Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I have been following my post op diet completely. Today, however, I fell off the bandwagon. I know that we must give in to our cravings every now and again or we will be miserable. I am just feeling low right now due to my poor judgment. I am on the pureed stage of my diet and today I ate 2 eggs for Breakfast and did not eat any lunch (mind you it was now 3pm). I had been running all afternoon and did not pack my chicken salad that I prepared last night. I ended up stopping at Starbucks and having a Carmel Frappucino. I am just annoyed with myself right now. I also drank out of a straw...which I didn't even think about until after I was done. Was anyone else told not to drink out of a straw??

I just was hoping someone had some words of encouragement. Just feeling low!

I think you will be fine...you are being very hard on yourself. Go forward and do the best you can. It is a difficult time of year to be on a restrictive plan. Best wishes,

Mimi

Ok, so I have been following my post op diet completely. Today, however, I fell off the bandwagon. I know that we must give in to our cravings every now and again or we will be miserable. I am just feeling low right now due to my poor judgment. I am on the pureed stage of my diet and today I ate 2 eggs for Breakfast and did not eat any lunch (mind you it was now 3pm). I had been running all afternoon and did not pack my chicken salad that I prepared last night. I ended up stopping at Starbucks and having a Carmel Frappucino. I am just annoyed with myself right now. I also drank out of a straw...which I didn't even think about until after I was done. Was anyone else told not to drink out of a straw??

Don't be so hard on yourself, you just pick yourself back up and continue on doing great. It is a very hard time of year to be on a strict diet, but you can do it. Good luck.

Ok, so I have been following my post op diet completely. Today, however, I fell off the bandwagon. I know that we must give in to our cravings every now and again or we will be miserable. I am just feeling low right now due to my poor judgment. I am on the pureed stage of my diet and today I ate 2 eggs for breakfast and did not eat any lunch (mind you it was now 3pm). I had been running all afternoon and did not pack my chicken salad that I prepared last night. I ended up stopping at Starbucks and having a Carmel Frappucino. I am just annoyed with myself right now. I also drank out of a straw...which I didn't even think about until after I was done. Was anyone else told not to drink out of a straw??

Lol I did the same thing. On day 2 I was freakin out like my stomach was gonna explosed because of the straw lol, I was like oh well shit happen an moved on. Don't be so hard on yourself this is just another lesson. Look at the bright side maybe it help u go to the bathroom That why I luv me some Starbucks:)

Ok, so I have been following my post op diet completely. Today, however, I fell off the bandwagon. I know that we must give in to our cravings every now and again or we will be miserable. I am just feeling low right now due to my poor judgment. I am on the pureed stage of my diet and today I ate 2 eggs for breakfast and did not eat any lunch (mind you it was now 3pm). I had been running all afternoon and did not pack my chicken salad that I prepared last night. I ended up stopping at Starbucks and having a Carmel Frappucino. I am just annoyed with myself right now. I also drank out of a straw...which I didn't even think about until after I was done. Was anyone else told not to drink out of a straw??

You are already recognizing that you made a mistake and want to fix it. That is great! We all have our bad days. A little coffee drink is much better then a big feast at a fast food restaurant or a large amount of fried foods etc. Just accept that it was a mistake and promise your self you will follow your doctors orders etc.

It takes a long time to change our eating habits and ways with food and drinks. However a little treat every once and a while isn't that bad. I enjoy a cafe mocha sometimes or now that it's winter a hot chocolate here and there but I then eat very healthy after and maybe cut out a carbish food. I learned not to stress over that and be thankful it wasn't a 1,000 calorie meal instead. When I stress I make even worse food choices so I just accept and move on.

Also in terms of the straw, I have heard that you can't drink through a straw something to go with gas or bubbles in your stomach and something about it can cause a slip or something I don't know. My doc never said straws were bad.

Not all the stuff at Starbucks is "bad". I enjoy Starbucks often.

A tall skinny vanilla latte is 90 cal and zero fat.

I have starbucks twice a week....have.lost 72lbs since may....and the pp is right there are some modifications you can maje to your drink so they.fit in your diet and calorie counts easier. Keep up your good work! Dont sress yourself!

It's a good lesson to learn about preparedness. Forgive yourself and move on.

Think of calories like a bank balance that you want to be in the negative. Yesterday you had something that put your calorie number in the black. Starting today reduce your calories for the next few days until you are back to a negative number. There are options at Starbucks that would have been better. In fact try to learn to enjoy coffee black with Splendra (yes I know artificle sweetner but I have to live sometime.) I went on a major diet when I turned 30 and lost well over 100 pounds (which I put back on and more, more moving on). At that point I was a have some coffee with your cream and sugar type of girl. Even for a large hot coffee you can add several hundred calories with cream and sugar. Also were I live Cumberland Farms (convenience store) and McDonalds make coffee all day and a large is only $1. That is a serious financial savings!

My post op instructions ENCOURAGE drinking from a straw to help with slow sipping rather than drinking too fast.

Joan

Lol, I just freaked out about the straw thing. I've been seriously drinking through a straw since I woke up from surgery 2 weeks ago!!!

I almost had a heart attack, laugh.gif.

Don't beat yourself up, OP....just get back to it. wink.gif

I was told not to drink from a straw as well, i think it has something to do with the air that comes through the straw. It can cause Gas,, and for me gas was terrible in the beginning,. I am 2 weeks out and just starting to feel relief from gas.

Dont be so hard on yourself, just pick back up and start over. This is very hard but I keep reminding myself this will past.

Keep your head up!