Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 15th is Banding day!!!

It's funny how each dr has their own preferences!! You will do great... I wish mine was only 6 days. This is going to be a long two weeks. Our numbers are pretty much identical! (weight and goal numbers)

Cindy

whey ready" data-cite="Whey ready" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1291181062" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="117801" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">

Hey everyone, first time on this thing. I have my date set for the 15th too, but I don't have to start my diet till the 9th, 2 shakes a day, one 4oz meal with 3oz Protein at it till the night before (or so others have told me, I don't have my meeting with the NUT until Thursday) but after reading all of yours I might try to start clears the full week before, wouldn't that be horrible if I get in there and they can't because my liver is too fatty? I'm so scared of the anesthesia too, I have never had surgery before and worry about not waking up or malignant hyperthermia or something else going wrong and I can't do anything about it, eek- but that's what PAT is for right? Even with all that I am so excited to have this tool to help me, I'm looking forward to being able to shop in the regular section and not feel so bad about myself.

Here we go everyone, 2 weeks to go till a new you :)

ya cindy, if our numbers are alike u would think they would be the same pre-op plan, wouldn't ya? I meet with the NUT today and will get the final meal plans, but I'm sure it will be close to urs. I can't wait to be able to shop in missys department and not get short of breath on trail hikes with my SO, what is everyone else looking forward to?

Here we go everyone, 13 days till a new you :)

HI!!!! So glad I found this place. I'm getting banded on the 15th like many of you. I'm on Day 2 of the liquid diet and it's hard, but I'm so determined. I go for my preop appt. on MOnday and I will buy medifast from the office to use for the remainder of the 2 weeks. Until then I'm using Atkins Protein, slimfast high Protein and s/f Jello. My Dr. didn't say anything about caffeinne...should I give it up?

I'll figure out how to do a ticker later, but I'm currently about 245 lbs and I'm 30 years old.

I don't have a fear about the surgery, but I do fear about the post op. I just don't want to throw up. I hate throwing up!

I'm so excited to start a new chapter of my life!!!

I think I'm most excited about picking clothes that I like instead of clothes that don't make me look "too fat".

Hello,

I am scheduled to have my surgery on Dec 15th as well, I started my 2 week pre-op diet and I am starving. Just on day 2. I hope I can make it through this.

Good luck to you all, lets keep in touch!

:blink:

hello all

i am not getting banned til feb 2011 but i wanted to know how do i know if i will have to do the liquid diet 2 weeks pre op?

current weight is 250 and goal weight is 150

thanks for your help

Ur doc or NUT will explain to u the pre op diet, mine is a little different then others as I had to lose 5% bodyweight, 12 lbs for me, and since I lost it in a month they think my liver has already shrunk some so the doc will be able to get in there with ease. I still have to do 5 days of 2 meas of protine shakes with Water and one 3oz lean meat and 1/2 cup raw veggie a day till 12 hrs before surg....not gonna lie, knowing that my bf and I went out for dinner and I had the best last meal ever (and still not even half of what I use to eat portion wise).

Anyone find a non-gritty no flavor Protein powder for post op Soups and such?

Only 11 days till new us :)

I am having a rough time with the pre-op diet, day 3 on it and the first day i did nothing but throw up...im not to bad now but i called my Dr and they said if i am feeling sick to go ahead and have some chicken or turkey no more than 3oz so i had a bite of turkey and i felt better, im not getting what i need into me cause i just cannot handle to many of the Atkins shakes i have one in the morning but takes me a couple hours to drink it, i drink half and out back in the fridge for an hour later, then i attempt another at dinner, should have more but it grosses me out...

This is day 3 of the liquid (well somewhat liquid) diet. Honestly it hasn't been bad. I am impressed with how NOT hungry I am. Impressed is probably not the right word... shocked, that would be a better one. Yesterday I didn't even get in all the food that I should have. Go figure?!! I'm pretty sure that I will be plenty bored with what I'm eating in the next few days, but for now, it's OK. I will tell you that the best thing that I've eaten, even not on this diet is.. vanilla powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, made with skim milk and then put a packet of strawberry crystal light in it...it is about the best strawberry milk shake going!!!! Fantastic.

