Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill question

I was banded Nov 19th and went ot my post op today. I feel amazing! He asked if i wanted to get my 1st fill before or after the holiday. I of course said before. I need all the help i can get during the holidays. My only question i had for him was how much will he put in my 1st fill. He said about 6 cc's!!! Yeah 6. It didn't register right away. Now i am wondering why so much on the 1st fill. I'm not really complaining (yet anyways.) but from the site i have seen 1st fills from .5 cc to 4 cc. Does 6 CC seem like a little much? Thanks for any feedback and info. Looking forward to Dec 15th.

Wow that seems like a lot to me... My first fill i had 2 cc... Then my second I got 1 cc and it was way to much.. so i had a .5cc unfill and I am going again tomorrow for a light unfill again... so i guess it depends on the person because i see tons of people on here with 7 and 8 cc and i cant figure out why i have so much restriction at 2.5 cc????

Six sounds like a lot to me. I had 4 CC's to start had no restriction; second fill 2 more still nothing; third 1 limited restriction for a few days. At first fill (and only then); when I got up off the table I felt this weird sensation like the band tightening. It did not hurt or anything and I could swallow no problem. Just was weird! I did read on here that someone else got 6 CC's first fill but it was done under Fluro. My office does not use fluro for fills.

Hmmm makes me wonder. He asked if i was going out of town for the holiday and i told him on the 22nd. So he said make sure i see him on the 15th for the fill so i have time to come back if its too much. But now im a little worried. But hope it works well. I would rather take 1 large fill then keep going back for feeling no restriction. I will keep yall updated. Thanks for all the support on here. It's great to bounce questions off everyone.

Hi there.

My first fill was yesterday. Doc started with 4 cc's. Then he had me drink Water ... added more ... had me drink Water ... added more ...

When I was at 7 cc's, it hurt a little when the water went down. He took out .6 cc's, leaving me with 6.4 for my first fill. Yesterday was liquids, today mushies ... I have not had any trouble at all. Water going down fine, mushies going down fine ... no pain, no PB's, not throwing up. As I am still on mushies, I don't know yet if I have any restriction yet either. We shall see.

Doc says if in 4 weeks, I have no restriction at all, we'll do fill #2. If I have any restriction at all, we will wait 6 weeks.

Do you cary more of your weight in your butt and thighs than your tummy? Doc said that people with less fat in their tummy areas require bigger fills than people bigger in the stomache area.

I had my first fill yesterday and I got 3.5 cc's. There was already 1 cc in my band. I am on full liquids, but feeling great.:D

Wow that seems like a lot to me... My first fill i had 2 cc... Then my second I got 1 cc and it was way to much.. so i had a .5cc unfill and I am going again tomorrow for a light unfill again... so i guess it depends on the person because i see tons of people on here with 7 and 8 cc and i cant figure out why i have so much restriction at 2.5 cc????

I read in a lapband book that when they put the band on your stomach, it doesn't look clean like in the diagrams. You have fat collected around your stomach just like fat is wrapped around internally all your organs. It is too dangerous to remove the fat before they put the band on you. So, you might have a lot of fat around your stomach. When you lose weight, you'll lose weight internally too, and then later you might need a fill. Just my 2 cents.

Hi Rhonda.

Just wanted to give you an update. My first fill was 6.4 on Monday. I had eggs and string cheese earlier today. Tonight I had chicken and green Beans for dinner. No trouble at all with any of the above.

My first fill was 5cc Oct 22nd. I had restriction at first but was snacking between meals. I recently received 1cc for my 2nd fill. So I am at 6cc. I am feeling a lot more restriction. I am glad to hear that there is someone else who started out aggressively.

Hmmmm this makes me wounder, I have just had my first fill too, on the 17 of Nov,

The ride back was fine, drank down to glasses of OJ with out a problum, came home an cuz I had nothing all day ,tryed to eat something, it came right back up. for the next week i was living off of ice cubes cuz anything more then that would come up and still have a hard time with it as of today 2 weeks out.

Now I can drink more but only after 2 to 3 houre of being up and out of bed. I can take mouthful of Water now and not hurt for the next 3 houres and even tried some refried Beans.

Now i'm kinda woundering if my band is slowly going to open and I will need to get another fill or is it stuck like this and I'm going to need to get some out ? (and not any time soon I am loving the 25 pounds I have lost)

I had my first fill today and I received 5.5 cc's. before my fill I had to go to a class where we were all going to be getting our first fill's...in the class they stressed that everyone is different...apparently the band sizes are different and there is a difference between lap band and realize band...the realize band require more of a fill.

i have the realize band and really appriciate all the info/ now that i have heard ofa few ppl getting 5 and 6 cc im not too worried. i hope i have some restriction. I am starting to snack between meals. its healthy stuff but its calories going in. Ive been sticking to a strict 1000 calories until my fill then going to 800 calorie diet. .fingers crossed :)

When I got my first fill in Nov. my Dr. only put 2.5 cc in but I already had 3 cc in from the surgery. I go next Tuesday for my second fill and I can't wait because I feel like I could eat a lot more than I should.

This is all great information,

I had my first fill this past wednedsay.. I had 3cc from the surgery and they added 1 cc more.. I am still not feeling too much restriction.

I will start eating full solids tomorrow but I am still hungry.. I need to get rid of the food cravings..

Some more restriction would be nice.

I go back on 12-22 for another fill.

I was banded Nov 19th and went ot my post op today. I feel amazing! He asked if i wanted to get my 1st fill before or after the holiday. I of course said before. I need all the help i can get during the holidays. My only question i had for him was how much will he put in my 1st fill. He said about 6 cc's!!! Yeah 6. It didn't register right away. Now i am wondering why so much on the 1st fill. I'm not really complaining (yet anyways.) but from the site i have seen 1st fills from .5 cc to 4 cc. Does 6 CC seem like a little much? Thanks for any feedback and info. Looking forward to Dec 15th.

I also had my surgery on the 19th of Nov, but my dr will not let me get my first fill till the 29th of Dec