Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tube came apart from port

yes, realize band! sorry this happen to you. Be sure ur surgen puts the tube on the port as tight as it will go, or this will just happen again, like it happen to me. i had mine fixed for the 2nd time 2 1/2 weeks ago and so far so good!

good luck to you!!!

Did they put to sleep for this and was it out patient surgery?

Did they put to sleep for this and was it out patient surgery?

yes and yes. iv had a time with this band. my surgen wanted me to take it out and transfer to a sleeve, but I didn't want the sleeve. If it comes apart for the third time, its just comming out!!!!

If I was you, I would also have him to put 2 or 3 ml of saline in the band while he in there, because you will be very sore for a while and will be unable to t=get a fill fpr a while.

best of luck to ya..

I was thinking about the sleeve myself. I know your answer, I read it! But,,,, are you aware that they can fold or roll the stomach out of the way, and stitch it instead of cutting part of it away.

I have to admit I have been banded almost 5 yrs., and if I were given that choice by the surgeon, "IF IT WERE NOT REMOVED" I would give that some thought, and research.

Just passing that your way.

Also can they replace that band with the Lap Band?

I wish you Good Health, and Success with what ever you are doing, Shirley.

Do you have the Realize band? I was thinking of this type of band but my Dr called me night before surgery to tell me that the tubes are getting disconnected from the access port and that he suggested the Lap Band.

Do you have the Realize band? I was thinking of this type of band but my Dr called me night before surgery to tell me that the tubes are getting disconnected from the access port and that he suggested the Lap Band.

yes, i have the realize band, and its had to be fixed twice

yes and yes. iv had a time with this band. my surgen wanted me to take it out and transfer to a sleeve, but I didn't want the sleeve. If it comes apart for the third time, its just comming out!!!!

If I was you, I would also have him to put 2 or 3 ml of saline in the band while he in there, because you will be very sore for a while and will be unable to t=get a fill fpr a while.

best of luck to ya..

Thank you for the suggestion. I was wishing that they would put back in what I had in it. Good luck and thank you for the support.

Yes, I have the Realize Band. I was never asked before surgery which one I preferred. Someone told me they use whichever one is best suited to the patient, I go Monday to see the surgeon and set a date to have whatever they are going to do about it done. I have been miserable since March with the pain and discomfort. My gynecologist ordered a CT of my abdomen & pelvis. The person that read that scan never picked up on it hanging down in my abdomen. I took the films with me when I went to see the Bariatric surgeon and he saw it right away. I had to go to a hospital that is 100 miles away from me because it had to be a Center Of Excellence for my ins to pay.

Thank you for the suggestion. I was wishing that they would put back in what I had in it. Good luck and thank you for the support.

your very welcome, im glad i could help. i know how much pain i was in, and not knowing what was going on, being shuffled from doc to doc, lol. And one more thing, he put 3ml back in my band and I felt so much restriction, I thought something was wrong. But come to find out, I never held anything in my band from the beginning, so its actually doing what its supposed to :)

Wishing you the best...

your very welcome, im glad i could help. i know how much pain i was in, and not knowing what was going on, being shuffled from doc to doc, lol. And one more thing, he put 3ml back in my band and I felt so much restriction, I thought something was wrong. But come to find out, I never held anything in my band from the beginning, so its actually doing what its supposed to :)

Wishing you the best...

Saw my Dr. today and she is going to replace my port. She still believes all the pain I have cannot be coming from the tubing. It is so frustrating as I feel it has been, Did your pain move around a lot and was it a stabbing and/or pinching pain? I also have a moderate size umbilical hernia that she is going to fix.

I only wish you well, I am sorry that you have to go threw this.

She found a Hernia and will repair it, that's good, they can cause a lot of pain. I know my surgeon burned the flesh, ans closed the hernia. Best thing he ever did, No mesh or anything.

Your Port should be stitched to a muscle, and should not move at all.

Just a helpful thought popped in,,,, When you see her the morning of surgery. Tell her if there is anything else wrong, like the tubing, to just replace that too. Because you want this to work for you, like it works for other people.

Again,, I wish you well, Shirley.

Saw my Dr. today and she is going to replace my port. She still believes all the pain I have cannot be coming from the tubing. It is so frustrating as I feel it has been, Did your pain move around a lot and was it a stabbing and/or pinching pain? I also have a moderate size umbilical hernia that she is going to fix.

I had unbeliveable pain that keept moving around my whole abd. From the very bottom of my belly to the top and sides :( That lil tube can put you in a great deal of pain! it was a stabbing/pressure type mostly. After my last repair, i havent had any pain and it feels wonderful.

Best wishes for you.

I had unbeliveable pain that keept moving around my whole abd. From the very bottom of my belly to the top and sides :( That lil tube can put you in a great deal of pain! it was a stabbing/pressure type mostly. After my last repair, i havent had any pain and it feels wonderful.

Best wishes for you.

Hi, well that is what my pain feels like. I told the doctor yesterday that I feel a person knows their own body and I really feel that it is from the tubing. I am so glad that i came across your posting last week when I was looking around to see if anyone else had complications of the same kind. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling so good since the repair. Thank you again for answering my questions. it is so good to have the support of other gals or guys who have the band.

Hi, well that is what my pain feels like. I told the doctor yesterday that I feel a person knows their own body and I really feel that it is from the tubing. I am so glad that i came across your posting last week when I was looking around to see if anyone else had complications of the same kind. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling so good since the repair. Thank you again for answering my questions. it is so good to have the support of other gals or guys who have the band.

your very nice, and im glad i could help. thats the only reason I posted what I did. I was in so much pain and got shuffled from doc, to doc, and i knew the whole time it my tubing. Just wanted to be able to help someone else if i could! So im glad i did :)

your very nice, and im glad i could help. thats the only reason I posted what I did. I was in so much pain and got shuffled from doc, to doc, and i knew the whole time it my tubing. Just wanted to be able to help someone else if i could! So im glad i did :)

Wanted to check in with you & see how you are doing. The surgeons office called me today and said they are trying to get me scheduled for next Wed. I had so much pain today and it is so depressing. She told me when she saw me that she isn't sure that all my pain is coming from the tubing handing down. Now I am so afraid I will have that fixed and still be in pain. Today the pain was in my right lower abdomen and from my naval down to the bladder area. If it is not coming from the tubing then I hope she will know what is causing it. I will keep you posted.

Wanted to check in with you & see how you are doing. The surgeons office called me today and said they are trying to get me scheduled for next Wed. I had so much pain today and it is so depressing. She told me when she saw me that she isn't sure that all my pain is coming from the tubing handing down. Now I am so afraid I will have that fixed and still be in pain. Today the pain was in my right lower abdomen and from my naval down to the bladder area. If it is not coming from the tubing then I hope she will know what is causing it. I will keep you posted.

You will be suprised at how much pain that lil tube will cause! I was. I just pray for you that it only happens once, this will be the only time you will have to deal with it. Yes, please keep me posted, and good luck wed :)