Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi -so I was banded yesterday and the doctor had to fix a hernia while doing the surgery. After swallowing the barium I was told the band was a little tight and that I should stick to Clear Liquids until Saturday. Yesterday I only had 2 popsicles and a bottle of Vitamin Water. Should I be concerned that i will get dehydrated? Does anyone know whts the minimum Fluid intake should be to prevent this? Also, still a little sore in the mid section when I move or cough I am assuming that is normal.

Girl you need to drink more than that. chicken broth will retain your fluids. You need at leas 64 oz of Fluid per day and thats on a normal person. You need to drink drink drink just drink clear liquids.< /p>

Girl you need to drink more than that. chicken broth will retain your fluids. You need at leas 64 oz of Fluid per day and thats on a normal person. You need to drink drink drink just drink clear liquids.

Girl you need to drink more than that. chicken broth will retain your fluids. You need at leas 64 oz of Fluid per day and thats on a normal person. You need to drink drink drink just drink clear liquids.

Fluffytofabulous is completely right. My surgeon and dietician stated the first four days post op "if you are awake you need to be sipping, and not through a straw". They stated no LESS than 1 oz every 15 minutes = no LESS than 60 oz of Fluid a day if you sleep 9 hours out of 24. Also, i have to put Protein powder in everything so i dont get as weak as a kitten. My clear liquids include all broths such as chicken, beef, miso, and french onion.

Hi I had my surgery yesterday too and I was told I was suppose to drink 3 oz an hour and every ounce should take 20 minutes to drink.

I am also very sore in my mid section too, I try not to cough cuz it hurts so bad but I know I have too, I also have a hard time moving around when Im laying down or trying to get up. It also hurts when Im in the car and we go over bumpy roads.

Do you still feel like ur full of gas? I been walking around and drinking my fluids to burp and also taking Gas X strips but I still feel like I have a big air bubble inside of me.

I was on clear liquids for 7 days. I would keep Water near by and drink as much of it as you can.

For trips in the car put a sofa pillow between you and the seatbelt.

Hi I had my surgery yesterday too and I was told I was suppose to drink 3 oz an hour and every ounce should take 20 minutes to drink.

I am also very sore in my mid section too, I try not to cough cuz it hurts so bad but I know I have too, I also have a hard time moving around when Im laying down or trying to get up. It also hurts when Im in the car and we go over bumpy roads.

Do you still feel like ur full of gas? I been walking around and drinking my fluids to burp and also taking Gas X strips but I still feel like I have a big air bubble inside of me.

Yes I am stil gassy and still hurts when I breathe or move a certain way. I really just cant wait to feel better. Also a little stressed out about not drinking enough fluid-and def dont have any energy at all whatsoever. I just cant wait for this phase to pass. Thank you so much for your response it helps to know what I am experiencing is normal :)

It gets better every day! I didn't need any pain meds starting day 2 post op - not even Tylenol. Stay positive and you will do really well.

Definitely drink fluids. ...at least Water. I found a really good chicken broth, that came as a concentrate in little packets. I wish I could remember the name of it (I have a box at work), because it was the best broth I've ever had. I think the popsicles are good also. I think you should be able to take in as much Fluid as you are comfortable with. Good luck.

Hi -so I was banded yesterday and the doctor had to fix a hernia while doing the surgery. After swallowing the barium I was told the band was a little tight and that I should stick to Clear liquids until Saturday. Yesterday I only had 2 popsicles and a bottle of Vitamin Water. Should I be concerned that i will get dehydrated? Does anyone know whts the minimum Fluid intake should be to prevent this? Also, still a little sore in the mid section when I move or cough I am assuming that is normal.

hi there! Hope u're feeling better! Im on day 5 post op and I also had a hernia repaired...

I learn that we need to drink, drink, drink, even when we dont really feel like it... !

On my day 2 post op I got really dizzy and realized that the feeling of dryness in my mouth was related to the fact that I as not drinking as much as I should. But I feel sooooo much better now, and so will you!

The pain on your mid section and incision sites will get better! I noticed that after I was finally able to go to the bathroom last nite (#2, u know...) i felt like 50% of my pain was gone, but hey, I know that every person is different.

Good luck!!!

hi there! Hope u're feeling better! Im on day 5 post op and I also had a hernia repaired...

I learn that we need to drink, drink, drink, even when we dont really feel like it... !

On my day 2 post op I got really dizzy and realized that the feeling of dryness in my mouth was related to the fact that I as not drinking as much as I should. But I feel sooooo much better now, and so will you!

The pain on your mid section and incision sites will get better! I noticed that after I was finally able to go to the bathroom last nite (#2, u know...) i felt like 50% of my pain was gone, but hey, I know that every person is different.

Good luck!!!

Thanks so much everyone for the feedback it really helps! I am still gassy but have definitely up'd the fluids. This board is really so helpful I would probably be a wreck without it!

The more fluids you get in, the better you will feel! Being a bit dehydrated zaps your energy. Sip sip sip all day long....sugar free popsicles are good, so is SF Jello. chicken broth.....all those count as fluids.

Good luck

I had my surgery on Wednesday evening, so the same day as you I think. I didn`t have a hernia repair but would guess that would make the recovery a little slower. Hope you`re feeling better. I have a headache today and I think it`s because of not enough fluids. I did really well on the fluids the first two days but then seemed to drop off and I think the headache is the result. What did they close your incisions with...I have staples and took the bandages off today...yuck! I`ve been trying Boost drinks for Breakfast (the diabetic ones even though I`m not diabetic) and cream Soups for lunch and supper (half can for lunch, half can for supper). Better than the pre-op diet that`s for sure. Nervous to get on the scale for the first time. Take care and I hope we can follow each other`s progress.