with pre-op) and 2 pants sizes down! And this is only the beginning. I can't wait for the rest of my journey!

Good for you. That is great you are still feeling the affect 2 weeks out. I, like others, feel tight in the am. I wonder if Water retention has anything to do with wether it is tighter some days than others. I have not had that experience yet. I had my surgery 5/19 and had absolutely no appetite for a week. Then I was back to normal pre band appetite. I had my 3rd fill Monday and I am finally feeling/seeing results. I am not sure If I am at my sweet spot, but I have not been getting hungry or thinking about food. Yesterday I decided I would have lunch at 1. I looked up at 4 and realized I had not eaten. I LOVE not being constantly fixated on food.

Sounds like you may be one of the few who get the effect right away. Some people have had to get 5 fills. I was starting to worry. But, be careful that you are getting enough to eat and be sure you are getting enough Protein. Consult your nutritionist or doctor to make sure you are getting enough of what you need. And, best wishes to you on your journey.

Anything from the Weather to Anger or Tension can cause the band tighten up. If I am having a bad day a lot of Stress or Tension. I'm done for the day.... Nothing will go down easy. So I will stick to Hot Soup.< /p>

I hope your right. My doctor told me at my check up the other day that I probably won't need a fill for a while because my band seems tighter than most people's. I'm excited about that... I hope it stays this way for a while. He put 2 cc's in at surgery but had to take it out 2 days later because if swelling.

You're right, I do need to try and eat more. I know I definitely didn't get in enough Protein for the day or calories for that matter. Maybe I'll stick to the Protein shake in the morning. I'm like you... I usually don't get hungry til about 2 or 3.... I make myself eat something for breakfast.

I'm glad your 3rd fill seems to be doing it's job!

Good for you. That is great you are still feeling the affect 2 weeks out. I, like others, feel tight in the am. I wonder if Water retention has anything to do with wether it is tighter some days than others. I have not had that experience yet. I had my surgery 5/19 and had absolutely no appetite for a week. Then I was back to normal pre band appetite. I had my 3rd fill Monday and I am finally feeling/seeing results. I am not sure If I am at my sweet spot, but I have not been getting hungry or thinking about food. Yesterday I decided I would have lunch at 1. I looked up at 4 and realized I had not eaten. I LOVE not being constantly fixated on food.

Sounds like you may be one of the few who get the effect right away. Some people have had to get 5 fills. I was starting to worry. But, be careful that you are getting enough to eat and be sure you are getting enough Protein. Consult your nutritionist or doctor to make sure you are getting enough of what you need. And, best wishes to you on your journey.

I hope your right. My doctor told me at my check up the other day that I probably won't need a fill for a while because my band seems tighter than most people's. I'm excited about that... I hope it stays this way for a while. He put 2 cc's in at surgery but had to take it out 2 days later because if swelling.

logo-vinaposter-mini-4.png

phan mem seo ,phan mem seo ,phan mem seo ,phan mem seo ,phan mem dang tin

I know for me, some days I am hungrier than others and can feel I am tight. especially during my monthly cycle. on those days I usually have more Protein Shakes cause I know I won't eat much solid food.< /p>