Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Anyone got any answers?

Not lost any weight, not felt any restriction, even after the first fill, can drink as much Water as quicly as I like,can eat all the foods your allowed without any restriction? Don't feel full, and totally perplexed?? Should I go and do the cambridge or the lighterlife diet? As this has been [appears to have been] a total waste of time and money?

And its raining!!!!!!!!!!!

The band won't work unless you work it; simple. You're the operator here, not the other way around.

How many fills have you had? How much is in your band? It is rare that you feel restriction after one fill, so you may need another, if not a few more to feel proper restriction. Until then it's up to you to eat right, exercise, and do what you need to get the scale moving.

Sure you can eat all you want and whatever you want, but should you? No. The purpose of the band is to help control your portions, at proper restriction, but at the same time the band counts on you to eat properly. Focus on drinking your Water and your Protein intake.

I did not get any restriction until 10 CC's, so 6 months. I know it's not what you want to here; but it's what I experienced. Even after restriction the band will let you eat anything, esp. foods that "Slide" right threw: candy, ice cream, Cookies. You have to choose healthy low cal/fat foods. Even preband I had been on a diet for 8 months. I was choosing healthy foods but I was still eating to much of them.

I don't have a lot of restriction, but I don't count on that to stop me. What I also don't have is hunger. I think my surgeon did an excellent job of placing my band on my nerve because I am honestly never hungry and have to remind myself to eat. Then if I eat too much, I begin to feel uncomfortable. The band is a tool - you have to learn how to use it.

THIS is your first post? The time to ask questions about the Band or ANY major surgery, is before you have the proceedure. Having said that, If you will share a few more details, we'd love to try to help.

HONK your post was very encouraging .. I am still around 8cc's and besides getting stuck I feel very little restriction.. guess I'm just a "late bloomer"

Hi Anyone got any answers?

Not lost any weight, not felt any restriction, even after the first fill, can drink as much Water as quicly as I like,can eat all the foods your allowed without any restriction? Don't feel full, and totally perplexed?? Should I go and do the cambridge or the lighterlife diet? As this has been [appears to have been] a total waste of time and money?

And its raining!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you. I was banded 11-8-10 lost 15lbs first week then I was stuck till now. had 2 fills and the last one was last thursday 8cc and still i can eat and drink. WTF is wrong. Im so down. Im trying to eat healty and hit the gym everyday but nothing. I think i should have get the gastric sleeve. Looks like everyone is loosing except us!!!

It often takes several fills to reach your sweet spot and make a big difference in how you eat--for me it was five or six fills, which took about six months to reach, in which time I only lost 20-25 pounds. Once I reached that sweet spot, I went on to lose 100 more pounds pretty easily. Just be patient and try to be positive while you're working your way up to your optimal fill level--no need to be depressed for what is actually pretty normal!

It often takes several fills to reach your sweet spot and make a big difference in how you eat--for me it was five or six fills, which took about six months to reach, in which time I only lost 20-25 pounds. Once I reached that sweet spot, I went on to lose 100 more pounds pretty easily. Just be patient and try to be positive while you're working your way up to your optimal fill level--no need to be depressed for what is actually pretty normal!

wow good to hear that. well i hope mines come really soon.

Im in that Zone now. Was banded 9/16/2011. I have had 4 fills. Im still not at restriction and cant eat alot still. I do however get stuck with bread, crackers etc and the band gets tight sometimes. So I know Im near the sweet spot. Im at 7cc in a 14cc allergan band. Hoping next fill will do the trick. But others are right, you have to stop yourself sometimes. And also depending on how long ago you got your band, I would kick up exercise a notch to break through plateau

Yea it's like 75% what you eat and your habits, 25% the band keeping you from being hungry.

I'm never hungry, but that doesn't mean I don't want to eat, it's a struggle everyday, with my mind. For me, this is normal! I don't want to band to make me sick, I don't want to be deprived of food. This is my life, it's not a quick fix diet.

I did not get any restriction until 10 CC's, so 6 months. I know it's not what you want to here; but it's what I experienced. Even after restriction the band will let you eat anything, esp. foods that "Slide" right threw: candy, ice cream, Cookies. You have to choose healthy low cal/fat foods.

^^This^^

Are you counting your calories? Even though I am banded with a 4cc band "yep that's old" I still keep a diary and try not to eat over 1200 calories.

I give myself a window just in case we should go to a restaurant, and you really don't know the calories.

So I try to stay between 900 - 1200 calories. If I go over ten at that restaurant, I won't kick myself for it.

Go to calorie counter.com and look for calorie king. They are the most accurate I think. Just type in what you had to eat "weigh your stuff, and measure like 1/4 cup"

It will tell you your calories, and keep track of your Protein also so you don't go over, because then that can cause weight gain also. Good Luck.

Shirley

Banded 10/31/2006

Henry Ford Hospital

After my surgery I lost steadily for several weeks, then as I was allowed more "normal" food, my weight loss slowed, until it finally just stopped. I was plateaued for several weeks. I finally sorted through what I was eating, how much exercise I was getting, and what I wasn't doing, then reached a balance for my system. I learned that increasing my nutrition a bit, exercising a few minutes more, and raising my calories just a litte put me over the edge, and the scale started moving again.

This isn't rocket science, but it isn't a walk in the park, either. The more proactive you are in what is happening in your body, the better off you'll be.

Good luck!

Dave

Hang in there - that's why they call it bandster hell --- until you get to your sweet spot you will be getting hungry between meals and it is a really trying place to be. It definately sounds like you need another fill --- and be sure to make sure you are getting plenty of Protein in your diet....talk to your doctor/nurse and get input from them in regards to what you are eating, etc....that's why they are there, to help us out on this journey.

Hang in there - be faithful to the band and it will work for you! We're here to help you in any way we can, too!

Kim