Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This too is a bit nasty.... but I must know

I'm 4 days post op and have yet to use the bathroom (No. 2). LOL! I'm having problems drinking the shakes but I am keeping myself hydrated. I hear everyone on here saying that they are having a problem with diarrhea (not that I want that) but I haven't gone at all. Is this a problem? I am doing No. 1 regularly but not No. 2. Sorry for this kind of question but I need to know if I should call my surgeon in the morning. Any comment would be appreciated.

I'm 4 days post op and have yet to use the bathroom (No. 2). LOL! I'm having problems drinking the shakes but I am keeping myself hydrated. I hear everyone on here saying that they are having a problem with diarrhea (not that I want that) but I haven't gone at all. Is this a problem? I am doing No. 1 regularly but not No. 2. Sorry for this kind of question but I need to know if I should call my surgeon in the morning. Any comment would be appreciated.

It is very normal. Same thing happened to me. I started taking two Fiber gummies per day and now I am even more regular than I was pre-op.

Hey There,

I was banded Tuesday morning. 10 days prior I was on a liquid diet. The only thing that

I had been doing up to this morning is #1. Yesterday(Saturday) I had a small amount of liquid like cream of wheat and a serving of the 98%fat free cream of chicken Soup with fat free lactaid. This ultimately led to a very small movement today. Talk about milestones. The cream of wheat and Soup may have done it. You are okay. As long as the gas is passing and your are emptying the liquid to some degree you are good. Some have said that the more liquid that you take in or should I say SIP, the more likely you will pass solids. I am not an expert though. I am just sharing my experience from this week and I am still alive and kicking. My doctor's office confirmed that I was okay.

Hey There,

I was banded Tuesday morning. 10 days prior I was on a liquid diet. The only thing that

I had been doing up to this morning is #1. Yesterday(Saturday) I had a small amount of liquid like cream of wheat and a serving of the 98%fat free cream of chicken Soup with fat free lactaid. This ultimately led to a very small movement today. Talk about milestones. The cream of wheat and soup may have done it. You are okay. As long as the gas is passing and your are emptying the liquid to some degree you are good. Some have said that the more liquid that you take in or should I say SIP, the more likely you will pass solids. I am not an expert though. I am just sharing my experience from this week and I am still alive and kicking. My doctor's office confirmed that I was okay.

Oh okay. I guess I should be sending someone for some Fiber gummies. LOL! I feel like if i go i would feel so much better. I'm drinking small quantities at a time but i always feel so full. I'm scared to go over 2 - 3 oz of anything. Thank you so much for your comment.<br class="khtml-block-placeholder"><br class="khtml-block-placeholder">

It is very normal. Same thing happened to me. I started taking two fiber gummies per day and now I am even more regular than I was pre-op.

@ saundrac. They only have me on the shakes, clear broth, sugar free Jello and/or any other zero calorie liquids. I can't wait til I can eat Soup and cream of wheat. LOL! The gas is definitely passing! LOL! Thank you so much for your comment.

Hey There,

I had been doing up to this morning is #1. Yesterday(Saturday) I had a small amount of liquid like cream of wheat and a serving of the 98%fat free cream of chicken soup with fat free lactaid. This ultimately led to a very small movement today. Talk about milestones. The cream of wheat and soup may have done it. You are okay. As long as the gas is passing and your are emptying the liquid to some degree you are good. Some have said that the more liquid that you take in or should I say SIP, the more likely you will pass solids. I am not an expert though. I am just sharing my experience from this week and I am still alive and kicking. My doctor's office confirmed that I was okay.

Since you are on liquids your body won't have the need to eliminate the way it would if you are on solids, but once you start transitioning to mushies and then solids you will see that things will be more normal again. If you are feeeling bloated though, try adding Miralax to your diet; its perfectly safe and slow moving. No surprises :) good luck!

it's totally normal to go a few days without a BM after surgery... the anesthesia has that effect on your digestive system. It may even take a few days to pass gas... if it goes for more than a week or you start having pain and pressure because of it call your doc. Because of the nature of our surgery you can't just eat some fig newtons or prunes (both have helped me after past surgeries), you could sip some prune juice (ick) or you could just wait it out. Not sure how much fiber your doc wants you having during this part of your recovery... check with him/her before starting fiber if you weren't on it before surgery!