Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just got banded on the 2oth of Oct

I have told my supervisor I will probably be off for 7 work days but don't know if that is true or not. I see my surgeon on Monday Nov 1st and hoping I can get a better date from him. I am already scheduled to be off the week of Thanksgiving for vacation. I will be off a week right after surgery, return for a week, and be off another week. I sure am going to hate smelling that Thanksgiving dinner and be on a liquid diet ... haha. I guess I have to sacrifice something ...

You know smelling the food will bother you much the sore stomach and gas will. I have been at my daughters house and she was cooking Breakfast it smelled REAL GOOD, but I did not want it I even looked at the food, I thought about the band slipping and soreness it turned my stomach.... You might need two weeks that what my doctor said, but we are all so different in healing:blush:

I had my surgery on Oct 7. Went back to work on 10-25. I still have pain in my stomach where the port is but it is not so bad that i can't deal with it. Also having some gas pains in my upper chest and finding it hard to burp. But I find the good far out weighs the bad. I walk at least 30 mins a day which seems to help with the gas. My doctor had me go from liquid protien for first week to soft food. I didn't have to go on Clear Liquids except the day of surgery and the day after. So every doctor is different. I also found it hard the first couple of days to get the protien shake down. Sometimes it took me 2 hours to get down 8 ounces. That is from the swelling from surgery, be patient it gets better.

I had my surgery on Oct 7. Went back to work on 10-25. I still have pain in my stomach where the port is but it is not so bad that i can't deal with it. Also having some gas pains in my upper chest and finding it hard to burp. But I find the good far out weighs the bad. I walk at least 30 mins a day which seems to help with the gas. My doctor had me go from liquid protien for first week to soft food. I didn't have to go on clear liquids except the day of surgery and the day after. So every doctor is different. I also found it hard the first couple of days to get the protien shake down. Sometimes it took me 2 hours to get down 8 ounces. That is from the swelling from surgery, be patient it gets better.

Wow you are still sore? I am having these craving for real food soft but food.. How much weight have you lost so far? So many questions, I can't wait for my appointment, i have been getting on tread mill every other day. I too am still sore but i thought in a couple of weeks it would stop so now i know it will be sore for awhile. thanks...

I am getting banded tomorrow and I am really quite nervous. I am even afraid to eat today. I am going to take 3 weeks off of work. Do you think that is enough. :thumbup:

Yikes, I am being banded 11-22 and I was only planning on 1 week off. I have read differing things about recovery. I saw where some people were back to work after 3 days. My doctor said most people take 3-5 days off, but he said that I could be off up to 2 weeks if I wanted it.

I am really worried about the gas pains after. Besides walking, is there anything else that you can do to decrease it?

I have lost 18lbs post-op,& 20 pre-op. Also Thursday night I started having these pins and needle pains in my upper left arm. But after searching this site and another one I have discovered that is pretty common in some lap band patients. They say it is redirected nerve pain from your diaphram. Any way my primary care doc gave me some pain Patches for inflamation that seem to be helping. I started gas X today. Going to see if that helps with the gas. My doc said his biggest complaint is port site pain. So I guess because they have to put it under the muscle and fat layers that takes a long time to heal. I walk everyday at least 30 minutes. I missed a couple of days this week due to not feeling well and the gas build up was really bad those days.

I have lost 18lbs post-op,& 20 pre-op. Also Thursday night I started having these pins and needle pains in my upper left arm. But after searching this site and another one I have discovered that is pretty common in some LAP-BAND® patients. They say it is redirected nerve pain from your diaphram. Any way my primary care doc gave me some pain Patches for inflamation that seem to be helping. I started gas X today. Going to see if that helps with the gas. My doc said his biggest complaint is port site pain. So I guess because they have to put it under the muscle and fat layers that takes a long time to heal. I walk everyday at least 30 minutes. I missed a couple of days this week due to not feeling well and the gas build up was really bad those days.

That is great with the weight lost:smile: I glad you wrote about the port pain so I will know about this thanks. The gas x really helped me a lot of course I still get the gas but the biggest is gone so far, i have been walk as well i don't know how much i lost yet I am waiting to go to the doc Thurs will report. I can feel the diffance i have tried on some clothes that were too tight and they fit:smile: please keep up the good work and report again in this together thanks...

Well I went to the doctor for my first vist, wow 34 pounds that i have lost. I am so happy, I found some size 18 clothes in my closet and tried them on , they fit. most of my clothes are 22 so you know how that felt.

I go back on the 2nd of Dec, I can't wait to see how I have done. I am walking 30 min that's about all I can do at this time and riding a bike for 10 min. let me know how everyone is doing.

Holy Mackeral! 34 lbs!!! That is terrific. It makes the discomfort worth it doesn't it! Keep up the good work!

Holy Mackeral! 34 lbs!!! That is terrific. It makes the discomfort worth it doesn't it! Keep up the good work!

It is worth it thanks for the support:thumbup:

hello everyone, just getting back to this site but I have been doing ok. I just had a tummy tuck/lipo don on June 5 2012. I have lost weight went from a size 22 to a 16 then down to a 14 since my banding in 2010 Oct. hope all are well and doing good with there's I just needed others to talk with I have been having some issues with the fills would like to know if any of you have had a problem?