Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been zapped! Laser Weight Loss

I bought my hubby "Stop Smoking" treatment from Laser Concepts. His best friend got a gift certificate for Christmas, so I figured I'd let them try together.

The center also does laser weightloss. I kicked back in the recliner and let them laser my ears and toes. At this point, the only thing I have to lose is weight. They told me to diet and exercise, ha ha, imagine that? I told them if I lose any weight I certainly won't attribute it to the lasers. But the treatment is supposed to help with energy and cravings, so I went for it.

Anyone familiar with this?

Nope never hear of it. How's it working for you so far?

I did do hypnosis once... left the place and went to burger king for a whopper ROFL !!!

Here in Arkansas they are doing ear stapling to lose weight. It's supposed to hit a nerve that controls hunger. It works if they hit the nerve. Kind of an accupressure thing.

We had one of those places here, but to be honest, I think it went out of business. I went for my "free" consultation, but I declined, tapes, I don't think so.

"Do you have a lot of money you don't need, or something?"

Now THAT is funny! We don't have kids, so we enjoy tossing the stuff around!

The process is the same as acupressure, which has been around for ever. The only reason I tried it was to support my poor husband, who has been smoking since before birth (his Mom smoked while nursing.) It's sad watching him try to quit. Our friend, CJ, got a gift certificate for Laser Concepts and is going to try to quit. Since they are smoking buddies, I asked Chris if he wanted to try with CJ. Since Chris is like a child, if CJ gets laser, he HAS to have laser. At this point, I'll try anything for him. His mom died a few years ago from smoking (emphasema.) Mine was only $30, so I let them put pressure on me hoping it would ease Chris's nerves.

I would never have done it if it weren't for these poor guys who need all the help the can get. Plus, I figure anything that might supress hunger can't hurt.

I don't know if it's working, but I'm below my 1200 calories today!

pretty intresting.... I would always be scared to try things like that... I was just the diet type of girl... come to think of it I need to get on one again!

I forgot to answer you, Nana. I'll see if they have a site. All I know so far is that the several people in the lobby were all smoke free for over a month, and one man brought his 4th family member in for treatment because it worked for the 3 others. I'll keep you guys posted.

My sister in law has a place in Stewart Florida that does that. Her and her husband went for smoking a few years ago and had such great success that they opened a place. I will get the name of it and the website address and let you all know. I wish I lived closer to her. I know that she has some WLS patients.

My mom went to a place in Canada for laser treatments to quit smoking. It didn't work for her, but it was obvious from the get-go that she was in no way ready to quit. She and her friend were puffing away in the parking lot afterwards.

My mom did quit with hypnosis for a year and a half (this was a while ago). Good luck to your DH - you never know what will work, you just have to keep trying. :)

Hey, if it works, cool! But if it DOES work, rest assured YOU'RE the one doing all the work. If you're suggestible this sort of thing can absolutely work.

Tell Chris that stopping smoking will change his life in ways he can't even begin to imagine. It's time, boy!! :)

Alex, (laughing) The technician told me not to weigh for a week, but instead wear the same pants and see if they fit better. I laughed at him and told him straight up, "Listen Pal, if I lose any weight, I'm certainly not giving credit to your lasers!" I only tried it hoping it might reduce appetite and for cravings. Last night I didn't crave anything but that's because Chris hadn't smoked all afternoon and was holding me hostage in the bedroom trying to kill me. Today we let the monster sleep. I'm considering drugging him. Poor guy. They gave him a 2 page list of cigarette ingredients. He was really pissed at the list and tossed it grumbling, "Everyting from rat poison to dog tranquilizers in f-ing cigs, trying to kill me."

CJ has called several times bugging us to see how it works. I keep telling him to stop bugging us before he drives Chris over the edge and just go spend his gift certificate already. He's the one that started this, but he's such a heavy smoker that the thought of quitting scared he heck out of him.

I hate smoke. I have no idea why it's even legal. Can't smoke pot, snort coke, shoot up heroine, but people drop dead from cigs every minute, and that's just fine. This is why I hate politics.

NSV ALERT - I'M ON MY PUTER WITH MY LEGS CROSSED! CROSSED I SAY!