Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't know what to do??? HELP

Ok I just got off the phone with Dr. Neal's nurse. I talked to her about my problems that I have been having. Now I don't know where to turn.

She basically said that I should contact Dr. Lopez in Mexico and let him know what is going on. Well that is not a option for me like I told her. I want a american Doctor that I can depend on.

She gave me the cost of the Endoscopy and it is about 4200.00 and my insurance will not cover, if the band is eroded or there is a problem with it. From what I told her she didn't say whether she thought the band was related to my problems.

She did say that if there is a erosion and it is left untreated it is very serious.

So now what do I do? I don't have the finances for this type of procedure right now unless they take payments???

Delarla, Penni any advise. What about Dr. Billy what is the deal with him. Would he see me?

I am getting so frustrated I am about to have my husband just take me to Portland and check me into the hospital and see what they can do.

What should I do??????????

If they do an EGD and code it as GERD or Reflux etc, then it is not directly associated with the band. Your insurance should cover that type of testing. Of course, your DR should already know that..

Sorry you're having so much trouble. This too shall pass... ;)

Geez, I wish I had some good advice. Doesn't sound as if Dr Neals office "has it goin' on" if they can't get an endo covered, based on your symptoms! Or maybe they don't want to deal with you? Have you seen them before? Who did your fill?

Yeah, I'd be doing some PMing to find out the scoop with Dr Billy. I'm really sorry. Would Ortiz help you? Kuri? Or is MX NOT an option AT ALL at this point?

Hang in there, and let us know what you decide to do if all this happens "below the board" with PMs, okay?

Boy maybe Delarla advise of Susan Lucci really works.

I just got off the phone. Dr. Neal's office calling back and saying they don't want anyone having trouble and they would be willing to work with me on the cost of the procedure. They called me!!!!! I have an appointment on Thursday at 2:15 meeting with Dr. Neal and letting him know my symptoms.

Leatha the nurse did say something about the way they would bill it. So maybe that will work out. Your so smart!!!!! Thanks

So I am going to get somewhere with this! Finally, I was feeling such desperation.

Thank you all for such support, I really need it right now. I will stay in touch for sure.

Kathy,

If this doctor is not used to doing EGD's with banded patients, you need to really be careful, or see if there is some way to get an unfill for the EGD. You don't want anymore damage than you already have.

Just so you know, after your EGD you will have a pretty sore throat and a very swollen uvula - that hangy downy thing in the back of your throat. After a few days it'll be better but it's rather annoying at first.

Good luck to you!

Well no EGD yet, he wants to wait a couple of weeks and see how everything is going. He doesn't seem to think my band is eroded. I don't know what to think anymore. I have been to so many doctors lately and they all say something different. So what is a person to do.

Still hanging in here!!!!!!!

Well no EGD yet, he wants to wait a couple of weeks and see how everything is going. He doesn't seem to think my band is eroded. I don't know what to think anymore. I have been to so many doctors lately and they all say something different. So what is a person to do.

Still hanging in here!!!!!!!

kathy you could always come to Southern Calif and I will go with you to dr. billy. Hey, I am serious. I know he will give you an EGD.

Dr. Neal knows what he is doing, and has been doing Lapbands for quite awhile. He will have the EGD done by an expert at the lab. Did he give you any idea what he thought your problems may be if not the band? He usually is very forthright about anythng you ask. Or at least so I have found.

Dr. Neal knows what he is doing, and has been doing Lapbands for quite awhile. He will have the EGD done by an expert at the lab. Did he give you any idea what he thought your problems may be if not the band? He usually is very forthright about anythng you ask. Or at least so I have found.

I don't know this doctor and I am NOT slamming his skills so don't jump on me OK. I asked Dr. Billy for my EGD because I "knew" something was wrong. He didn't think I was eroded either. He in fact told me he was doing the EGD to get rid of some of my fears. He was shocked to see the erosion. He woke me up and said "I don't know how you knew but you did. Now let's get the surgery scheduled."

No one can know for certain if you are eroded or not without doing and Endo (EGD).

I asked for the EGD basically to rule out any problems with the band. I would just like to make sure it is not involved. All the doctors I have been to and no one thinks it is the band. I am not saying that I think it is either I just wanted to make sure it isn't.

Penni I would have to check out the cost to come down there right now and see if I can swing it. Can you find out what Billy charges for the endoscope? I don't know if my insurance would cover it. But maybe we could try and get them too. Money is very tight right now for me and that makes all of this even more difficult.

I was so thankful that when I saw Dr. Neal for the consult he didn't charge anything. That really surprised me and I so much appreciated it.

Thanks again, Kathy

Kathy,

Dr. Neal sucks and did the same thing when my friend Tracey went to him to fix her port (he never even mentioned doing an endo on her even though that is one of the common symptoms of erosion) to my friend Tracey, then they said they would work with her insurance who were willing to pay a percentage of the work. They never called Tracey back EVER to schedule the fix, Tracey tried and tried to talk to them and they did everything from whine about the complications of working with insurance company billing to telling her to go back to Mexico. To this day 4 months later, she is still waiting for their belated phone call and I have suggested she file a better business complaint against that office. I had gone to her appt there with her so I could get established as a patient in their office and have long since decided he does NOT care for his patients. Dr. Tersigini in Coos Bay was the wise one who insisted she get an endo. She recently got the bill for that and it was right around $900 for the endo and anesthethia but her insurance is covering most of that I think. If you are having complications your insurance should cover it. I just went to my family practitioner last week to send me to get an endo thru a local gastrointerologist office. I think they should be able to see it if there was any erosion. Delarla was able to find out hers eroded from a non-band related endo office I think. Anyway email me or pm me if you have any questions. Tracey was actually really pleased with Tersigni's care.

Sorry Bell,

No offense meant if Dr. Neal is your doctor. He may treat his own patients very well. He certainly seemed nice when we went to see him, however; if he as a doctor is going to agree to take on a new patient even if he didn't do their surgery, he should treat them like he would his own patients. He should have seen her port problem and immediately required an endo. Instead he decided to take her to flouro and try to give her a fill which he was unable to do because of her port problem. Tracey had gone up for a consult and was charged $550 in all for absolutely nothing. And then the absolute neglect in regards to taking care of the problem was ridiculous.