Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I WAS going to ask for advice on why I am suddenly having uncontrollable sleeping...

BUT, I looked it up and pretty much it can be all kinds of things..

What ever, all I know is that for two weeks, I am in pass out mode.. all times of the day and with seemingly no cause.. It wont matter how long or how hard I have slept..and I have NEVEr slept nor drempt (lol, is that a word) so much in my life.

Its totally different than anything in my life I have EVER experienced.

I have tried and tried to get on a schedule.. doesnt work

I have checked my meds to make sure I am not suddenly without realizing it, taking too much. .... I am not.

I have thought long and hard about it being depression.... WHo knows

I have not checked my blood suger and I guess I will go to lab next week and check it.. but ITs NEVER my diabeties whenever I think it may be.

I am eating like CRAP.. worse as I ever have, but still think I get enough nutriants and stuff not to have some weird sleeping disorder.

Its ticking me off.. I cant live like this!!!

I looked this up.. but what do you guys think? Anyone go through this?

Hypersomnia leads to the urge to nap during the day, no matter what you're doing. Thats what I am doing

Other symptoms may include anxiety, always increased irritation, well yeah when the house isnt quiet and my body is in pass out mode decreased energy,duh restlessness, yes, dont know what to do when I am up, but I dont do anything now cuz I feel like I am just gonna have to be asleep soon slow thinking and speech, loss of appetite,well I cant ever eat cuz I am always 'waking up' and I wake up swollen.. hallucinations the dreams I am having are pretty darn close and memory problems. hard to tell

Hypersomnia may be caused by narcolepsy (or sleep apnea, another sleep disorder)Not that I know of, drug or alcohol abuse, No, not unless my pills are affecting me different all of a sudden (pain pills) But I dont feeeel anything when I take them (like high or euphoric or nothing a tumor, or injury to the head or central nervous system. well thats broad

Multiple sclerosis,no depression, I dont know encephalitis, ??epilepsy no or obesity so there it is.. THATS IT!!!!lol can also be contributing factors.

grrrr

When you see the doctor ask him/her to chek your thyroid. That is what I did when mine was out of whack. ~Mandy

ohhh.. I will tell my doctor and he will do what?? Prolly nothing..

Maybe check my thyroid though.... at leaste do my lab, maybe check for something else .. check some extra boxes on the lab sheet..

sometimes I feel I am just being stupid.. and I go to the doctor with that attitude..

But this is seriously weird.. I cant deny it..

I have 4 kids and HELLO.. I KNow when I am all fluckerd up..

I keep saying "I am depressed" to the kids.... But How does one KNOW that?? I see the commercials about depression and sleeping.. and I have a BS degree in psychology and I am NO stranger to depression.. BUT there is that ONe kind of horrible kind where you literally just pass out and dont get out of bed cuz you sleep.. and sleep.. ????

HOw can my household (I dont have a bedroom, I sleep in the living room) just go on around me as I sleep heavily in dream.. when I have never been able to sleep for years even at night.

I would just hope he wouldnt assume its my pain meds (they been the same a long long time) But I willing to let him mess with them.. I am no stranger to pain..

Oh well

thanks for letting me vent;.

Nykee, you can vent any time you like!

The first thing that occured to me is that it might be your pain meds too, it could very well be that the dosage was good for you before you lost so much weight. (oh and WELL DONE on the weight! You've lost a good sized kid!)

Do not take "No" for an answer Nykee! If it isn't your pain meds, then it is something else, and you make them find out what's wrong. I'm in your corner!

I hope that you are able to talk to the doctor and really let him know exactly what is going on with your body. Maybe write down the times you are sleeping and what you are eating for the next day or so and have that with you when you see the doc? I would also ask them to check your B12 level, I know that my surgeon checks it every 3 months, he says that sometimes after weightloss surgery there is a drop in B12 and that can cause fatigue and mood changes. A simple shot of B12 can make you feel back to normal in no time at all. I know that after the birth of my daughter my B12 dropped and I had to do the shots for about 6 months and they really made a difference. I hope all goes well with you and the doctor, go in with a positive attitude and maybe it will be easier to make progress. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on what is going on. ~Mandy

Are you sure this is not related to your blood sugar levels? You mentioned diabetes. I know that before I started medication I was having incredible waves of tiredness about 1 hour after lunch. A freaking narcotic, drugged, tired feeling where I could barely keep my eyes open, literally. That feeling was what sent me to the doctor to begin with....and of course I found that I had blood sugar issues and my lunches were usually my worst meal of the day (high carb, fast food, crap stuff)and caused the worst reactions. If your food choices are "crap" lately like you say, lol, maybe you are putting your sugars out of range. You should probably drag yourself to your doctor and get this checked out no matter what is causing it, you shouldn't be feeling this tired...especially if you know it is not a "normal" tired feeling. Get yourself checked out and see what can be done to get you feeling better.

wow

thanks guys

you really made me think about this more seriously..

