Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

don't read if your scared

I was banded today and I am in the worst pain of my life and I have had a c-section. The gas pain is so bad and now the incisions are throbbing. The liquid pain meds are not making a dent. I am in so much pain I can't slept or get comfortable. I am starting to think what have I done to myself. I have to go back to work in a week. I hope that I am better soon. :(

Get up and move. It helps dissipate the gas. Gas-X strips may help. Sipping Water may help. And know that postop gas pain is totally normal. Some feel it more than others. You'll feel better tomorrow, and even better the day after that. Hang in there!

Good Luck!

Dave

Just walk around, drink your water.. I felt pretty good by day 3.

I was banded Thursday and still have alot of gas in me. I've went thru alot of packets of gas-x it does help but not completely I have gas stuck in my shoulder and the pain is brutal. I feel a little better but still having alot of pain and hunger pains are a killer it does get better by day Hang in there

I was banded today and I am in the worst pain of my life and I have had a c-section. The gas pain is so bad and now the incisions are throbbing. The liquid pain meds are not making a dent. I am in so much pain I can't slept or get comfortable. I am starting to think what have I done to myself. I have to go back to work in a week. I hope that I am better soon. :(

tnt: You had surgery TODAY, of course you are in pain. I totally agree that the liquid pain meds are the pits. I took Darovcet pills instead. Nothing much helped the gas pain in my left shoulder. I didn't even know it was gas pain. I thought the doctors had laid me on my side too long during surgery. LOL Use the Gas-X and walk if you can, as suggested here. I hear it helps.

I assume from your post that you had the out-patient surgery so you are home instead of in a hospital bed being waited on hand and foot. Being in that much pain and at home without a doctor on hand must be scary as well. It gets better. Walking is a sure cure for moving the gas out of your body, so if you are not in too much pain, give it a go. It will get better. Ask your doc for a different pain med.

Take some extra strength Tylenol or something until you can speak to your doc's office. Whatever it takes to help with the incision pain, because you can't heal if you can't rest. Take care of yourself.

It WILL get better. In a few months you will look back at this post and not even remember the pain. :D

~Fran

I am in the process of getting banded and I noticed that you had a pre op diet weight? Did your surgeon require to lose a few pounds while you waited for the approval process?

I am asking because mine did and I haveing a little trouble trying to drop weight. Had a consult on the 4/4/11 and today 4/11/11 lost about 3 to 4 lbs...:(

Any suggestions :)

I was banded Thursday and still have alot of gas in me. I've went thru alot of packets of gas-x it does help but not completely I have gas stuck in my shoulder and the pain is brutal. I feel a little better but still having alot of pain and hunger pains are a killer it does get better by day Hang in there

If you lost 3-4 lb in one week that is great weight loss, you can really only expect to lOse 1-2 lb per week