Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kidney infection/ Be sure and drink your water

Three weeks out add I started passing blood in my urine. I never have been a big Water drinker.I was not getting enough in and I have a kidney infection.I am taking antibiotics and I started drinking more water, cranberry juice and fruit 20.I lost five more pounds because of the water.

I will get the water in from now on.Im diabetic and do not want to have kidney problems .I like my kidneys and want to keep them.

DRINK< DRINK AND DRINK SOME MORE

I keep cranberry juice in the frig and try to drink a glass a day to keep my kidneys healthy. My DH had a kidney transplant in 2000, I don't wanna go through that, or be on all those meds he has to be on. UGH.

I've been prone to bladder infections for years, which can lead to kidney infections if not treated. They really suck! I've been concerned about not being able to get in enough Water to avoid them once I'm banded. YOu have my sympathy...hope you feel better soon!

Emily

I am to be banded at the end of January. I am taking

antibiotics to eradicate the H Pylori bacteria (has

been know to cause ulcers). The surgeon tested for it

and prescribed the meds. Anyway, I learned yesterday

that I have a bladder infection and am now taking meds

to get rid of it!

So, two questions - does anyone know if the first

antibiotic (prevpak) can cause the bladder infection?

and if a person is prone to bladder infections, is

there likely to be a problem with infections around

the band? (I ask this because I have a friend who

gets yeast infections and they tend to collect

themselves onto foreign objects, so she is on constant

meds to make sure that the yeast doesn't get to her

band.)

Mix a little swtnlow with the Water or some crystal lite, it helps. I actually take the bottled crystal lite and mix with 1/2 bottles of water to dilute the strong taste of the crystal lite. Hope you feel better real soon.

Hope you feel better soon, Yes Drink Drink and Drink some more. Ill join you. I do not have a kidney infection but I know Kidney stones can come from not enough Water too. Heres to good health!

I know how important it is to drink Water during dieting or for bladder infections, and I know I don't drink enough of it. I quite simply don't care for water. I come from the days when my Mom said if the day ever came she had to pay for water she would give it up. Well, the day has arrived where we have to pay for bottled water and sometimes even in restaurants. Me, I'd rather drink a diet root beer, but I also love cranberry juice. Nothing take the place of water and I have to learn to do much better. Because of my lack of committment to water I get lots of bladder infections. You would have thought it would have taught me something wouldn't you?:)

Cranberry juice has so many calories; I've been in the habit of taking cranberry pills when I have bladder issues, but I don't think I can take the pills after the surgery. Anyone know of any cranberry pills that can be crushed up?