Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will the weight come off?

donnalemaster
Sign in to follow this  

I have a 12cc band on and currently have 9cc's in it. BTW- I'm a FEMALE!!!!!! This is really alot of Fluid from what I've been told! I ride a stationary bike for 30 mins 3x per week, my food intake is certainly less, but here I am almost a year post-op having lost a mere 15#. AND I seem to like to gain 5, lose 5, gain 5 lose 5.

I am feeling like this just isn't working for me. Does anyone have any thoughts on why I haven't lost hardly anything? I am due for another adjustment in about 2 weeks and I would assume I'll be up to 10cc's full by then :(

Are you dieting? 1000-1200 calories, 64 ounces of Water, 60g of protein.. and I would step up the gym, 5 days a week 45min-1hour. The band won't help if you aren't doing those things. I haven't had mine as long as you, but I'd go back to basics and remember what you were supposed to do when you started.

You are doing too much cardio or eating too little. Exercise less or eat more(yes I know it is counterintuitive). And I lose 5 lbs after I take a dump in the morning, that means nothing.

I have a 12cc band on and currently have 9cc's in it. BTW- I'm a FEMALE!!!!!! This is really alot of Fluid from what I've been told! I ride a stationary bike for 30 mins 3x per week, my food intake is certainly less, but here I am almost a year post-op having lost a mere 15#. AND I seem to like to gain 5, lose 5, gain 5 lose 5.

I am feeling like this just isn't working for me. Does anyone have any thoughts on why I haven't lost hardly anything? I am due for another adjustment in about 2 weeks and I would assume I'll be up to 10cc's full by then :(

What are you eating - give us an example of your daily food ... How is your restriction do you have any

Shaddix might have something. I have been working my butt off at the gym 5 days a week 1 hr/day and had been plateaued for 8 weeks. I hurt my ankle last week falling on the ice and didn't go to the gym and lost 3# in a week. weird, right???? Who knows!

I have started monitoring my intake in fitday.com and upped my workouts to 30 minutes 5x a week. Just this week I have lost 5 pounds but more importantly I've had TONS of energy and my clothes are getting extremely lose so something is definitely happening.

Bfast:

2 HUGE cups of coffee w/ splenda and 1/4 cup 1% per cup

1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1TB butter and 1/4 c evaporated milk

Lunch:

Usually salad w/ chicken added, homemade oil/vinegar dressing

OR

98% fate free turkey and swiss on rye with a TB mayo

Dinner:

Because I eat with my family, this varies nightly but my calorie intake has been between 800-1300 daily. My baseline is 1800 so -700 from that and I should be averaging 1100 daily.

My Protein is supposed to be 90g p.d. per my nutritionist

I was banded in May 2010 and have lost only about 25# so far. I am very frustrated also. I work on my treadmill for 60-90 min almost every day and I don't really ever feel any restriction so I'm thinking I am not eating too much.

Breakfast usually consists of a scrambled egg with a piece of toast and coffee with splenda or a slim fast shake.

lunch is either a Slim Fast or a child portion of thin crust pizza, a sandwich or some kind of Soup or piece of meat from dinner the night before.

dinner varies a great deal but it is always a small portion (I serve myself the same as I serve for my 6 year old who is a very small eater.)

Over all I really do not feel that I am doing anything wrong, but then again I must be as I am not getting the wonderful results most people do.

Sorry to hear that some of you aren't experiencing rapid results... I guess its different for us all... I don't know if this can be helpful, but I'll share what has been working for me.

I was banded on September 16th 2010 and I have lost 95 lbs so far.

Initially I was doing 30 mins of cardio per day (bike, treadmill, elliptical in rotation) and 50 push ups and 100 sit ups in the morning and evening every day. My doc made me stop the cardio because I was losing weight too fast. So I only do the sit ups and push ups.

I take 20Gs of Protein (70 cals) via a Protein shake, a chewable multi Vitamin, a Calcium supplement and fibre supplement with a Fibre1 bar (140 cals) and a 35 calorie yogout every morning for bfast.

Then I drink 500-750 mls of Water through the morning.

lunch I have fish or chicken with a little vegs. I try to aim for 400 cals MAX at lunch.

Then I drink another 500-750 mls of Water through the afternoon

dinner I have fish, chicken or beef with vegetables and maybe some whole grain Pasta. I try to aim for 500 cals MAX at dinner.

Then I have an orange or some other fruit for a snack with some fibre1 Cereal (dry) for about 150-200 cals MAX.

This has been working really well for me... If I notice that the weight loss slows a little, I'll cheat and do some cardio for two or three days and it'll start moving again.

I think people are right when they say that the activity is key when the loss slows down. You have to ratchet it up a little to get things moving again.

I've recently started playing sports again and generally it is way easier to be active. Its like you get into a groove and it all goes together.

I don't know if any of this will be useful but I hope so. GOOD LUCK and I hope the weight starts to move for you all....

AS

UPDATE:

Per my Doctor it isn't me, my activity or my diet. . .it's the fact that my port is leaking. Sooooooooo. . . . . . .waiting for my insurance approval to have it replaced and I'll be back on the right road.