Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT PROTIEN DO YOU LIKE?

I'll be banded April 20th. Before I get to my 2 week liquid diet I want to slowly get int the habit. Which brand and flavor shakes tast the best? My doc gave me a list of slim fast, eas muscle milk. oh yeah, pure Protein, pure nutrition and Atkins advantage. Oh but I already read some where that silmfast has too many cards and sugar.

I'll be banded April 20th. Before I get to my 2 week liquid diet I want to slowly get int the habit. Which brand and flavor shakes tast the best? My doc gave me a list of slim fast, eas muscle milk. oh yeah, pure Protein, pure nutrition and Atkins advantage. Oh but I already read some where that silmfast has too many cards and sugar.

just had surgery last week and spent way too much money trying different ones. slimfast and muscle milk both have a ton of carbs. the pure Protein bottled drinks in vanilla are great but too expensive. i bought the powder but it doesn't dissolve in Water very well. Isopure is pretty good but my favorite out of all the ones i tried is EAS. it tastes good and it totally dissolves in Water with just a spoon, so no need to use a blender. i bought it at target. also, when you find one you like, i recommend buying it in both chocolate and vanilla because you sick of just one really fast.

Muscle Milk Light.. Even the Bariatric Center "HENRY FORDS" wants us on this stuff. So I buy mine on ebay.

Type in Muscle Milk and the Light will come on also. Look for a lady selling strawberry MILKSHAKE for $5.99

You can't beat that price ! Especially for the Light.

It's good especially if you like strawberry, and I do.

You can blend it, and add a couple of fresh strawberries to it, some Kiwi too, or banana. It gives it a different taste

Good Luck on your research.

Shirley.

I like the Oh Yeah brand of the ready-to-drink shakes. the bottle I had was 14 ounces and 220 calories. WHich I figure isn't too bad because I'm only supposed to drink 8 ounces at a time, so it is a little over 110 calories per serving. I'd rather have something a little higher in calorie/carb if I can get it down. If I have something that tastes like crap, I'm not going to drink it so what is the use. I tried the Pure Protein and just couldn't do it...I still have 3 bottles in the fridge. The Oh Yeah Cookies and cream and the chocolate milkshake flavor went down easy....almost too easy :tongue:

I bought a few samples from Vitalady. They are $1.99 per sample and it was worth it to me to give them test runs. I like the "Dessert" line if I have to do a powder mix. I have also heard that if you mix SF pudding mix that it makes them more yummy.

Oh, I get banded on 4/18, so I'm doing testing too.....good luck to you.

I am getting banded April 4th and I am doing the same thing. I am trying out a few Protein Shakes to see which ones I like. So far my favorite has been powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Slendor. I ordered a variety pack from them. The Vanilla was ok and I haven't tried the strawberry yet. So far I am just mixing mine with the lowest calorie/sugar fat free milk I can find. I haven't tried it with Water yet. For a change of pace I have tried the Jay Robb whey Protein Powder in Dreamsicle. Actually my husband wanted to try it! He found a fairly low cal/low sugar juice to mix it with and it is outstanding. Not something I would drink everyday just because the calories and sugar are higher than I want, but for a treat (as far Protein Shakes go) it is really really good, But so far I think I may just order from Unjury as the chocolate Slendor was great and I am hoping the strawberry will be just as good. The starter pack I bought also came with a chicken noodle Soup and an unflavored Protein Powder. I have not tried either of those yet. Anyway just what I have discovered so far.

I prefer Unjury, it has a great flavor. I like the chocolate classic but they also have Chocolate Splendor, Vanilla, Strawberry Sorbet, Chicken Soup and Unflavored. The strawberry Sorbet is good mixed with crystal light lemonade. The Vanilla is good mixed with coffee. The Chocolate I typically mix with 1T Peanut Butter, half bannana and 8oz skim milk. It is also good just mixed with skim milk . The shipping is super fast too.

I have been banded since 10/31/2006. We were put on Muscle Milk back then. Then,,,, I found Muscle Milk Light on ebay. Doc said to his dietitian "HOW COME I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS STUFF? Dietitian said I DON'T KNOW???? SHIRLEY FOUND IT. WELL ORDER ME SOME ! ! " FROM THAT POINT ON EVEN THERE BY PASS PATIENTS DRINK IT.

It is made with Water, so no Milk is needed. 195 calories to a 8oz glass, 25G Protein.< /p>

My favorite flavors are: Cookies N CREME, strawberry MILKSHAKE, Peanut Butter & chocolate, chocolate MILK, VANILLA CREME.

But they do have more like Mocha Joe if you like coffee. I don't drink coffee, , so,,, I can't comment on the taste.

Find a supplier on ebay where you see numerous Jugs of Muscle Milk, and you can click on them to see the flavors

Hope this helps, Shirley.

I use the BE Pure Isolate Protein powder unflavored from Bariatric Eating. (they also have alot of other flavors.) I mix it with everything. During my clear liquid phase i would not have made it through without adding Protein to my broth. I did not like the Protein drinks or other protein powders i tried. Now that i can eat regular food, every morning i mix a scoop of protein powder with milk and little sweetner and a dash of vanilla and drink it on the way to work. boost my protein first thing in the morning.

Everyone has their own favorite protein they like to use. Good luck finding your favorite! :D

I like Isopure from GNC (not the fruit flavors). It is lactose free and has no carbs. Very good IMHO.

When I was doing Slim 4 Life, they had these really good Protein drinks and other things like Soups, that were good and had lots of Protein and low carbs.

They are by Nashua Nutrition. They 60 calories, 1 carb, 12 grams of protein and 0 fat. They are really good and taste kinda like crystal lite.

I havent started the diet yet, but I intend to ask my doctor if these are ok for protein. Just because I know that I like them. Good luck.

I nearly gagged on Muscle Milk light. And I thought there was a metallic aftertaste to the EAS shakes.

I like the Adkins Advantage and Pure Protein shakes. The Premier shakes at costco are also good.

I also like the Syntrax nectar powders for drinks and/or shakes (depending on the flavor you get).

It's all gross, but I liked Myoplex Lite premixed. the best all flavors. The premixed ones are far less disgusting than the powders.< /p>

Don't worry too much about calories and carbs during the liquid phase.. since that's all you are having. If you keep them when you get back on solids, then pay attention.

I was really being picky with my Protein Shakes but thankfully I found one I liked. The best 2 are Pure Protein from Cosco chocolate and my absolute favorite so far is Body Fortress whey Protein choclate Peanut Butter from Walmart. My surgeon wanted us to have at least 20G of protein and less than 8 grams of carbs so they both fit right into that for me.