Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to wear slip on shorts and a zippered shirt as I could not lift my arms above my head and flip flops. I don't have a pain pump but if you can get one DO IT. I still have my drains in and I had surgery 6 days ago.... So here are my thoughts on prep..... if your doctor says you need compression stuff get it and bring it the day of surgery. Set up where you plan on recovering get a towel or medical pad for sitting... tissues, wipes extra napkins ect . I actually went and bought a couple of zip up bathing suit cover ups so it was easy for my hubby to do my drains and using the bathroom.I made sure I had plenty of Snacks and easy prep meals now that my hubby went back to work. I am still hurting but it gets better everyday and I know it is worth it I can't wait to go shopping.

Jerzee

thank you so much, they are providing the compression garments. I was told to wear something like a jogging suit. I am going to my parents for at least a week maybe longer depending on how i feel so I won't have to do much other than keeping up with my online students via laptop for that period of time. I am getting Lipo for my flanks and TT only this time. My parents are totally against it but thank goodness they love me enough to take care of me while I recover. Thanks again Jerzee. If you can think of anything please don't hesitate to share it with me.

thank you so much, they are providing the compression garments. I was told to wear something like a jogging suit. I am going to my parents for at least a week maybe longer depending on how i feel so I won't have to do much other than keeping up with my online students via laptop for that period of time. I am getting Lipo for my flanks and TT only this time. My parents are totally against it but thank goodness they love me enough to take care of me while I recover. Thanks again Jerzee. If you can think of anything please don't hesitate to share it with me.

here is my email jerzee_gator@yahoo.com stay in touch let me know how you are doing.

here is my email jerzee_gator@yahoo.com stay in touch let me know how you are doing.

I will do that, Thanks again.

Hi All...

It has been a log time since I have been on....I had my band done in July 2010 and lost close to 60 pounds, I recently met with a plastic surgeon and planned a TT and Lipo and Just had it it done this past Tuesday and I am in the midst of my recovery. I still have my drains in and and wearing compression clothing for my arms, flanks,thighs and face and I can't wait to see what I look like when all the swelling goes down. If anyone has any questions please ask It has been a wonderful adventure.

Jerzee

It sounds like you had a lot done at once as well. How is the recovery and healing going and how are you feeling and dealing with pain issues and taking care of the drains, bandaging, etc? I have had a few nights of waking up frequently with night terrors!! 1 week from tomorrow and I am really very scared!

It sounds like you had a lot done at once as well. How is the recovery and healing going and how are you feeling and dealing with pain issues and taking care of the drains, bandaging, etc? I have had a few nights of waking up frequently with night terrors!! 1 week from tomorrow and I am really very scared!

I am doing ok...my incision site is doing great but sadly due to a previous surgery I had on my belly button there was a chance it could die and it did so I go back to the OR to fix it tomorrow. I am a bit tired and weak but I get better every day. I know you will do well and just think on how awesome you will look when you are all healed.

Stay in touch...

Kelly

I am doing ok...my incision site is doing great but sadly due to a previous surgery I had on my belly button there was a chance it could die and it did so I go back to the OR to fix it tomorrow. I am a bit tired and weak but I get better every day. I know you will do well and just think on how awesome you will look when you are all healed.

Stay in touch...

Kelly

So sorry for your complication and hope your fix is fast and easy. I go for pre-op appointment on Wednesday. I'm trying to stay calm! Let us know how your fix goes and update your progress!

Thanks

Jessie

Hey Jeerzee,

How are you doing today? I am feeling better as well. It is going slow, but progressing nonetheless. I go back to see doctor tomorrow and see if the stitches will come out. The nurse took drains out yesterday. Keep us updated. Hang in there.

Hey Jeerzee,

How are you doing today? I am feeling better as well. It is going slow, but progressing nonetheless. I go back to see doctor tomorrow and see if the stitches will come out. The nurse took drains out yesterday. Keep us updated. Hang in there.

Take care ladies. I am watching your progress to see how well u are doing

My TT has been rescheduled :-( when I called the office about a fill I was told that my surgeon is moving to a new practice. He personally called me & I am going to have my TT done with the new practice - prob beginning of August. So I get to wait some more

I'm sorry you have to wait, hopefully it will fly by before you know it. I got my stitches out today. I still have a little pain at various times throughout the day but have been taking extra strength Tylenol for the last couple days as needed. Definitely have some discomfort at times especially with the compression garment. I'm going to order some Spanx so I can ditch the compression garment per nurse. This forum has helped me get through this, I hope the rest of you find it beneficial as well. Like Jerzee, I'm willing to answer any questions that anyone has about the procedure and recovery up to now (one week and a half out).

Take care ladies. I am watching your progress to see how well u are doing

My TT has been rescheduled :-( when I called the office about a fill I was told that my surgeon is moving to a new practice. He personally called me & I am going to have my TT done with the new practice - prob beginning of August. So I get to wait some more

Let me know ...have a great weekend...

Kelly

I survived the extended abdomnioplasty, full face lift and upper eyelid surgery. I must say the first two days were totally ridiculous and I wasn't always sure I would make it, but it gets better with each day. Monday will be 1 month out for me. My face is healing very well and I'm happy with the results even this early out. My abdomen has healed well in front, but the back hip sides are slow to heal and quite nasty looking. I still have one drain as the output remains very high. If it has not decreased at week 5, the Dr. is going to inject something that is supposed to generate scar tissue. The drains are the worst part and it is unusual for anyone to have them for over a month! He said I am "special", something I don't care to be in this case. Everyone complains of swelling, but my stomach remains very flat perhaps because of the drain and its excessive output! Anyway, I must admit my stomach looks very good. I will probably need an office revision for a dogtail once I have healed. Would I do this again? I'm not really sure right now. I'm just glad it's over with and I'm improving each day!

Ladies, how do your upper abs look? I'm disappointed in how my upper abs look? My lower abs/tummy looks good, but I want to look uniform. My left flank looks good, but my right flank still has a little flab left on it after liposuction. So, I have scheduled another consultation with my PS in October to discuss further procedures. I think that is a bit ridiculous too to have to do another consultation with my PS. He looked at me when I did my initial consult. Please offer me any advice you can, I will be 6 weeks post op (TT/MR/Lipo of flanks) Tuesday. I restarted exercise this past Friday.

My PS said he didn't want to get around the port much. Be sure to ask your surgeon about his experience with lap bands. He said he had done some but that's not evident.

My midriff upsets me, too!!! I paid for a regular Tummy Tuck and basically had a panniculectomy...no skin off the midriff, no muscle tightening. It has been a year and a half and I am still mad!!! And I, too, have a dog ear on one hip. Seems like your PS should take care of you for your original cost...I wish I had bird dogged mine, Dr C. Brett Carlin in Columbia, SC!!!

Mimi