Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lap-Band Journey Begins Tomorrow

I 'am having my surgery tomorrow, I'am scared and excited all rolled up in one.:huh: I'am ready to work hard and begin living. If you have a a second tomorrow please say a little prayer for me . :rolleyes:

I am getting banded tomorrow too! I have the same range of emotions going on right now - excitement, nervousness, anticipation... I actually just had a mini melt-down = just feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything. Good luck to you! I'm sure everything will work out wonderfully.

*Prayers and/or good thoughts and vibes are always welcome... :)

Kell

Congratulations and Good Luck! I get banded on Friday and all of the emotions and anxiety are running through me as well. It's a new lease on life, everything will be fantastic! You'll be in our thoughts!

Hugs.

I am getting banded tomorrow too! I have the same range of emotions going on right now - excitement, nervousness, anticipation... I actually just had a mini melt-down = just feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything. Good luck to you! I'm sure everything will work out wonderfully.

*Prayers and/or good thoughts and vibes are always welcome... :)

Kell

Hi Kell,

How are you? I'm still really sore and weak. I wish I saw your post before surgery. I'm glad it is over and there is no turning back now. Each day I hope :unsure: to get alittle bit stronger and smaller, One day at a time.:rolleyes: Small world I'm in the ! Get back to me on how your feeling cuz I'm alittle freaked on how weak I still am.

Denise

Congratulations and Good Luck! I get banded on Friday and all of the emotions and anxiety are running through me as well. It's a new lease on life, everything will be fantastic! You'll be in our thoughts!

Hugs.

Congratulatons! How are you feeling? Thanks for all the well wishes. :D It all went well except they found a ripped hernia that had to be repaired. All about getting my strength and get out and get moving soon. Hope this finds you well and on your way. _ Denise

Hi,

I am new to the site. I, too, am being banded tomorrow. I am waiting to hear from hospital with time. I am trying to remain cool, calm and collective, but it is still at the back of my mind. Trying to keep busy but still there. I am positive and will say prayer tonight for speedy recovery and protection throughout procedure. It has been over a year since I started the journey. I just returned from a trip to Las Vegas. I had a great time. I was very careful with what I ate and did a lot of walking.

Good luck to all. I will try to post tomorrow night. My surgeon requires an overnight hospital stay. I have all my meds and Protein shakes at home as well as everything I will need.

Stay positive. God bless.

Lydia

Just like you I was in this same situation a week ago tomorrow! I was nervous excited curious a whole bunch of emotions! I'll tell you I thought I knew what to expect and I was prepared for it but I wasn't. The day in the hospital was not so bad because it wa fresh and I got iv pain meds every four hours, they will make you walk and sit in the chair to help you get going. On thing I can suggest is toothbrush and paste my mouth was so dry! The day I got home I slept most of the day, but day two I rethought my decision and was miserable. Day three and four were no better bit day 5 it was so much better I felt better and could tolerate things more!! It's a process and a huge change but being positive can get you through anything. I am down 12 lbs so it's so worth it. Good luck to you and your journey you will do great!!

Hi Kell,

How are you? I'm still really sore and weak. I wish I saw your post before surgery. I'm glad it is over and there is no turning back now. Each day I hope :unsure: to get alittle bit stronger and smaller, One day at a time.:rolleyes: Small world I'm in the ! Get back to me on how your feeling cuz I'm alittle freaked on how weak I still am.

Denise

Almost one week out and I'm kind of a mixed bag... The gas pains and pains around my incisions has definitely gotten much better. I haven't taken my perscribed pain meds in 2 days. But... I still haven't been able to sleep through the night - and I'm one of those people who LOVE to sleep! I need a good 8 hours to feel rested. Then I got my period yesterday, so I've been miserable = nauseated, cramps, bloated... worse than normal. But today I woke up feeling pretty good... and that's when things went downhil...

Now, I, too, have been feeling pretty weak. I chalked it up to not sleeping well AND the fact that I really haven't been able to stomach more than Zero Vitaminwater and sugar-free popscicles. (I am also drinking Isopure = clear, flavored Water with 20g of protein). Since I am finally allowed to move on to "full liquids" (yougurt, crfeamy Soups, skim milk, etc.), today I had the brilliant idea of making a smoothie with some yogurt, ice, & a scoop of Protein powder. I figured I'd finally get some calories in me and that would help with my energy level. Well, it tasted good... really good! And I haven't had any issues with swallowing; everything has gone down smoothly so far. I guess I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was sipping - or how much. Long story short: I had my first experience with the puking/PBs.:o NOT fun!! I have felt yucky every since... I definitely learned my

lesson!!!

Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Here's a question/concern I throw out to everyone: if we're not getting a lot of calories in right now, won't that actually hinder our weight loss? On one hand, I feel like the pounds should be flying off me at this point since I really haven't "eaten" in almost 2 weeks. But on the other, I've never had a good metabolism, and I worry that because I'm not "feeding" my body, it's just clinging to every calorie/pound... Does that make sense??

Kell

Good luck !

error

double

I 'am having my surgery tomorrow, I'am scared and excited all rolled up in one.:huh: I'am ready to work hard and begin living. If you have a a second tomorrow please say a little prayer for me . :rolleyes:

Hi...

I am scheduled as the first case in the morning. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. Prayers please and I will say prayers to those having surgery in a.m. as well.

Lydia

hi, Great time I had my surgery at that time. Wake up shower and go, no time to stress. I'll be thinking of you. Before you know it your home recovering and on you way to your new life,:D

Hi,

I am new to the site. I, too, am being banded tomorrow. I am waiting to hear from hospital with time. I am trying to remain cool, calm and collective, but it is still at the back of my mind. Trying to keep busy but still there. I am positive and will say prayer tonight for speedy recovery and protection throughout procedure. It has been over a year since I started the journey. I just returned from a trip to Las Vegas. I had a great time. I was very careful with what I ate and did a lot of walking.

Good luck to all. I will try to post tomorrow night. My surgeon requires an overnight hospital stay. I have all my meds and Protein Shakes at home as well as everything I will need.

Stay positive. God bless.

Lydia

Hi...

I am scheduled as the first case in the morning. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. Prayers please and I will say prayers to those having surgery in a.m. as well.

Lydia

Hi,

Same here I haven't takin my pain meds in 2 days. I'm having terrible back pains, I'm thinking because I'm not a back sleeper and have been for the past week. The gas pain was the worst part. I finally feel alittle stronger today so I'm not so crazed anymore. Good for you on the clearence of food I have another week. I have been drinking Boost 2 Tbl 3x a day and flavored water & sugarfree pops. Everything just goes right threw me. :blink: Guessing that is why I'm so week. I went to the store last night. I thought I was gonna pass out. I wake with a unfamiliar taste in my mouth almost like metal or metallic, and my throat is still strange is not painful just not normal. I'm guessing from the scope. Great question the only time I have ever has success with weight loss is threw excerise and i sure haven't moved in a week. But 12 pounds down since last Tuesday aint to shabby, since all I do is drink and sit., and let me tell you its gettin old. I would think our bodies go into starvation mode, they always say dont skip Breakfast. So your right it is holding on to all it can??? I guess we shall see.:rolleyes:

Oh yea by the way I'm north end of Bpt near Trumbull Mall, I tried to write that yesterday but some how got cut off. I dont know why my profile says Ny and I can figure out how to change it.

Almost one week out and I'm kind of a mixed bag... The gas pains and pains around my incisions has definitely gotten much better. I haven't taken my perscribed pain meds in 2 days. But... I still haven't been able to sleep through the night - and I'm one of those people who LOVE to sleep! I need a good 8 hours to feel rested. Then I got my period yesterday, so I've been miserable = nauseated, cramps, bloated... worse than normal. But today I woke up feeling pretty good... and that's when things went downhil...

Now, I, too, have been feeling pretty weak. I chalked it up to not sleeping well AND the fact that I really haven't been able to stomach more than Zero Vitaminwater and sugar-free popscicles. (I am also drinking Isopure = clear, flavored Water with 20g of protein). Since I am finally allowed to move on to "full liquids" (yougurt, crfeamy Soups, skim milk, etc.), today I had the brilliant idea of making a smoothie with some yogurt, ice, & a scoop of Protein Powder. I figured I'd finally get some calories in me and that would help with my energy level. Well, it tasted good... really good! And I haven't had any issues with swallowing; everything has gone down smoothly so far. I guess I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was sipping - or how much. Long story short: I had my first experience with the puking/PBs.:o NOT fun!! I have felt yucky every since... I definitely learned my

lesson!!!

Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Here's a question/concern I throw out to everyone: if we're not getting a lot of calories in right now, won't that actually hinder our weight loss? On one hand, I feel like the pounds should be flying off me at this point since I really haven't "eaten" in almost 2 weeks. But on the other, I've never had a good metabolism, and I worry that because I'm not "feeding" my body, it's just clinging to every calorie/pound... Does that make sense??

Kell