There have been some very interesting comments on this board. It breaks me heart for everyone when you read that the things we all seem to be looking forward to the most are... being normal, shopping for things that we like, instead of what doesn't make us look fat, isn't it amazing the common bond we seem to have although we are all over the country?!

Good Luck to everyone!! On the other side of this, we will be in the department stores that have whole floors dedicated to 'normal' sizes as opposed to the 20' x 20' size section, next to maternity for the plus sizes.

That'll be great!!!

Cindy

I wonder if you tried to semi-freeze it, then blend it with ice to make it a milkshake? The other thing that may help is the vanilla, to me it seems easier to blend it with other flavors.

Good luck, throwing up sucks!!

Cindy

I am having a rough time with the pre-op diet, day 3 on it and the first day i did nothing but throw up...im not to bad now but i called my Dr and they said if i am feeling sick to go ahead and have some chicken or turkey no more than 3oz so i had a bite of turkey and i felt better, im not getting what i need into me cause i just cannot handle to many of the Atkins shakes i have one in the morning but takes me a couple hours to drink it, i drink half and out back in the fridge for an hour later, then i attempt another at dinner, should have more but it grosses me out...

I wonder if you tried to semi-freeze it, then blend it with ice to make it a milkshake? The other thing that may help is the vanilla, to me it seems easier to blend it with other flavors.

Good luck, throwing up sucks!!

Cindy

Never thought about freezing it, may have to try it, i think my main deal with the taste is the taste of the Vitamins in it, as soon as i smell a Vitamin or taste it, i get sick to my stomach, has always been like that, thats why i dont take a daily Vitamin i would try and swallow it and i start to taste it and up it comes, weird like that i guess...LOL

December 15 for me as well!! I'm now on day 4 of my liquid diet (HMR) Though I used Atkins and Slim-Fast last night. I wasn't at home and needed ready-to-drink. I haven't found them to be too bad. Not as filling as the HMR is though. I've done HMR as Meal Replacement in the past. Got to the point I couldn't stomach the thought of drinking another so I was worried about 2 weeks of it. I have found Crystal Light Lemonade mixed with the vanilla to make an amazing shake. Like eating lemon ice-box pie. YUM!!!

I'm most worried about anesthesia. I've never had any surgeries. Last year our pastor had a minor outpatient surgery and died from a reaction to the anesthesia. I worry about that, but I figure my risk of dying from breast cancer or heart disease is higher and by having this surgery and maintaining a weight loss, I am decreasing my risk of developing these. So the benefits outweigh the risks in my book.

What am I looking forward too? Background first... A few years back my Mom asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said I wanted her to quit smoking. (she has quit for years at a time before, but had started back again.) She said ok but she wanted me to lose weight for her birthday. She quit smoking. I tried but couldn't lose any significant weight. I can't wait to tell her Happy Birthday!!! This isn't why I'm having the surgery any more than others are having it so they can have more fun shopping (I am looking forward to that too :P ) But it's a bonus that I'm really looking forward to.

Good luck to all!!! I've really enjoyed reading everyones thoughts on their surgery.

Dec 15 is a popular day, I'm on the 14th so just a day ahead of everyone. I'm on day 4 of the liquids and its Ok most of the time, I have the biggest problems when my family is eating. That is tuff as I usually have to make dinner and then sit and talk to the kids while they eat, just so they can have the normalcy that we had before. My daughter is freaked by me doing this so I'm having to really do things I'd rather not do right now so she's comfortable.

Have you tried different shakes? If that one is so gross try the carnation breakfasts they are so far the best thing I've had, they dont' have as much Protein, but they do the trick for me.

Have you tried different shakes? If that one is so gross try the carnation breakfasts they are so far the best thing I've had, they dont' have as much Protein, but they do the trick for me.

No i havent tried that, i have only had Atkins and EAS i bought unjury but i have to mix that with skim milk and i am only allowed 3 servings of a dairy that would wipe out my cottage cheese and or yogurt