Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just hate annoying new member questions!

i didnt have to do a pre op diet

i had 4 c- sections and my gall bladder removed, and the band was a breeze to this. It doesnt even compare.

I waited 2 weeks for this to happen

I didnt gain any weight

I don't attend a formal support group, but I have had lunch with a few bandsters. I also keep in contact with several people that are banded via email. I am too far away fromt he meeting and the meetings are split with gastric bypass people so it is mostly their food issues and not so much band help. Hey, after banding pizza is not as important, :eek: Like I said if you are ever home and want to meet some great bandsters let me know. ~Mandy

See below.

I mean really...a little searching of the site and I am sure you will find your answer! So please bare with me, while I break my own rule. Hey..I looked but this is a HUGE site...lol1. How difficult did you find the pre-op diet? I keep thinking I can't possibly do a liquid diet for a week.

No pre-op diet for me. But I think you may have to do something like a liquid diet after the band. It's easier than you think.

2. I have had 3 cesareans and my gallbladder laproscopically removed. Does anyone know how the pain and/or recovery is in comparison?

Much less painful than childbirth without medication. :eek:

3. Now this is one I really haven't seen at all and am a bit shy to ask, but it's better to ask now then end up in the ER. How soon can one umm hmmm be intimate and are you limited in well you know <WHISPERS>positions?

I don't even think I felt like it for a couple of weeks at least.

4. After going on solids, is there a weight gain? I plan on eating only healthy (low carbs) on the liquid and solid stages and fear that once I go on solids I may actually gain weight. Should I jus eat whatever I can tolerate on liquids and solids and worry about losing the weight and low carbing after I go on solids?

Maybe. Just let yourself heal and follow your doc's instructions. Don't try to lose weight yet.

5. What is the longest a person went without any fills (after surgury) and STILL lost weight?

Maybe a year or so depending on the person.

6. For some reason it is very easy for me to lose 40lbs (after each of my 3 pregnancies I have lost all of my pregnacy weight which has been 40-45lbs within 2 weeks after delivery AND each time I have done Atkins I have lost 40lbs and then I stall). Do people stall on this and if they do and it has nothing to do with the restriction, how can you tweak your program to break the stall? Or is it a matter of just being patient and waiting it out?

I think one of the main reasons we stall is that it is no longer as easy and exciting. At least in my case. When you stall, shake it up with exercise.

Thanks in advance

As for the Water I had concerns because I chug alug that stuff and drink about 1 1/2 gallon a day

I never chugged Water after being banded - I was afraid to. Then I go to the doctors for my first fill. They poke me and then sit me up and hand me a glass of water. He tells me to drink it - so I start a sip at a time. He says "OK - a whole bunch at once" so I take a couple of big mouthfulls which leaves me with half a glass. He says "OK- the rest all at once" so I downed it. My doctor then tells me I'm fine, not to tight, I am all set. I haven't sipped water since - I dont gulp it but I can down it pretty quickly. Does anyone else not "sip" their water anymore?

I sipped during the healing phase, but I have downed a full 16 oz bottle of Water in one drink recently. As long as it is not too cold I can drink just about as fast as I want without too many problems, I can also out burp your average beer guzzling man. :) ~Mandy