Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date 11/22 Anyone Else?!?!

My lapband surgery is scheduled for November 22nd and I can not wait!! I have been on the pre-op diet for 6 days now and lost 10 lbs. in the first two days. My goal is to be under 300 lbs. by the time we ring in the New Year.

My pre-op diet consists of 2-3 Protein Drinks a day, 3 cups of yogurt, skim milk, or cottage cheese, as much broth and sugar free popsicles as I would like, and juice. Currently, I am enjoying Tomato juice as it satisfies my salt craving.

Is anyone else scheduled for November 22nd? If so, how has your pre-op diet adventure gone?

Hi ya, Got Me

I'm sched for Nov 19. Fortunate for me, my dr didn't rx a liquid diet for a prolonged time before surgery. Just the day before and then the week after of course, all Clear liquids.

I've been extremely anxious and fearful, almost panicking for the last 2wks, but its finally crossed over a threshold and now I'm feeling calmer. I found a book that has been a great read and very informative and inspiring: On The Bandwagon by Jean McMillan. I've used post-its to mark pages I want to refer back.

Tonight was the first night I portioned my dinner to band specs: 3oz Protein (lean ground beef patty) 1/4C mashed tatoes made with broth and 1/4C green Beans. I made myself chew bites 20times (eww) and cut my bites into pencil eraser sized bits. I took 20min to eat my tiny meal and did ok. I will practice all this week. I'm using Water to keep me full till Breakfast now.

I've got my hospital bag out of the closet and started to assemble things I need to bring. And I have 3 totes in my dining room all ready with my after surgery supplies: liquid meds, heating pad, Isopure, Pure Protein powder, Soups, juices, Carnation Instant Breakast S/F, Flintstone vits, chewable Fiber and calc, my B12 and Biotin.

Ugh, I think I'm ready. Ready as I will ever be. Still fearful of surgery: anesthesia, pain, complications, pain, being opened up rather than SILS, pain, hunger, pain, vomiting, pain...did I mention pain?

Good luck to you for next Monday and I look forward to finding your post-surgery post saying it was much easier than you worried about! Take good care.

Lori

Best of wishes to you on your surgery Friday. You will do great!! Don't worry about the pain. I had laproscopic gallbladder surgery a few years ago and it was a walk in the park compared to the 3 C-Sections I had.

You are so fortunate to not have to do the liquid diet. It is very difficult to fight off the temptation to eat something solid.

Please keep me posted on how you do. I will be thinking about you!

I am having surgery on 11-22 also! I am on day 7 of my diet and still feel as if I could chew my arm off. I am allowed to have 6 medifast meals a day but they taste so bad that I rarely eat all of them. I am eating SF popsicles and Jello to help with hunger. I have lost 8 lbs so far....yay!

My LAP-BAND® surgery is scheduled for November 22nd and I can not wait!! I have been on the pre-op diet for 6 days now and lost 10 lbs. in the first two days. My goal is to be under 300 lbs. by the time we ring in the New Year.

My pre-op diet consists of 2-3 Protein drinks a day, 3 cups of yogurt, skim milk, or cottage cheese, as much broth and sugar free popsicles as I would like, and juice. Currently, I am enjoying Tomato juice as it satisfies my salt craving.

Is anyone else scheduled for November 22nd? If so, how has your pre-op diet adventure gone?

Wow u r doing great!!! I be band on the 22 as well!!!! I have to do the pre- diet I am on day 4 I think I am down 2 and half pounds!!! The not eating dont bother me just really weak!!!! I think because it all low carbs!! But it be worth in the end I am counting downs the days:lol:

Hi All, I am also scheduled for next Monday, Nov. 22nd. But, did not have to go on the liquid diet, only the day before surgery. I am a nervous reck and am waiting for the calm to take over. I know I want this...but the unknown is always so scary. I bought all the things I will need and am prepared...just knowing I am not alone on this road helps. Where are you all from? I'm in New Jersey - please, please keep in touch...and best of luck!:thumbup:

I'm scheduled for the 22nd as well....

My pre op diet is going ok...i've modified it to eat every 2-3 hours...just so my metabolism keeps going... my "in between snacks" are cottage cheese or almonds..

I'll have my Soup during the day and I'll have my shake at night...

