Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Party Time

Well, I braved a Breakfast for my 5th graders this morning. I only had one mini sausage ball and two sausage cups when I usually eat two plates full! Tomorrow night, we have a family get together with finger foods only. Do you all think it is safe for me to eat the food there or should I bring my own small meal?

I have zero restriction in my band because I have not had my first fill. Even so, my conscience has kept me from going over my restricted 600 calories per day. I guess I just need someone to tell me it is ok to eat these finger foods!

Finger food should be fine. My suggestion is to scope out what there is and make the choice you think would work for you. Then just put some on a small plate and only eat from that. This was suggested by my local support group. Plus do not try to not eat throughout the day (like some used to do before being banded) because that could fail you and you might try to eat more than you can handle.

Good luck!!

Try to stick to the Protein choices if you can rather than carbs and you should be fine.

Well, I braved a Breakfast for my 5th graders this morning. I only had one mini sausage ball and two sausage cups when I usually eat two plates full! Tomorrow night, we have a family get together with finger foods only. Do you all think it is safe for me to eat the food there or should I bring my own small meal?

I have zero restriction in my band because I have not had my first fill. Even so, my conscience has kept me from going over my restricted 600 calories per day. I guess I just need someone to tell me it is ok to eat these finger foods!

I think you already answered your own question. If you are limiting your calories and each finger food has at least 100 calories then you could eat 6 and that's all for your day. Sounds like you shoud stick with your routine eating and pick one great finger food to eat. Then walk away and mingle. It will be easier to do this when you have restriction but practice makes perfect. Good luck.

they way i see it, we (meaning us bandsters) need to learn to interact at "normal" food functions. i told all my family and friends not to change meals because of me.

i can no longer eat pizza. it's just way too much bread for me.... even one piece. my mom wanted to change pizza night to something else but i refused. i'd learn to make due. i've learned i can eat the crust off one piece of pizza and the toppings off 2 pieces. everyone is left happy.

i just learned to adapt my eating habits during holidays and dinners. you'll do fine!

I would have some solid Protein (chicken breast or chicken/turkey lunch meat) as a base before going to the party. This way you won't be starving and will be able to make better choices. Many parties have cut up veggies with dips; eat the veggies only. Another party staple is cheese cubes. While cheese is high in calories it also has calicum and protein. As a previous poster mentioned I would lean towards protein based foods (as long as they are'nt fried. I will admit when I go to family parties etc (which are less than once a month maybe two) I do allow myself to have a couple carb based treats (ie crackers). I don't keep that stuff in my house so it allows me to have a taste. One of my issues in the past has been totally cutting things out of my "diet" for say a year at a time, eventually caving which leads me to saying "screw it I can have this occationally" and then going back to terrible food habits. As another poster mentioned we need to learn how to eat like thin people eat (they just do it without thinking); they have 2 crackers and stop. They don't plan on denying themselves certain foods forever.

Great advice honk! We shouldn't deprive ourselves either. Instead, we should learn how to make better food choices. It helps me a lot to be able to plan out what I will eat. My first plan is to eat on a dessert plate. I know someone is bringing a deli meat/cheese tray and someone else is bringing some popcorn chicken in wing sauce. So, those are two "safe" foods I can lean towards tonight. My goal is to stay far away from the sweets!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches