Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wrapping My Brain around this

I'm a New Yorker too! lol I'm from the Bronx.. I work for the Emmm Tee Yaay so I'm all over the city. Congrats on Jury Duty too.. a nice lil change of pace. Tho.. being held there late is definitely the pits.

What part of the bronx do you live in? I live just across the river from the bronx, near Yankee Stadium in Harlem. I am the last stop of the 3 train. My commute is easy peasy, no matter where i go within the city.

Afternoon update....well, as much as this decision is killing me, I guess there is (almost) no turning back now because I just spent almost $400 :blink:on Protein Shakes and other things to get me through both my 2 weeks of liquid diet and my first 10 days post op. I have everything i think i need, at least i sure do hope so.

Afternoon update....well, as much as this decision is killing me, I guess there is (almost) no turning back now because I just spent almost $400 :blink:on Protein shakes and other things to get me through both my 2 weeks of liquid diet and my first 10 days post op. I have everything i think i need, at least i sure do hope so.

Since your in the mood to spend money on Protein Shakes.

Keep this in mind.

Go to ebay, and type in MUSCLE MILK, their LIGHT will also show up, that's what you want.

Look for a lady selling Jugs of MUSCLE MILK LIGHT for $5.99. She updates frequently and it is in flavors. strawberry Milkshake is one of them that she carries, and it's good stuff. 195 CAL. 25G of Protein.

That's who I go threw.

Also look around, and compare prices.

Shirley.

hey guys, sorry it took me sooo long to get back to you all. i had jury duty for a couple of days, and I literally just got home from a meeting, sooooooooo it's been a very long, long day. thank you all so much for your honest answers. they are really, very helpful and i am feeling more and more confident with each answer that comes. really, i am. for instance, i haven't cried at all today, so that is a very big deal. :D

Hi Elizabeth! I live in manhattan and I work in midtown, thought i'm not originally from here...but June is my 10 year anniversary in the city so i will be able to officially call myself a new yorker.

I actually live in Staten Island but work in Manhattan, downtown.

I feel a NYC lapband luncheon coming on!!

I feel a NYC lapband luncheon coming on!!

yes, we should get a group of us together...of course we'll have to wait a couple of months until we can eat solid food. either that or meet up at a Protein shake bar. :D

yes, we should get a group of us together...of course we'll have to wait a couple of months until we can eat solid food. either that or meet up at a Protein shake bar. :D

Early summer!!! Sounds exciting.

I have some of the same fears. I crave chocolate and carbs and I do worry about the band taking away real hunger but me still dealing with the head hunger. I do think that its a good thing that I won't make it a habit of overdoing it and overeating because like Pavlov's dogs, I'll learn from consequences. I LOVE nyc. Trvael there once or twice a year and hopefully six months after this surgery I can go again and not be huffing and puffing around! :) Good luck to you!

The good point about chocolate, and carbs. ,,, is they are only a addiction. It will stop. You can shop around for a good Protein Drink that is chocolate, and still get your buzz. LOL I wouldn't invest in carnation Instant Breakfast as a Protein Drink.

It is a Breakfast substitute. You need a good Protein Shake.< /p>

notsosureyet, THANK YOU so much for these questions. I've been so anxious since I got my surgery date and feeling every single one of your concerns, wondering about the answers. I've read your post and all the encouraging replies and now feel so much better. I appreciate your post very much.

you are very welcome. in some ways i feel that emotionally i have been through the 12 stages of grief. i have cried, i have laughed, i have questioned, i have denied, i have worried, i have cried some more, i have been afraid, i have cried yet more. it's been a very tough few weeks and i'm not even banded yet. everyone here has been so kind to answer my questions and so patient with me. you are in a really good place if there are other questions you want to ask. there is someone who knows the answer :D

Hi! Just wanted to chime in. I was banded December 8th 2010. I just now (last Friday actually) am in the 'green zone' that surgeons want us to be in.

Someone in this thread mentioned head hunger. I'm soooooooooo happy now that the hunger, really hunger...physical hunger, is finally taken away with the last fill--I can concentrate on working on my head hunger. So I guess I want to say that when you get to that bridge, if you're anything like me, you'll be so happy that you're not ravenous and wanting to inhale a small SUV...that you'll actually be able to work on head hunger. And so far (I know...it's only Tuesday) it's sooooooooooo much easier to stick to the rules. smile.gif

hey guys, sorry it took me sooo long to get back to you all. i had jury duty for a couple of days, and I literally just got home from a meeting, sooooooooo it's been a very long, long day. thank you all so much for your honest answers. they are really, very helpful and i am feeling more and more confident with each answer that comes. really, i am. for instance, i haven't cried at all today, so that is a very big deal. :D

Hi Elizabeth! I live in manhattan and I work in midtown, thought i'm not originally from here...but June is my 10 year anniversary in the city so i will be able to officially call myself a new yorker.

By the way just letting you know that I am blaming you for having to call Jury Duty everyday this week lol jk jk!!!

Hope all is well!!!!