Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About NSV?? My body is doing funny things, but scale isnt budging.

So, I found out what a NSV was.. and its cool..

But lately I was wondering.. How far can that go?

I mean, where something is happening to your body most definately but your just not losing any weight on the scale.< /p>

I have been stuck around 350 pounsa.. for Months.

I dont measure anything.

But its UNDENYABLE that my body is changing. (I am single, I date and I just know.. ok)

When I lost the bulk of my weight, I noticed some things..

But since then, since I stopped loosing, its been changing even more.

So, Can this mean that My Hanging Flab weighs alot in itself.. OR I gained some muscle (I dont see how, I am not active) OR I am retaining Water (I have never retained water in my life and have no symptoms of it)

I DONT KNOW..

Does the fat Keep drooping and changing with gravity, even though I lost the bulk of the weight months ago?

I am kinda hopeing I am NOT stalled at 350 pounds and I am still having productive changes and that counts for something..

My right arm is so much smaller and the fat is collecting (or flab??) at the armpit area.

My stomach used to have ONE problem area.

I mean an area that I had to wipe with a baby wipe to keep clean ( I would do this every time I went potty) .. this is a non private area.. just an area suseptiple to uncleaness cuz it was so flabbish.. Once in a while it got a rash (it could be cleaned and soaked and gone in 24 hours)

NOW.. my stomach has FIVE of those areas..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my steachmarks are turning wrinkly.. I exspected that to happen.. BUT NOT when I am not loosing any weight..

At this point I have only lost about 65 pounds and I have lost 50 and 40 pounds many many times.. and NONE of this ever happened!!!!

Sorry if this gets gross.. I find it very gross too.

Then my leg.. the inner thigh.. it has this big dent in it.. It looks very nasty when I lift it to shave my legs.. I mean it ALWAYS looked nasty.. But this dent thing is Crazy..

AND all the pores in that area.. the inner thigh area are like wrinked and hold (or seem to hold) MANY MANY more pores.. I mean its all bunched together and No matter what i do, I cant stand to feel it... Its like I need a MASSIVE exfoliation that I never felt I needed before... HOw can you exfolite skin that isnt taught (without help, at my size)

Ok... SO I had my first discusting.. LIKE serious BEd sore/ rash?? episode.

I took pictures it was so bad. It appeared one day OVERnight, NO kidding.. It only took 2 days to get rid of, but none the less I was freaked OUT!!!!

I am going to bring the pics to my doctor to show him. I guess I want a record if my body is gonna start doing this.

Sooooooooo

I brought up two issues here... sorry..

I am getting very scared.. I havent lost much weight and my body is INSANE changing and flabbing out and NEW to me and causing pores and rashes and seems like if I lose 50 more pounds I would have so bathe 4 times a day to keep clean,. lol

anyway.

thanks for listning

I love you guys

Wow, yes, take pics for future plastic surgery if needed! My scale hasn't moved in weeks (months?), but I keep getting comments from folks like "Wow...looking good!" "You look like youv'e lost" or "Boy, you are shrinking!" but not on the scale!!!! I think, in my experience, we lose and then our bodies take time to adjust...the fat move around, the dimples and wrinkles set in, etc etc before the scale starts moving again.

My tummy is uglier than EVER!!! It's very wrinkly. ewwww. BUT, it's a sign I have been losng. So. There you have it.

It's hard watching our bodies change. Especially when it seems worse than better. But the weight coming off is what gives us HEALTH! which is a heck of alot better than obesity. Some folks don't like the changes and eat back up to what's a more mentally comfortable size.

Take pics and watch you change!

I have DEFINITELY noticed that with me, it's either one or the other. Either the scale moves, OR my body changes. It's almost like both things can't happen at the same time.

It's just the way nature works, I guess. Nykee, it sure sounds like it's time to incorporate some exercise if you can. Excess skin is one thing, but flabbiness you can DO something about. Toning muscles will go a long way toward making you like the changes in your body.

All I can do is go to aqua aerobics and I have a real cheap membership at the ymca and I have NO excuse what so ever for not going.

plus if I go, thats a soak and shower every day..

I really need to go.. I think I should make some kind of committment to do this along with my fill.

Yep- when my scale is not moving, I do lose inches. I comes in stages for me. Lose lbs, stay there for weeks, lose inches.

I think this is becoming my motto here, but remember - weight does not equal fat. Weight is a measurement of your body's total mass, not of it's fat content.

All of the possibilites you question are indeed possibilities. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are doing any strength training, it's almost guaranteed that you will be losing fat but not weight. Muscle also needs more calories to exist (long story short), which is why the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn, even while sedintary.

You could be retaining Water. Things that commonly cause retention include being pre- or post-menstrual (esp. within 2 - 3 days), eating salty/high sodium foods, not drinking enough Water (your body will go into "store" mode, just as it does with your fat reserves when you don't consume enough calories and nutrients), weather, temperature, elevation, mobility -- all that and more influence how much water your body holds onto.

Have y6ou ever weighed one day, then weighed the next and you've lost some incredible amount of weight? It's not possible to lose that much fat overnight. Your bosy has decided to give something up.

No worries, eventually the scale will catch up with what your body is telling you. :cake: