Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lap band success stories?

so ive read many post in this forum and i havent found really any success stories?:blink: just alot of complaints about the band... i thought there was a rants and raves forum or lap band complications forum where dissapointing stories could be posted? if there is any lap banders out here that do have a success story i would love to hear about it. im getting banded in april so im looking for positive feed back! B)

check out the lap band success stories forum. There is where I go when I need a pick me up and reassurance that I'm about to do the right thing. Lots of good stories there. I hope you get some good comments cuz I like reading them .... helps me confirm my decision too. Getting banded April 18th

Keep looking! There is a thread of people who have lost 100+ lbs and many success story threads! My story is a mini success story....I was banded on 3/01/11. My doctor didn't require a liquid diet before and I was on liquids for 10 days after. I can eat anything except meat and bread (I just haven't been released to eat it yet!)

Even with my band empty (first fill is 3/30/11) I have noticed restriction, lots of help with Portion Control, and I am comfortably wearing jeans today that I wasn't able to get on in Feb before surgery! They are even a little big! I can't give you a number of pounds lost yet (I only weigh in once per month, next WI 3/30/11)

Good luck! According to me, it was worth it...and I was self pay!

;)there are absolutely success stories out there - people just come here more often when they need advice rather than "rubbing" their success in other people's faces (if you get what I mean!)

personally, I am only 12 kilo (which I think is around 25 pounds) from being normal weight range - I started with a BMI of 52!!!

keep reading - you'll find inspiration! :rolleyes:

a SUCESS STORY. doesnt always consist of someone who lost over a 100 lbs......there are people on here who have overcome SO MANY other issues beyond weight loss. keep an eye out you will see many stories that are hertwarming. !!!

Hello! I was banded on January 3, 2011 and I can't be happier. I have my good days and bad days. When I really want to be honest with myself, I really haven't done enough. That's usually the case. For example, I had surgery to remove two lumps from my right arm so I haven't exercised in two weeks. When I exercise I see the most results. When I don't the scale won't move 1 inch, lol. Anyway, I was feeling sorry for myself until I sat down and really thought about it. I haven't even done the housework. But tomorrow I can begin. I think the most important thing is keeping active or busy as some people like to say. People aren't happy unless you're up and about anyway. I say stay prayerful, optimistic and assertive. If you don't, yes, you are going to have bad and gloomy days. Remember, it's just a tool to help us stay on ourselves, because yes, most of us love to eat. I am one of them. But I realize when you eat because you love it, instead of eating to live better, that becomes a problem. I hope this helps.

Success is in the eye of the beholder. The meaning of success is different for everyone. Some may consider getting off meds. for diabetes or high blood pressure the ultimate success. Some may consider being able to run a 5K or having 6-pack abs the ultimate success. Some may consider dropping 50 pounds a success while others would only say they are a success if they reach a BMI of 20.

I consider myself a lapband success. I did not get banded to get healthy. If my overall health has improved, which I'm sure it has, it is just a nice bonus. I got banded to look better and feel better about myself emotionally. I dropped 100 pounds in the first year. I went from a size 24 to a size 10. I look better at a size 10 and I feel better about myself at a size 10. I no longer avoid social situations because of my morbid obesity. I consider this the easiest diet I've ever been on and have put in very little effort. I do consider the band to be 'magic'. Life is good. biggrin.gif

so ive read many post in this forum and i havent found really any success stories?:blink: just alot of complaints about the band... i thought there was a rants and raves forum or lap band complications forum where dissapointing stories could be posted? if there is any lap banders out here that do have a success story i would love to hear about it. im getting banded in april so im looking for positive feed back! B)

Hi I don't have a success story for you yet I get banded April 8th. I just wanted to say good luck with your surgery and keep us posted......with your success story. :D

Keep looking! There is a thread of people who have lost 100+ lbs and many success story threads! My story is a mini success story....I was banded on 3/01/11. My doctor didn't require a liquid diet before and I was on liquids for 10 days after. I can eat anything except meat and bread (I just haven't been released to eat it yet!)

Even with my band empty (first fill is 3/30/11) I have noticed restriction, lots of help with Portion Control, and I am comfortably wearing jeans today that I wasn't able to get on in Feb before surgery! They are even a little big! I can't give you a number of pounds lost yet (I only weigh in once per month, next WI 3/30/11)

Good luck! According to me, it was worth it...and I was self pay!

Thank you so much for your post. It definitely helped me a lot. Surgery scheduled for April 8th. My doctor did not require a liquid diet either but I am trying to ween myself off carbs some. It has not been easy but I dont want to do it cold turkey. It sounds like you are doing great and feeling great. How long were you out of work and how long was recovery? I love hearing you say it was worth it :) I am self pay too!

Success is in the eye of the beholder. The meaning of success is different for everyone. Some may consider getting off meds. for diabetes or high blood pressure the ultimate success. Some may consider being able to run a 5K or having 6-pack abs the ultimate success. Some may consider dropping 50 pounds a success while others would only say they are a success if they reach a BMI of 20.

I consider myself a lapband success. I did not get banded to get healthy. If my overall health has improved, which I'm sure it has, it is just a nice bonus. I got banded to look better and feel better about myself emotionally. I dropped 100 pounds in the first year. I went from a size 24 to a size 10. I look better at a size 10 and I feel better about myself at a size 10. I no longer avoid social situations because of my morbid obesity. I consider this the easiest diet I've ever been on and have put in very little effort. I do consider the band to be 'magic'. Life is good. biggrin.gif

Thanks for your post. I am so inspired. April 8th is my surgery day and I.. am.. so... ready!

I consider myself a mini success story for the fact that I'm on the right track and I love being banded ! I've lost a lot of weight already in a small amount of time but in that small amount of time I feel so much better and starting to get my life back! I've still have a lot more weight to go but I'm on the right track!

I consider myself a mini success story for the fact that I'm on the right track and I love being banded ! I've lost a lot of weight already in a small amount of time but in that small amount of time I feel so much better and starting to get my life back! I've still have a lot more weight to go but I'm on the right track!

108 pounds lost is not a mini success smile.gif That one goes in the huge success category!! You are doing great!

I post here all the time with few complaints! I've lost 126 lbs., half of my body weight from my highest weight presurgery. I'm off of blood pressure medication, my joints and especially my feet don't hurt anymore, I started running last summer and have completed a half marathon, with training for a full marathon starting in a week. I'm a size 2 to 6 depending on the clothing brand, and have never looked better in my life (including my younger skinny days). The band journey was very easy for me--started a bit slow at first, but once it got started, I never hit a plateau. And on top of all of that, me and my pics are featured on my doctor's website as a success story. :)

I'm a success story...just hit my 100 lbs weight loss! I have pictures up as well!

Good luck on your journey...below is my blog as well!

I'm a success story...just hit my 100 lbs weight loss! I have pictures up as well!

Good luck on your journey...below is my blog as well!

Just took a look at your progress pictures. You've done incredibly well!:waytogo: :welldone2: :drum: Drum roll please!