Lianna,

NO, I have never noticed anything happening to me cuz of my diabeties... and I dont check my levels on a home device.

If that is happening to me (YOU described it perfectly!) cuz of my blood and sugars ... I will just hate myself for being so ignorant.. I went off my meds but that was months and months ago. And I never saw any reason to be on them except to lower this number my doctor wants to stay under 8.0 or he wont let me have the prednisone I need.

I dont notice that it has anything to do with my food.. or when I eat.

I eat weird especially now that i am always asleep, my band is always tight.

Like today (or yesterday) I woke at 7am, and ate nothing.. by 11am I was passed out and dreaming till 7pm.. and at like 10 pm I ate reses Peanut Butter cups, chocolate milk, potatoe Soup and cheetos.. (HORRIBLE I KNOW) and I went to bed about 3am (normally, not passing out) and got up around 6am.. and who knows what will happen..

peir< I am totally going to make a small diary... but he will be sure to notice my HORRIBLE food choices.. Oh well, he isnt my band doctor in anyway... I wont get in till friday even if I tell them its urgent.. so thats a good idea..

I mean if its not my blood and sugar stuff, its something else..

I kinda HOPe it IS my bloods and suger, that way I can stop being so ignorant about it all.

I will lwt you guys know..

THIS place is WAY supportive..thanks so much!

There is such a thing as narcolepsy, where you fall asleep often and fast and wake up erratic.

There is also sleep apnea which can cause weird things to happen to your body.

It may be nothing serious, or it may be one of many things, but I would definitely print out exactly how you explained it here and give it to your dr. in layman's terms. You expressed what was happening to your body loud and clear and that's what he needs to hear too.

Try and take it easy till you see him. Although depression causes lots of things, including sometimes wanting to sleep all the time, this doesn't sound like it.

Take good care of yourself and be extra good to you.:help:

yikes jak

your the opposite of me as far as getting educated on this diabeties thing.

thank you

Sweetheart, if you went off your meds I hope it was with your doctors blessing!!! I really think you need to have some bloodwork done and get your A1c levels checked. As Jack said, in terms I only mostly understood LOL, if your 3 month average is elevated it is probably the cause of this unexplained tiredness. I am not positive, would assume, that it could have been a cumulative effect since you stopped your meds that your sugars have been creeping to higher levels. You mentioned eating nothing but startches and sugars all day......you sound like you are on a cycle of highs and lows. I hope you get this straightened out if it is indeed the cause and let us know what your doc tells you after your appt. Hugs till then, and STEP AWAY FROM THE REESES!!!!!!

Hi, Nykee~

I would REALLY encourage you to get educated about the diabetes...it's a BAD disease and if you are Type 2 (adult onset) you can do a lot to change the course of it. A1C is a test to determine how well you've been controlling your sugar levels over the course of several months. And the higher it gets, the more you risk complications such as heart disease, kidney disease, neuropathy (weird or decreased sensation or pain), circulatory problems, etc. All of which are things you DON'T want! Your doctor should have information for you or there are lots of books you can get. Or contact the American Diabetes Assn.--they have lots of educational materials they would be glad to send you. It's really important that you know what you are dealing with, because it can be devastating if you don't take care of it, especially because you're a young person and have more of your life ahead of you. PLEASE, PLEASE learn about this.

My son is Type I, and there is a lot less those people can do to affect their disease. But the docs want that A1C to be at 7 or less...preferrably 6.5, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Please see your doctor...you owe it to yourself and your kids. And let us know what you find out.

Emily

Check out your pain meds. If they contain opiates, that really could be a contributing factor. They are not meant for long term use.

No one mentioned a lower blood pressure that somtimes comes with weight loss. Low potassium also can make you feel wiped out. There are dozens of things that can cause sleepiness. Usually it comes turnes out to be a virus, medication or electolytes being out of whack.