Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 7 Post-OP, eating question..

I switched from clear fluids to more "full" liquids yesterday and my food intake yesterday was:

1/4-1/2 cup of yogurt

1 strained campells Soup at hand ( I had it at two seperate times, I think about a cups worth)

1/2 cup of beef broth

1 instant packet of cream of wheat

Is this normal? I was expecting to not get that much food in? Today I just blended some baked potato Soup and added some ff milk to it and I had about 3/4 of a cup. I feel "full" or satisfied right now but again just surprised I'm getting that down.

How much are you guys intaking or did you intake just 7 days post op?

I was eating 1/4 cup three times a day when I was on mushies. My surgeons orders were from liquids to mushies on day 7.

Sounds just about right.

Im on creamy foods, and today this is what I had.

Breakfast- packet of cream of wheat

Lunch- 1/3 cup of refried Beans whipped with a pinch of cheese and picante sauce.

Dinner- I plan to have 1/3 cup black bean puree with some mashed avocado on the side

No Snacks. I eat my little meals slowly and I do get full. I'm so glad to be off the liquids!

I had surgery 8 days ago.

My Dr ordered clears for 2 days, then full liquid for 2 weeks. I have to get in 60-80 g Protein, and min. 64 oz Fluid (total including shakes)

I don't think what you had was that much. I have more than that,,,lol

I start every day with a 25 g Protein shake, lunch is usually 4 oz ff milk and 4 oz Greek ff Yogart ( 12 g protein) a glass of ff milk with a some Protein powder later (approx 15 g), then either strained ff cream of chicken or Tomato Soup with 4 oz ff milk (8 g protein) = 60 g Protein, ,

I sip diet green tea and crystal light, making sure to reach my liquid intake.

I change this around here and there,,,but that's my basic daily intake..AND it never exceeds 600 calories a day...I don't have to count them,,,I do it out of curiousity.,,

You had a whole week of clears? I don't think I could have handled that..I need the protein to feel satisfied..What's your next step? I start puree 2 wks after surgery (this coming Monday)! can't wait (never thought I'd say that! lol)

Good luck!

I'd say that food amount is perfectly normal, you're doing great!

SO THANKFUL for all YOU GUYS! I had my surgery in Mexico so it's not like I can just easily call to ask questions. This forum is awesome! I did have to do clear fluids for a week....SIGH! I ended one day early though, as I was so weak and hungry. Starting Tuesday in one more week I get to add in pureed foods like blended meat (I don't know what that would be but this is what my sheet says), cottage cheese, more yogurt, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes... Man does all that sound awesome! This week from clear fluids to yogurt, skim milk, creamy Soups, cream of wheat, oatmeal and fruit smoothies with no chunks. It's so strange how I appreciate food so much more now. ;) Oh and Protein drinks start today. I need to go out and find a HIGH Protein One. The ones I have only have 13 g. of Protein and that is with 2 scoops. I'd be drinking all day on those to get the high protein I need. Any suggestions on a good tasting high protein one?

I had surgery 8 days ago.

My Dr ordered clears for 2 days, then full liquid for 2 weeks. I have to get in 60-80 g protein, and min. 64 oz Fluid (total including shakes)

I don't think what you had was that much. I have more than that,,,lol

I start every day with a 25 g protein shake, lunch is usually 4 oz ff milk and 4 oz Greek ff Yogart ( 12 g protein) a glass of ff milk with a some Protein Powder later (approx 15 g), then either strained ff cream of chicken or Tomato Soup with 4 oz ff milk (8 g protein) = 60 g protein,,

I sip diet green tea and crystal light, making sure to reach my liquid intake.

I change this around here and there,,,but that's my basic daily intake..AND it never exceeds 600 calories a day...I don't have to count them,,,I do it out of curiousity.,,

You had a whole week of clears? I don't think I could have handled that..I need the protein to feel satisfied..What's your next step? I start puree 2 wks after surgery (this coming Monday)! can't wait (never thought I'd say that! lol)

Good luck!

I LOVE your food lists. I've been wanting Beans... you do ok with cheese? Do you melt the cheese? Sounds SOOO good.

Sounds just about right.

Im on creamy foods, and today this is what I had.

Breakfast- packet of cream of wheat

Lunch- 1/3 cup of refried Beans whipped with a pinch of cheese and picante sauce.

Dinner- I plan to have 1/3 cup black bean puree with some mashed avocado on the side

No Snacks. I eat my little meals slowly and I do get full. I'm so glad to be off the liquids!

I LOVE your food lists. I've been wanting Beans... you do ok with cheese? Do you melt the cheese? Sounds SOOO good.

I only put a pinch of cheese for the taste and it melts right in. :)