Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh My Goodness...I got the job on the Cruise

i also tried clicking on your verses but it went to ticker site i would really love to read your work please tell us how

Thanks everyone - it is a dream for me. I have literally been scheming this one for about two years.

Sept. 04 - DH and I went to Wesern Carribean on a cruise and I met the comedian who performed the first night the next morning when Don & I got up to see the sunrise.

Being me - I just had to go talk to him and then I went down to my cabin and got him some of my work and showed him and then proceeded to pump him for the "how do you do this" info I wanted.

The same cruise I met a lady in the Hot Tub who happened to tell me that she was the enrichment speaker that day. Of course I asked her a bunch of questions but she really didn't give me anything concrete.

I left that cruise and went home and sent out proposals and query letters to a Royal Carribean representative and after a couple of letters back and forth - that lead didn't go anywhere.

Time went by and it is Sept. 2005 and DH and I are on an unplanned - impromptu cruise in the Western Carribean again and we are in the hot tub soaking up the bubbles on a particularly choppy day cause of Hurrican Katrina off in the distance. An older Gentleman joined us in the hot tub and just started to talk to DH and I about all kinds of stuff - one of which was that he was working for the cruise line and cruising literally (almost free) doing hardly nothing. I of course had to ask questions and he told me everything and then told me to call him when we all went back to our rooms to get ready for dinner so that he could give me the agency name, address, and owners name, etc. so that I could apply for the things I had in mind that I wanted to do as an enrichment speaker on a cruise.

I came home and sent off my application and waited. Nothing. I sent off a little reminder email. Nothing.

Then the first week of Jan. on Tuesday I was back in my studio office working and I decided to send the Agency a little tickler letter to see if I could get them to respond. I figured it was the first week of the month (particularly in business this week is notorius for doing absolutely nothing) so I figured it would be now or never to get a response.

It worked - the fish took the bait and now I am planning cruises with DH and we are going to be in Hawaii next December for three weeks while I do my seminars.

In August - 1st of September - I am planning a trip (working) with my dear friend and sister in law and we are going to go to New York and Bermuda for a week. (We are soooo excited)

Then the agent told me next year (2007) I would have a better selection of dates and itineraries to choose from. We can't wait.

So all I can say - is don't give up on your dreams. And by the way - this isn't my main dream - that dream is still out there and I feel that this doorway is going to be very responsible for me finding the doorway of the next step leading to my real dream. And that is to become a famous poetry artist and sell my commissioned poetry art all over the world. I envision doing this through cruise ships. That is my dream. And I think I am going to see it.

I am very awed by that thought - but I think now - I am getting close.

My seminars are varied and some of the titles are

Goddess, Angel, Loving Soul....

Wouldn't you choose......Happy?

Sketching for fun

Soul Quests....Searching for Joy

It would be great to do a lap band cruise sometime - maybe our resident arrangers could figure that out. And I would do a special seminar for the Ladies.

As far as the poems - I will try to put up a thread and post some for you to review. I don't really put them on a web site as I am very gaurded with my work and usually only publish in magazines, books or do exclusive exhibits of my Poetry Art Walls.

But I will share them with you on a seperate thread.

If anyone wants to email me you can at visualpoetryart@aol.com for any info on my poetry - my artwork - etc.

Thanks for the encouraging words and support.

Best of all - Losing the weight will truly help my self esteem when I am taking charge of this endeavor. That's my NSV for the YEAR!!!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches