Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So disappointed in myself

The last couple of weeks I have not been able to get on track.. I am feeling like a failure ..I can not believe i have come this far to fail. I am just praying for strength to get this right. I hate trying to figure out what I can eat. I need a GYM membership but hate to commit to a contract. I am going to push myself harder than ever before ..Liquid diet one week and walk 4 times a week for the next 2 weeks. I have to forgive and move forward.

The last couple of weeks I have not been able to get on track.. I am feeling like a failure ..I can not believe i have come this far to fail. I am just praying for strength to get this right. I hate trying to figure out what I can eat. I need a GYM membership but hate to commit to a contract. I am going to push myself harder than ever before ..Liquid diet one week and walk 4 times a week for the next 2 weeks. I have to forgive and move forward.

I feel you completely. This process in not easy. And after years of overeating, a simple surgery is not going to fix it over night. I would say don't go on a liquid diet but rather eat better foods. I have found myself failing when i set crazy goals. try to find something to do to replace your urges when you get them to eat the wrong foods. instead of eating the piece of pizza, go for a drive or something. get away from the food. and keep minimal food in your frige. the less food you have, the less tempation is it to over eat

I think you should be able to find a gym that will let you join month to month. The other question is whether they will charge a "program fee" or some such rot. Basically a special charge just to start using the gym (which I think are obscene).

Look for a gym that's not part of a huge chain. I go to one that is locally owned and I was able to pay by the day, week, month or 3 months.. whatever I wanted. I did weekly for a while because that was actually a better deal than daily. :)

I agree not to do a liquid diet. That's setting yourself up for failure. You're just starting to get fills, so you're not yet near where you need to be on that level, so give yourself a little leeway on that.

As for planning food, I know I'm terrible as well. Especially in the early stages like you are now, Try your best to do shopping once a wk with a planned meal for each day. I make sure I have eggs (I usually eat two for lunch), some Protein bars (I eat one a day), and some fish/chicken and vegies. I also have canned tuna & chicken at all times in the cupboard. Because if nothing else appeals to me, I have that to fall back on.

As for the gym, check your local YMCA or smaller gyms. Most of them have small start up fees if at all, and let you do month to month.

You are the exact reason I joined a site like this. I needed to know there were other people feeling the same way I am. I too can't believe I've come all this way, done all of this work and still feel like I have failed over the past 2 months. However, I took a different mind set starting yesterday. Like you, I'm going to push myself, I'm going to eat correctly and workout.

I don't see myself doing the liquid diet, I have a really hard time forcing myself to resist foods and find that the aftermath of me doing that usually ends up in poor eating decisions. Also, you don't need a gym to work out. Do a work out tape, we have a Wii so it's fun and a workout at the same time. Get resistance bands, my friend is a trainer and she prefers using those with her female clients over free weights. (Also, once I get back to a full workout, she said she can create an entire routine outside of the gym so I don't have to pay for a membership anymore.) I'm sure you can research a workout that doesn't require any gym time.

Thank you for posting. You can do it, you've gone this far, you know you have the strength to!

It's a learning process. The band takes away the hunger but it does not change our old bad habits. I struggle daily with wanting to eat just to eat. I'm not hungry any more, but I'm so used to eating constantly (due to the constant hunger prior to the band) that I feel a little 'lost' when I'm not eating. In some ways I feel like I've lost my best companion and it's a daily struggle to change these old habits. Some days are better than others.

Keep working at it. Don't give up. If you fall, pick yourself right back up and begin again. Don't wait for 'tomorrow'.

all of you are doing alot better than myself I got surgery on monday and today thursday i dread another Protein Shake or clear soup! I'm having an emotional breakdown I just want soft mushy food, healthy food not even craving junk or bad stuff I wish I could have a freaking scrambled egg and I stuck on this liquid diet for 2 more weeks I don't know what to do.. Next time you are feeling like you are failing remind yourself you are not its a slow process alot of people just post their good moments not the bad in between the good ones keep your chin up Girl you Got this!! ( and hopefully I do too lol)

Instead of a gym membership, do you have room at your place for one good piece of equipment that you love? I love the treadmill & elliptical. Now i had a treadmill for a while, but was really looking forward to an elliptical so i went to Dicks, opened a charge & as a promotion i was able to buy one at no interest for a year. It ended up being about $120 a month. Certainly beats a gym membership as it will always be mine & i can use it anytime i please without waiting. As for the diets, they are tough. As for the diet portion, if you are that far off track, perhaps set some mini goals to get back on. Maybe it's giving up one food that you've been eating that you know you shouldn't by replacing it with a healthy one. Then add another one & so forth.

Best of luck with getting back into the routine.

Just walk every day. Anything is better than nothing. You can get fit by walking and it only costs the price of a pair of decent sneakers. Don't let worrying about a gym membership distract you from your goals.