Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

beginning to loose hope.

Good Morning!

I am from Charlotte NC and I am 43 and I need my life back. I am so frustrated because I have jumped through all the hoops of trying to get banded and I just keep geting no where I hav all of my test done and I haven't heard a word from my doctors ofice. I keep e-mailing the person in charge and get no response I call and leave messages and bo return call. I do have one problem and I need help with how to fix it.. Maybe someone can give me some help or suggestions: here is my situation, my doctors needs documentation of my weight over the last year or so for his records or somthing of that nature the thing is and I have explained it more that once to them I never went to the doctor because of being FAT so I may have 1 record but not all that they are asking me for so what do I do and where do I begin. I am beginning to feel that I will never get this done and I have put so much time and money into it that I feel will be a total loss.

Can someone please help!!!!! Beginning to loose hope!

Just because you didn't go to the doctor for weight related issues, they still weighed you didn't they? How long have you been with your pcp? If it's as substantial amount of time, I'm sure he would be willing to write whatever you need him too. If you are having trouble getting a response from doctor's office I would just show up there and say "hey, I need some answers!" Either that or find a new doctor!

Good Morning!

I am from Charlotte NC and I am 43 and I need my life back. I am so frustrated because I have jumped through all the hoops of trying to get banded and I just keep geting no where I hav all of my test done and I haven't heard a word from my doctors ofice. I keep e-mailing the person in charge and get no response I call and leave messages and bo return call. I do have one problem and I need help with how to fix it.. Maybe someone can give me some help or suggestions: here is my situation, my doctors needs documentation of my weight over the last year or so for his records or somthing of that nature the thing is and I have explained it more that once to them I never went to the doctor because of being FAT so I may have 1 record but not all that they are asking me for so what do I do and where do I begin. I am beginning to feel that I will never get this done and I have put so much time and money into it that I feel will be a total loss.

Can someone please help!!!!! Beginning to loose hope!

You just need records of what you weighed when you went to the Drs Office. No matter what you do to the Drs for , they ALWAYS weigh you. Thats all you need =)

Is it your lap-band surgeon whose office isn't answering? If so, you might need to find another surgeon! Do you really want to try to get after-care from an office that won't even call you back before you have the surgery?

In the meantime, I think that there are some other things you could be doing to be proactive.

I read somewhere on here about a person who hadn't been to a doctor often enough for the approval. He or she found pictures from the missing times (I assume they had dates on them) and used those to help prove that the weight had been on for years.

The other thing you might consider doing is starting to go to a primary care doctor right now--make an appointment for this week. My insurance (like many others) requires a six-month doctor-directed diet before approving lap band. When I decided back in January to get lap band, I began by talking to my PCP. He started me on a diet and I meet with him once every month. It doesn't matter if you lose weight, really--you just need to prove that you have the determination to keep working with your doctor. And the BMI that counts for the insurance companies is one you have at the first visit.

I've been considering the six-month diet with my PCP my "practice run" for the lap band. Although I still eat more calories than are "allowed" on the diet (because I get hungry!) I have lost 36 lbs so far (my surgeon's office just sent off my information to the insurance company for approval). But even if I hadn't lost weight, it would still be worth it because I've been more conscious of my eating habits--I started journaling my food intake and my activities, again as practice for when I have the lap band.

With most insurance companies, having documentation is what matters. Call every doctor who has ever weighed you in the last five years and see if they have records, then get copies. Find pictures with dates on them. Begin creating new documentation today by making appointments with doctors.

Anyway, those are the things I would do.

Good luck, and keep us posted!