Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanna share and see what you have to say to me.

Well this thread is an eye opener! (just banded) LOL

I seriously think you need to make an appointment with your bariatric surgeon for the best advice... AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... CALL TODAY... and don't lie to them about your snacking habits. Actutally, you should print out your post and take it to them. Why have you not spoken with them about this? If you have, and they are letting you live life the way that you are, then maybe a new doctor should be sought.

Someone mentioned a rehabilitation gym in an earlier post. That sounds like a SMART choice. Get moving. Lift some weights in your bed if you have to! It's better than nothing.

Why would you want to do this to yourself?

After reading all of these posts, I can't help but wonder if Nykee's issue isn't really about food much at all, but about her inability to follow "rules". She doesn't want to accept her responsibility in losing weight, and says she tries over and over again. But time and time again, it comes down to the apparent fact that she does not want to do the right thing and does not want to have to do what you must do in order to lose weight.

Pre-band, most of us know that feeling of being out of control when it comes to food. Those periods after losing weight only to start gaining again. We know how it feels and we know what we have to do to turn things around and yet we continue to be self-destructive and eat the wrong things and continue to gain. Only setting ourselves up for feeling like a failure and eroding our self-esteem.

So, yes I do believe her issues obviously go way beyond just food...that is her crutch. Nykee has to figure out the root cause of her inability to do the right thing. We can all give her the best advice in the world on how to live with the band, head hunger, right foods, exercise...but until she levels with herself and finds out why she won't follow rules, be responsible, and find the strength within her to make the change, I can't imagine she will be successful.

I really do not think this person is real. Nobody could really be like that. Somebody is having fun I think. It is too much for my brain to handle.

Cheri

I agree with you Cheri, this person cannot be real. Someone is bored, and having a good time seeing how many responses they can get. Then again, they could just be truly, straight up crazy. Either way, I am done.

I was banded in 05. That is 6 years. .. wow.

So I struggled the first year with getting the right fill...

Then I lost 100 pounds pretty fast. (I started at 420 pounds) My fill was nice and tight.

And now for like 4 years I been the same weight. Between 305 and 320.

In the 4 years I have lost many many inches and my body has changed alot. And people constantly tell me how good I am looking.

BUT THE FACT IS. I HAVE LOST NO WEIGHT.. NONE. !

I cant get another fill because mine is already really tight. Its very finiky too. It tightens up more during my period (swells up?) and during other times I cant figure out, but during those times I cant even take ONE SIP of Water. And sometimes I go two days without eating. SO IF I tighten my band, than during those swelling up times I would CHOKE on the SIP of water.. And then CHOKE for two days, and well I experienced that in year one, and although I feel like I can tolerate anything.. the body wont allow you to choke, it produces so much saliva that you cant just bear thru it. I had to have an emergency unfil in the ER cuz I let it go for two days and got dehydrated.. ANYWAY... I WOULD LOVE A FILL... BUT for that reason I CANT DO IT.

As for now. I bring up my food, almost daily. I take a bite, see if its 'OPEN".. if not, I have to bring the food up out of my esophagus.

ITs never PUKE because it never enters my stomach. THen I wait and try again later. Till I find the time where I can eat.

What I do is drink first. Then I eat. Cuz usually when I am not open, I am not open to anything, not even liquids.

ANd I DO CHEW.. completely.. and I DONT EVEN TRY to eat food that isnt soft. I gave all that up years ago. I HATE bringing food up and I HATE the stuck feeling. I TRY TO AVOID IT at all times. I never go out to eat. I cant eat in front of anyone.

So mostly if I am not stuck, i will chew food and spit it out. (I cant do this when not open, as you know even the juice will get stuck)

BUt If I am open, I will chew food like chicken and then feed it to my doggie. lol gross huh.

Anyway. When I am open I usually choose to just drink chocolate milk. As it is FILLING and SOOTHING and YUMMY.

The only real food that ever stays down in my stomach is refried Beans with melted cheese, tiny chopped onions, sour cream and tortilla chips, which I eat about 5 times a week. Im sick of trying to eat anything else. Just sick of it.

I also eat alot of chips and dip and Cookies when I am open. THIS IS WHY I AM STILL FAT.

So.. Obviously, in order for me to lose more weight. I need to STOP drinking the chocolate milk. STOP eating the Cookies and chips.

I know everything i can have instead. I know exactly what to do. JUST WONT DO IT. For 20 years I wouldn't do it, and still.. humm I WONT DO IT.

The 100 pounds i lost.. WAS ALL BAND.. It was the restriction. And it worked for exactly 100 pounds. I LOVE RESTRICTION. I DONT EVER force food down, I JUST accept it. Its the BEST THING ever. I LOVE IT>

BUT when I am not restricted, I eat what I want.

I WANT TO BE RESTRICTED. MORE. BUT That doesnt look at all possible.

Prednisone takes the swelling away, but thats a dangerous drug and I cant be on it daily. IF I COULD be, THAN I could get a fill.

