Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone signed this?

Someone on another site posted a long release form that they said is from a lapband doctor. Part of it reads:

As doctors, we are nearly always told, “I am willing to take the risk of dying from this surgery because it is better than going on like this” and “I don’t want to be a model. I Just want my health back”. All but a very few of these people later cry about the fact that they did not lose all the weight they wanted to lose. They are unhappy even though their health is improved. Many of them come back and want other cosmetic tune-ups like liposuction, tummy tucks and skin removal from their arms. Kaiser Permanente does not have a cosmetic surgery benefit. Save some of the money you are not spending on food for these elective procedures.

Read and understood _________________________________________________

Has anyone actually seen this form and signed it?

Uhhhh no laugh.gif We're on a tight grocery budget and honestly, it hasn't shrunk any, because I'm still buying the same amount of meats and fruits & veggies- the stuff I avoid now is all the cheap stuff! And anyway, the cost of my Fiber and Vitamin C and chewable Multivitamins sure eats up whatever "savings" I might have ;)

You can die from any surgery. There's can be complications. Yourdoctor does the procedure its your reason for failing however There are some cases when it a bad band but you have to take responsibility for your results. If want to be.sucessful you have to sT.right and exercise.

You can die from any surgery. There's can be complications. Yourdoctor does the procedure its your reason for failing however There are some cases when it a bad band but you have to take responsibility for your results. If want to be.sucessful you have to sT.right and exercise.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it. I just want to know if this is a release that is being put out there for patients to sign. I have my doubts as to its authenticity.

Each doctor has their own forms and rules.

I highly doubt that is authentic and furthermore, would never go to a quack who made me sign it. It's insulting to imply that my big grocery budget would now allow me to buy $10-$20,000 in plastic surgery. I probably spend more on groceries now because I don't buy (much) cheap processed food or fast food.< /p>

That said, my doc and his staff are very clear from the seminar on forward that WLS patients will never be "skinny", they will just be much less fat. They try really hard to prepare people for the realities of the 60% of excess weight lost average. And, I was well aware that plastic surgery was not covered by insurance as it is a cosmetic procedure. I don't have a problem with either of those things-- but seriously, if I would have seen that form, I would have walked right out of his office and chose another surgeon. I've been condescended to enough in my 35 years by doctors about my fat.

WOW... if that is real, it sure is an odd thing for a Doctor to have a patient sign!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches