Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your fav Pre-Op Shake/Meal

Was just on the Syntrax site and they have the following:

Due to a manufacturing error, we have Nectar™ Lattes Grab N’ Go packets that are under filled by 1–3 grams. Our loss is your gain, as we are offering these packets at a discounted rate of $0.75 each and with free shipping with a purchase of 50 or more packets. Supplies are limited to quanitites on hand; once they’re gone, so is this deal. For further details or different quantities than those provided online, call 1-866-333-7403.

Comes out to $37 ish for 50 packets. I know you said you liked them, so thought I'd share. :)

Thanks I might have to stock up!

http://www.vitalady.com/index.htm this site has samples you can order from all different brands. I ordered here before I started so I knew what I wanted. I used BSN lean Desserts I love all the flavors-- they make great drinks with Water or milk and if you use less liquid they are thick like pudding. They don't smell like alot of protien. Once I knew what brand and flavor I wanted I searched for the cheapest prices and bought these from Amazon for a very cheap price. Hope this is helpful for some and good luck to everyone!

My favorite is eas carb advantage strawberry. I buy the four premixed at Publix for $5 (1.25 per meal) they sell these everywhere (even walgreens).

I have my first fill this week and will have to do liquids after and plan to use this again.

Thank you all for your suggestions! Is there a rule written anywhere that says we can mix all of the protein/yougert/fruit into one big tub and eat, swallow, sip on that for days on end? I don't have to do a pre op, but want to do my own personal one for my sanity. After seeing this thread last night I went to the store (in 10degree weather!) To pick up some fruit for blending, fat free yougert w/12g of Protein, skim milk and I have some samples of syntax nectar that I added and I can tell you right now, this is going to be easy if I can do it this way! I do think that next time I will try just the milk/necter so that I'm not overdoing it with the fruit...

Thank you all for your suggestions! Is there a rule written anywhere that says we can mix all of the protein/yougert/fruit into one big tub and eat, swallow, sip on that for days on end? I don't have to do a pre op, but want to do my own personal one for my sanity. After seeing this thread last night I went to the store (in 10degree weather!) To pick up some fruit for blending, fat free yougert w/12g of Protein, skim milk and I have some samples of syntax nectar that I added and I can tell you right now, this is going to be easy if I can do it this way! I do think that next time I will try just the milk/necter so that I'm not overdoing it with the fruit...

the thing about protein powders (if i understand this correctly) is that the minute you add them to anything, they start breaking down. this is why most people advise us NOT to pre-mix our Protein Shakes. if you do that and leave it in the fridge for a few hours, by the time youre ready to drink it, that 24g of protein you were expecting will be greatly diminished....

Ahh, good insight! But for the indvidul shakes can you mix all of the fruit/protein/milk/yogurt to get rid of the grit? I tried the nectar with Water yesterday and thought I was going to puke..

yeah, i would pop that in the blender in a hot second! when youre dealing with the ready-to-drink stuff, i think its less of an issue. but when youre working with powder, mix it however you need to and then eat/drink it soon after to get the nutrients youre aiming for.

I have a new love to report!! One of the samples in my Netrition sample basket is called. Nutrex Research (i think thats the brand) Pro Gram Performance Super Protein and the flavor is chocolate Mousse. Oh. Em. Gee! It is absolutely delicious!! there is no proteiny taste, there's no unusual aftertaste. its like having a frostee at Wendy's! i mixed the packet with 8oz of 1% milk and it was fabulous. then i added some davinci's sugar free Syrup in Peppermint Paddi....it tastes like a grasshopper!! which is one of my most favorite adult beverages, by the way.....like mint chocolate chip ice cream. or those andes mint chocolates you get after dinner at some restaurants.

this definitely goes in my "gotta have it" column. here is the info:

171 calories

28 calories from fat

5g carbs

30g protein

and for those of us worried about hair loss....it also has 116mcg of Biotin, which is about 35% of the RDV. i love it!

well, this day has certainly been filled with highs and lows! my shake for this morning was fantastic. the one i had for lunch....*barf* *hurl* *spew*

its called New Whey Liquid Protein and it comes in this 3.8 FL OZ tube. its just about two shots of pure evil! the flavor is fruit punch...in theory. the actual flavor is difficult to describe, mostly because i was so traumatized by it that ive blocked out that 10 minutes of my life!

it came in my netrition sampler. it was friggin awful. i was literally having to keep myself from vomitting at the bowling alley! its got 42g of Protein, so added to my morning shake, i got in 80g today. but this was hardly worth it! its got no sugar, no fat, 180 calories and 2 carbs. it was the worst thing that happened to me today. lol

i use the isopro shake from GNC mixed with skim milk a little peanutbutter and ice and its almost as if i am cheating its so delicious not to sweet and kinda of taste like ovaltine if you make it with out pb and and for Water there is Isopure water at gnc as well the blueberry is the best. Hope this helps good luck I'm getting banded tmrw morning so excited!

i have to second this emotion! i havent tried the jay robb whey Protein yet, but if its anything like the egg white protein, i am SOLD! i bought this strawberry flavored egg white Protein Powder a while back and hadnt used it yet. i am amazed at this flavor! its delicious! i did it simple: 1% milk and a scoop of powder. fantastic without even having to doctor it up!

i tried the Isopure in Alpine Punch yesterday....its actually much better than the grape! and again, the colder it is, the better it tastes. you can have it "on the rocks" too. they are a bit pricey...i wouldnt base an entire liquid diet around them...but they are good for when you get sick of that shake consistency and just want something lighter while still getting protein. and 40g of protein continues to amaze me! lol

at my surgeon's office they gave me a sample of Unjury plain...i havent used it yet, but i suppose i should try it out. as for medifast. that is an expensive habit! but the hot cocoas are truly delicious. i cannot tolerate the shakes right now. there is something in the smell of the powder and the aftertaste that makes me nauseous. however...the cocoa is great! at work, we have a coffee machine that dispenses hot Water for tea, so i dont even have to microwave like the directions suggest. i just put it in the cup, pour on the 8 oz of hot water and mix it up. it does take some pretty vigorous stirring to get it all mixed together. i havent attempted to use my shaker ball cup for that yet....but i dont mind stirring. and they are currently the only thing offered by medifast (besides the brownies) that i LOVE. other things i can tolerate and the rest i cannot tolerate. lol

the other thing i like to do, if im in need of some energy, is to add hot coffee to the cocoa powder mix. i dont do it often but it really does its job when i do! i know im going to have to stop doing that after the band because of the caffeine, but im not a coffee drinker regularly and have never had a caffeine addiction, so its no biggie.

Newest sample tried is MET-Rx Protein Plus powder in chocolate. Not a fan.

its really two servings in this "single serving" packet....the directions say mix it with 16oz of milk or Water. its 220 calories and 46g of protein for those two servings. 7 carbs. anyway, it just doesnt taste good to me. i was reluctant to do all these chocolate shakes because im just not a huge fan of chocolate. so, i know that a chocolate shake is gonna have to be REALLY good for me to be a fan. the flavor was weird and the texture was kinda chalky. i didnt drink it....i poured it out and grabbed an Atkins shake! lol

if youre a real big chocolate fan, you may like it. i thought it was kinda gross.

i hope im not posting too much and annoying everyone! if so, you can tell me...i swear i can take it, and i'll totally stop!

meanwhile, just tried another sample and it was really good! very interesting sample pack. this newest one is Dymatize Nutrition (brand) Elite fusion 7. the flavor is Cookies n' cream. it was absolutely delicious! tasted very much like cookies n cream ice cream and even had little crunchy "cookie" bits in it!

190 calories

50 calories from fat

6g fat

11g carbs

5g Fiber

1g sugar

23g Protein