I've also took some of my HCG diet recipes for Soups and been having those since it's less carbs and sodium

Hi All, I am also scheduled for next Monday, Nov. 22nd. But, did not have to go on the liquid diet, only the day before surgery. I am a nervous reck and am waiting for the calm to take over. I know I want this...but the unknown is always so scary. I bought all the things I will need and am prepared...just knowing I am not alone on this road helps. Where are you all from? I'm in New Jersey - please, please keep in touch...and best of luck!:thumbup:

You are so lucky not to have to deal with the liquid diet! I am in Ohio.....and I am nervous as well, but I am thinking that in a month or so we will be posting some positive results and encouraging others! Best of Luck!

My LAP-BAND® surgery is scheduled for November 22nd and I can not wait!! I have been on the pre-op diet for 6 days now and lost 10 lbs. in the first two days. My goal is to be under 300 lbs. by the time we ring in the New Year.

My pre-op diet consists of 2-3 Protein drinks a day, 3 cups of yogurt, skim milk, or cottage cheese, as much broth and sugar free popsicles as I would like, and juice. Currently, I am enjoying Tomato juice as it satisfies my salt craving.

I am also November 22nd! I failed miserably on the preop of Protein shakes and thought I had to cancel the surgery but it turns out that Knox Gelatine (4 packets) with sugar free Jello has 32 grams of Protein. I am making that tonight. I am nervous and scared. Let's stay in touch!!! csolo

Me neither for the liquid diet except the day before surgery! I too am November 22nd. Nervous as all hell. I have to lose 110 pounds. How about you? Do you sometimes think that in a month we'll be back to eating normally - only less? csolo

I am sitting here enjoying some yummy Tomato juice. It is my wonderful supper. Actually, it is my saving grace through this liquid diet. Everything I have to drink/eat is sweet. So, I poured my juice in a glass and added some Morton Lite Salt. It is the perfect salt fix!

I am so ready to have my surgery that I called my surgeon's office today to see if he could go ahead and get me in this week!! Unfortunately, I still have to wait until Monday. I'm sure the pre-op jitters will hit me on Sunday!

Another Nov 22nd-ner!! In Chicago. I'm winding down on day 8 of a 2 week liquid diet - nothing but Protein shakes, broth, and other Clear liquids. It's rough, but it will be rewarding in the end. It's amazing how these diets vary from doctor to doctor. I don't get it.

Let's all the 22nd-ners stay in touch postop!!

Though my measurement below shows I've lost 8lbs, that was a number of days ago. It's got to be at least 10-12 by now.

Hello Fellow 22nd-ers! Happy to find people as crazy as I am to do this...and we are less than a week out!

I've contacted WakeupRN already because we actually have the same surgeon but we should definitely keep in touch on this thread and see how we all do.

I'm on the 5-6 medifast packets a day with as much sugar free Jello and popsicles...but I haven't liked the popsicles, really. I loved carbs too so I'm really ready to eat my own fingers.

Down close to 10lbs as of this morning - so I guess it's all worth it, right?

Good Luck to everyone! ;)

Me neither for the liquid diet except the day before surgery! I too am November 22nd. Nervous as all hell. I have to lose 110 pounds. How about you? Do you sometimes think that in a month we'll be back to eating normally - only less? csolo

Hopefully - I won't go back to my normal which was 'nothing in moderation'. I'm hoping to be healthier in my decisions. We are brave bandsters because we are this all the WEEK of Thanksgiving..(my former favorite holiday) AND we will go through, liquid, mushy, soft...etc through the Holiday season with all the best stuff laying around. I try not to torture myself with thinking about it... but 'tis the season

Hello Fellow 22nd-ers! Happy to find people as crazy as I am to do this...and we are less than a week out!

I've contacted WakeupRN already because we actually have the same surgeon but we should definitely keep in touch on this thread and see how we all do.

I'm on the 5-6 medifast packets a day with as much sugar free Jello and popsicles...but I haven't liked the popsicles, really. I loved carbs too so I'm really ready to eat my own fingers.

Down close to 10lbs as of this morning - so I guess it's all worth it, right?

Good Luck to everyone! ;)

Do you have Dr Rantis? Are you excited? I am ready to do this and move on with my life.... Please stay in touch and good luck!!!