Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who ate the cookie from the cookie jar???

I did!

Yikes! It's time for a little confession. I bought junk food last night by myself so that I could eat it - by myself.

Geez - I know why - because I wanted to. I had these thoughts come to mind that because I am in a maintanence mode I could afford some of these things.

Well, today I've been sleepy and lazy and started thinking about junk again.

These are behaviors of my life before being banded. It just seems all to easy to slip back into that.

No! I can't do that - this is another, and probablly won't be the last, reminder that candies, Cookies, ice cream, and other said processed junk doesn't have a place in my life - even in moderation. It's a deadly drug to me and I mean fatal.

thanks for allowing me to be honest!

God Bless,

Rebecca

Thanks for posting. It's great to know that I am not the only one who fights the junk food demons on a daily basis. I do allow myself some treats, but now that I'm trying to maintain, it's harder to know where the line is. I just said to my husband this afternoon that our family has been eating too much junk and we need to stop. I haven't gained any weight (yet!), but I know the way this goes and I am not gaining any of this weight back!!

This lapband journey has been amazing, but I always have something new to learn. Maintanence is my latest struggle, too. We will win, we have to.

Cindy

Yikes! I've been doing okay (surgery was about 6 weeks ago) and losing, but today I just feel miserable. I got to bed late Friday night (had the extended family over to say goodbye to my son who is moving across the country on Monday) and last night I got no sleep because my arthritis woke me up in pain so bad I was crying. So all day today I'm tired and achy and miserable. So, what did I do the minute my husband left to help my son load his furniture into the moving truck? I grabbed a bag of M&Ms and ate it. And I have to go see my doc on Tuesday! I'm going to absolutely hate getting on that scale now.

We all slip up from time to time, and if you're working on your master's thesis I know of what you speak. It was about 2-3 months before I finished that I was so frustrated and overwhelmed that I nearly quit. During that last semester I thought I was going to lose my mind. I was hating life: the thesis work, my job, my husband, my kids, my house, my car, my wardrobe, my hair, my cats, me....EVERYTHING! All I can tell you is that this too will pass. You will be so relieved when it's all over. And then about a couple of months later you will be bored out of your gourd.

Yes, already passing! I have to share these things because my old behavior was to hide it and then it got out of control!

So thanks for listening and responding!

Rebecca

I too struggle with cravings for junk food. I am also in maintainance mode. I have allowed myself to eat things I totally stayed away from while loosing. Things I told myself I would never eat again. I currently am working hard on loosing a few pounds that I gained. 2 more to go. I have been weighing myself every day and basing what I eat, or don't eat, on that number. So one day I eat very well, and on another eat something fried or full of carbs or dessert. One good thing is even if I cheat I don't give myself license to "eat bad" the rest of the day. I know it would be healthier to eat more consistantly. I am struggling with cravings. I didn't give into them when I was loosing, but now I am. Anyway, glad to know others are in the same boat. I guess I just have to resign myself that my weight will be a life long issue. It felt good to get my thoughts out on this post, thanks for reading.

peprmentpati, I guess the only advice I have is to tell youself you can hav "treats" as long as you don't buy them. By that I mean if you're at a party and there are Cookies or crackers AFTER you've had your Protein you can use some of your veggie pouch space to have a cookie instead. Also, on the occational weekend I go to costco and cruise the samples. It gives me the chance to have one cracker or half a mini queche (they don't give a very big sample so it's built in portioning).

I had long given up my triger food and after banding I had some slip ups. I no longer buy or eat Cereal by the bowl. Well after banding I read some people add 1/8 cup of Cereal to their cereal. I bought Bare Naked Granola (thinking it was healthy). Well it is if you don't eat it by the hand full, which I was doing. So I had to move to Kashi which I don't find as appetizing.