Im just kinda upset.. that I have to have a finicky band, that isnt consistent.. cuz if it was. I would have it consistently tight and i would lose all the weight I need to lose.

In the beginning, I got a lot of flack for having a really tight band. But it works for me. My pouch is not stretched, It didnt slip or erode. That is cuz I dont force anything, I just accept it. IF I CANT EAT. I Cant eat.. I dont care.. YET, if I can, I do. And I cant stop myself.

I dunno what kind of advice I want... I have to lay off the junk food and the milk and juice.. PERIOD.

I KNOW I DO.

BUT WAH WAH BOO HOO>> I WANT THE BAND TO DO IT. !! (I have tried, I hope you know that is just a given, I have tried everything, know that!)

NOW.. I WANT A GASTRIC BYPASS... but, no one will do it cuz my band is intact... and its considered a success.

I cant self pay.

I KNOW it would work for me.. CUZ just like now, when i cant eat, I DONT EAT... And if my stomach was too small and it caused discomfort, I would NOT EAT.. just like I dont now, when my band is too tight. .. I would NOT FORCE IT, as I NEVER do now.. I WOULD NOT stretch the stomach as I HAVE NOT my pouch.

Something about being restricted physically works for my brain.. HOW DO I CONVINCE the Doctors of this, when I am BEGGING for a GASTRIC BYPASS!!!?!?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!

xoxo

I started not too far from where you did (365#). The hardest part for me was the emotional connection with food. It made me feel good to eat cookies & milk, chicken fingers, donuts, ice cream. It made me feel like I was doing the right thing, but still missing my emotional satisfaction when I ate right.

I still eat cookies and milk. Straight up real oreos, not even reduced fat. But I build what I need to fill that emotional-food need into my diet.

I am 6 months out from surgery, and lost 70# so far.

This may or may not work for you, but try it if you like.

If I'm feeling in the mood to dip some donuts into milk, or make some oreos soggy in a cup of milk, ice cream and the like, I will fit it into my calories for the day. I always binged at night, in bed, watching tv. Now, I don't eat alot of them because I can't, but I will do my shakes all day to keep my calories low, and save them for my splurge. I will do that once, maybe twice a week, and because I choose to do that and not completely cut out EVERYTHING. I will also make sure I do the little things that add up to make up for it. I park further away to walk, I take the stairs even though when I get to the top I'm still huffing and puffing, I dance the entire time I'm in the shower, anything to keep myself moving and burning calories.

Protein shakes are the key for me. I can't seem to keep this new diet 24/7, it's quite the adjustment, and I'm working on it. But it's baby steps, one day at a time. Today, I will eat right all day. Tomorrow, just might be the day I splurge. But I will make up for it in exercise and calories.

Plateaus suck, but we are responsible for what is happening to ourselves. The band is a shoulder to lean on. I learned that the hard way. I was stuck for 2 months at the same weight because I stopped the Protein. I couldn't stomach the taste of it anymore. But the only things that guarantee weight loss = calories in, exercise, protein & Water intake.

I know how rough it is to adjust completely to this new lifestyle, hell, I still haven't completely yet. Take some time and get your head together to tackle this, and go full steam ahead, and don't look back!!

Lots of luck to you!

Here's a link to a post on my surgeon's forum from someone who is contemplating a different WLS after band removal. She was also non-compliant.

http://www.thinnerti...-contemplation/

Without compliance, success doesn't follow in the long run.

I just read what you suggested Denise, hits the nail right on the head.

I really do not think this person is real. Nobody could really be like that. Somebody is having fun I think. It is too much for my brain to handle.

Cheri

It's too much for my brain as well. It's quite depressing and seems like reality tv.

It's probably David Thorne, author of "The Internet is a Playground" who picked a random picture of a lady and started this thread....

I saw an interview with him and he says he signs onto forums and engages in ridiculous conversations....!! He is hilarious though and this post probably wasn't funny enough to be him! Just sayin....LOL

Getting an "unfill" is a must!! I know for myself that there are different times in the day when I can eat more. The mornings for me are hard to get things down so i usually have a Protein shake and a whole lot of coffee (which isn't the best, but I have three little ones who wear me out)

If you get unfilled you will eat more, but think how much you could eat that is healthy and tasty! I don't know if you like seafood, but you could eat so much shrimp, fish, crab that would not match the amount of calories you are eating in bunches of Cookies and cups of milk.

there are so many ways to make chicken taste good, and veggies and fruits. They all fill you up quickly and you will see a loss. Your body needs those good foods. All the studies out now that show the life expectancy decline from eating junk and the ones that link alzheimers and other diseases to not eating well.

It is a struggle everyday.. believe me, I would rather eat a bag of cheetos then a salad but the reason we had this surgery is so that we can be more healthy and if you are not doing that, then you may as well just get rid of the band and eat what you want.

Good luck

~Andrea