Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT and port visability

Hi. I am scheduled for a full Tummy Tuck on Dec 21, 2010. I was just wondering for those who have had a tummy tuck, can you see a "lump" where your port is placed? I had the Realize Band put in 6-2008. I'm thinking the Realize port was supposed to be a lower profile port. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks so much. Amber

You can ask your doctor to move your port if you comfortable with them.

My port stuck out so I asked for it to be moved. It is now under my muscles and only my doc can find it. I thought I could but I poke around and cant feel it.

You can ask your doctor to move your port if you comfortable with them.

My port stuck out so I asked for it to be moved. It is now under my muscles and only my doc can find it. I thought I could but I poke around and cant feel it.

Thats good to know. Thanks for your response. I have a feeling that I will have enough "cushion" to cover. I really don't like the idea of it being moved. I guess I'm just paranoid! lol ;)

Well I had my Tummy Tuck on Dec 21 and so far you cannot see my port. I'm pretty swollen though. PS didn't have to move the port. They took off 7lbs! So far the recovery has been a piece of cake. I just have one drain that keeps bothering me. I think the key to recovery is stay on pain meds like clock work for the first few days. I'm on motrin now for the pain. Walk...walk...walk. I can't wait until the swelling goes down.

Hello! I had my Tummy Tuck on December 16th combined with liposuction on tummy, back and arms. For me recovery has not been easy. I had a seroma, infection and then found out I was allergic to Perocets. Are you back to work? Are you standing up straight?

To anyone eles who is considering a TT and worried about their port sticking out and showing more, you can have them replace your port with a FLAT one that will not show.

To anyone eles who is considering a TT and worried about their port sticking out and showing more, you can have them replace your port with a FLAT one that will not show.

When I had my new band put in I had the lower port put in because I was so close to my goal weight. Even with the low profile port you could still see it stick out. I had it moved after my first Tummy Tuck and the empty space of where it used to be was still there.

Now after a second tummy tuck the empty space i still visible but my port was moved under my muscles in another area. Sometimes things dont always go as planned with surgeries because your body lying down looks different when standing up