Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Right after surgery and the day after in the hospital. I was doing better than expected. I actually could not wait to get home and have my gold standard Cookies and cream whey Protein. About 3 hrs after getting home, I removed the scapolamine patch from behind my ear (didn't know it was 72 hrs thought it was 24. A couple hours after removing it, I got nauseous and have been ever since. Every time I even look at the Protein powder, I want to puke-not b/c they taste bad-but because all of a sudden the didnt appeal to me at all. However, I tolerate Jello, sf ice pops and broth fine. My dr said the most crucial thing immediately post op is Fluid. Prob is I can't even get that in either I'm sposed to get 64 and I can barely get 32 in.

I asked her to PLEASE prescribe some of the Patches for me, and she said they don't usually write scripts for those but prescribed me zofran, another anti-nausea med. I've taken it twice (4mg dose) and it's really done nothing except make me indescribably itchy, and give me headache and diarrhea) I can't be having that with so little Fluid intake or I will end up back in the hosp.

I tend to be very sensitive to EVERYTHING and did have some issues with motion sickness pre-op ( I ride the bus & train a lot to commute) I have tried nauzene chewables and I have those sea-bands that press on the accupressure point for nausea, nothing is working, only that patch helped.

Even when I do get hungry, I only want Jello pops and broth and cannot tolerate the Protein. I ordered the unflavored powder from bariatriceating.com hopefully it will b here soon and I can put it in broth until I graduate to mushies in 4 days then I can start putting it in pudding, yogurt etc.

Did anyone have prolonged nausea like this after removing their patch or just since u woke up? What can I do about this, b/c right now I NEED more fluid and I know that. It seems every day I wake up I feel worse than the day before.

Tips, please? I don't know why she can't just prescibe me the patch, maybe I will cal her again and tell her the zofran is not working

***side note: I have cankers all over my tounge, is this a reaction to something in my roxicet or more likely from a lack of essential nutrients? Anyone else have this?

Thanks in advance. Btw, the gas is finally starting to exit me.

Call your doc and tell them about everything. I wonder if you've had an allergic reaction. Maybe you can go to the surgery center and have a patch put on?

Call your doc and tell them about everything. I wonder if you've had an allergic reaction. Maybe you can go to the surgery center and have a patch put on?

For whatever reason, they don't want to give me the patch.< /p>

They told me to get OFF the roxicet that is a huge cause of nausea, and eat and drink everything at room temp and hot and cold can do that.....this sux...it's like I'm both nauseous AND hungry at the same time, I know that makes NO sense at all, but that's the only way to describe it....I really hope this is all worth it in the end....only good thing is I have lost almost 3lbs in 3days

For whatever reason, they don't want to give me the patch.

They told me to get OFF the roxicet that is a huge cause of nausea, and eat and drink everything at room temp and hot and cold can do that.....this sux...it's like I'm both nauseous AND hungry at the same time, I know that makes NO sense at all, but that's the only way to describe it....I really hope this is all worth it in the end....only good thing is I have lost almost 3lbs in 3days

Your priorities right now should be about healing from surgery, not weight loss. That will happen later. Get well properly, and then move toward weight loss. Follow your doctor's advice, do whatever it takes to get your nausea under control, and rest as much as you can. I found sipping lots of room temperature Water, and walking frequently did a lot to settle my system. After a few days I felt much better, and within a week, it was almost like the band surgery hadn't even happened.

Good luck!

Dave