Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Bugs?

I haven't been on this website in a few weeks and I'm so confused. Where did our social group June Bugs go? If anyone can help me find our group let me know. Otherwise I guess we can use this space.

Anyway just wanted to see what everyone was up to and how we're all doing.

I was missing you all too! I am doing well. Had my six month bandiversary Friday.

lad I'm not the only one Totally lost with the new site updates!

lad I'm not the only one Totally lost with the new site updates!

Question.... I was banded in June 2010 and so far have only lost 33 lbs. Is that normal? Even after my fills I can eat too much. I think it takes still too much food to fill me up.

I have lost 60 lbs. But I think a big part of it is...Age height, starting weight, etc.

If you are still hungry and eating too much get another fill! I am at 9.4 in a 14oz band, and that is just right for me. It gets tight if I'm not careful with what and how I eat, but I don't get stuck so much. 9.5 I got stuck a few times a week, so I got it loosened, and now its great.

I have lost 65 lbs since my June surgery. I'm interested in seeing how much others have lost since their surgery.

Please post where you're at.

I have lost 60 lbs. But I think a big part of it is...Age height, starting weight, etc.

If you are still hungry and eating too much get another fill! I am at 9.4 in a 14oz band, and that is just right for me. It gets tight if I'm not careful with what and how I eat, but I don't get stuck so much. 9.5 I got stuck a few times a week, so I got it loosened, and now its great.

I'm also at around 60 lbs lost since pre-op diet. I was at a standstill for over a month and now it's flying off again.. go figure...started cooking at home and that seems to have helped. I'm at 8.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I get stuck if I eat to big a bite, eat bread or eat to fast. Having a hard time with the Protein and my hair is falling out more that usual.. I am never hungry so that is good. I can still eat chocolate, so that is bad. I try to only eat sugar free...Happy New Year to everyone..:)

I'm also at around 60 lbs lost since pre-op diet. I was at a standstill for over a month and now it's flying off again.. go figure...started cooking at home and that seems to have helped. I'm at 8.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I get stuck if I eat to big a bite, eat bread or eat to fast. Having a hard time with the Protein and my hair is falling out more that usual.. I am never hungry so that is good. I can still eat chocolate, so that is bad. I try to only eat sugar free...Happy New Year to everyone..:)

How lucky you are. They didn't tell me what size band I have or how much they filled it but if I eat too fast... I get a sharp pain in my neck that makes it impossible to chew anymore. But I'm still hungry. So I wait until it goes away and then I eat more. The doctor wants to see me on the other side of 200 when I see him in Feb and I'm stuck at 207 - 205. I've been walking a mile or more a day.... it's just so hard! I thought once I had the surgery I'd be in a size 8 by now. :( Being 66 is rather a hindrance because I'm limited to what exercise, etc. I am able to do. But I'm hungry, hungry and hungry.

Everyone seems to be doing good except me. I;ve lost 30 lbs Im at 5.5cc in a 10 band. I'm losing but slowly about 5pds month. Im not complaining but I thought I would be under 200 by now and I m still 26pds away but I will get there. Had a bad Dec with all the sweets but I still lost 5 what would I have lost if I hadn't gotten to the chocolate. Happy News Years to all of you and hope this is our year to be healthier and much lighter!!!

Hello everyone! I cant' find anything on this site anymore so i just don't pop in as much. At least today i found the June bugs! Yay!

I'm doing well, but haven't lost any weight since Thanksgiving :( booooo! But it's all my fault i've decided. I've gotten lazy and while i don't eat bread, rice Pasta or stuff ike that, i do munch when not mealtime and stuff i have no business eating, chips, Cookies and chocolate. I have to up my Water and get back on protien shakes to fill me up. Time for me to get back on the horse. I've lost a total of 66 lbs since starting the journey and 51 since surgery. I'm a size 8 to 10 but really need to take off the last 20 to 30 pounds.

I'm frustrated with myself for not being at goal already, but at least i survived the holidays without any gain... well maybe a pound or 2 up and down.... I think i need to get a fill. I exercise 3 to 4 times a week by running 3 to 4 miles each time.

Good luck everyone!

This new site update is soooo confusing, I came on because I needed a little support from my fellow bandsters but OMG can't even find you guys:(

Hi everyone! It's nice to find some of you guys again. I couldn't even get on this site for awhile and then when I finally could, I didn't recognize anything. I am doing okay. I've lost 64 total (50.4 since surgery). I just had a hysterectomy 10 days ago and vomited yesterday after taking a pain pill. So now I've had heartburn/reflux the past couple of days and that has me nervous. I go to the doctor on the 18th so hopefully all is well. I have 7.5 in a 10cc band and feel like I'm right where I need to be. I only get stuck if I eat too fast or don't chew well enough, but do pretty well for the most part. I've only vomited 2-3 times since surgery and it's usually due to a virus or some other reason. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sandy

Hey all. So glad to see people updating and posting. I was so mad we lost our little group it seemed!!

I am 65-70 down. I gained once in December at a two week fill after losing 10 lbs in two weeks but I did still lose 4 lbs right after even during Christmas. I seem to be snacking and grazing again though after so many months eating just once or twice a day. I am 9.1 in a 14 cc and do not have full restriction.

I still vomit at least a couple times a week and will get the left shoulder pain if I eat too fast or sometimes just trying to get food down period. I find its lots easier if have hot tea first and even sip a tiny bit during the meal. The hot tea really does help though.

For those feeling down though about losing not as much if you are losing the same amount consistently I wouldn't worry. It is coming off steady and 52 weeks times 1-2 lbs a week is 50-100 lbs by 2012. We just have to keep on keeping on. I know I hate it that I have hunger and appetite back again.

Hey everyone! I didn't even know this was here! Glad I was browsing outside the normal forums and found the June bugs.

Sounds like most of us are about same lost. I too am kind of jumping up and down my 2-3 lbs. I *think* I'm at restriction, but not too sure. I'm not as hungry, be do get so at times. Mostly after lunch until dinner.

I've been trying to get better about tracking my food and exercising more regularly. I just bought the bodymedia fit (similar to bodybugg) and hoping that gives me an extra boost.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Hey everyone! I didn't even know this was here! Glad I was browsing outside the normal forums and found the June bugs.

Sounds like most of us are about same lost. I too am kind of jumping up and down my 2-3 lbs. I *think* I'm at restriction, but not too sure. I'm not as hungry, be do get so at times. Mostly after lunch until dinner.

I've been trying to get better about tracking my food and exercising more regularly. I just bought the bodymedia fit (similar to bodybugg) and hoping that gives me an extra boost.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

So how is the bodymedia fit? is it worth the money?