Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 15 banders group

Hi, I wanted to find people who were having surgery on Nov. 15, to inspire, chat and swap war stories. Nov. 1 is day 1 of liquid diet, butI wanted to start the no more coffee process today.

If your surgery is for Nov. 15 jump in an introduce yourself.

It took me almost 1 year of an extensive paper trail, but I finally made it. I have Aneta they are tough. I am excited. I am also worried at the same time. I like to gather as much info as possible so having a Nov. 15 group would be cool.

Thanks

Hi, My name is Jenny. My surgery date is November 16th.(close enough?) My all liquid pre-op diet starts Nov. 6th. It took me almost a year as well. I'm very excited. I can't wait for for my surgery. I keep reading and rereading all my surgery info. Good luck!

Hi, My name is Jenny. My surgery date is November 16th.(close enough?) My all liquid pre-op diet starts Nov. 6th. It took me almost a year as well. I'm very excited. I can't wait for for my surgery. I keep reading and rereading all my surgery info. Good luck!

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for writing that is so cool for you. The 16th is pretty close. Yesterday I stopped drinking coffee / caffine. I didnt want the headaches coupled with the pre-op shake stuff. What pre-op plan are you going to be on. Interestingly enough alot of people have a variation. My doc tor told me only Protein shake with milk only. Nothing else, for 2 weeks how about you.

Hi, I'm Nov 19...I'm also SOOO unsure...My biggest fear is it not working...Or having issues with food - The lack of it...I'm so used to over eating and eating all the wrong stuff...I wonder CAN I do this???

How did you get that TickerFactory??? I clicked the link but it asks for a PIN?

Hi, I'm Nov 19...I'm also SOOO unsure...My biggest fear is it not working...Or having issues with food - The lack of it...I'm so used to over eating and eating all the wrong stuff...I wonder CAN I do this???

Hi, you'll be fine. I totally understand what your saying I think there's alot of people who have the same feelings. I think if you stick to the plan of what the doctors and nutrician suggests you will do great. I also think alot about it, am I doing the right thing and all the what ifs. You put all this effort into getting this far just keep telling yourself how this will work for you, you and only you will make this happen. My surgery is on the 15. This website is so helpful for the support.

How did you get that TickerFactory??? I clicked the link but it asks for a PIN?

That link is for me to go in and change the stats. Go to tickerfactory.com and fill out all the questions then follow the prompts to copy paste in your profile. I hope this helps It took me a long time to figure it out and my friend actually had to help. Sorry.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for writing that is so cool for you. The 16th is pretty close. Yesterday I stopped drinking coffee / caffine. I didnt want the headaches coupled with the pre-op shake stuff. What pre-op plan are you going to be on. Interestingly enough alot of people have a variation. My doc tor told me only Protein shake with milk only. Nothing else, for 2 weeks how about you.

I have a 10 day clear liquid only diet. Pretty much broth, Water, and skim milk. I didn't even think about the caffeine withdrawl. I am worried about not having enough energy. It will be tough but we'll make it through. :laugh:

I have a 10 day clear liquid only diet. Pretty much broth, Water, and skim milk. I didn't even think about the caffeine withdrawl. I am worried about not having enough energy. It will be tough but we'll make it through. :laugh:

Hi Jen,

I only had the caffeine headaches and energy loss for 2 days. I am drinking hot Water with lemon and fresh mint to trick my mind. I also have to be on the Protein shakes for 2 weeks starting Nov.1 no broth just shakes with milk.

Hang in there!

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for Nov. 15th and I start a mostly liquid diet with Protein Shakes on Nov. 1st! I am allowed to have two fruits (apple orange or pear) two times a day and a small lean Protein meal with green veg. I am also aprehensive and I am still working towards my cardiac clearance which everything is fine but they are torturing me with more tests, I would love to have a buddy.!!!

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for Nov. 15th and I start a mostly liquid diet with Protein shakes on Nov. 1st! I am allowed to have two fruits (apple orange or pear) two times a day and a small lean Protein meal with green veg. I am also aprehensive and I am still working towards my cardiac clearance which everything is fine but they are torturing me with more tests, I would love to have a buddy.!!!

Hi Purple,

Cool, were on the same day. My surgery is at 10 am when yours? I start my Proteins on Nov. 1 as well but I am allowed nothing except Protein shake for 2 weeks nothing else not even coffee. So I started drinking hot Water with lemon and fresh mint to trick my mind. Its not really working but I didn't want the headache plus the shake all at the same time. I had my stress test last week and while I was on the treadmill running when I got off i turned around and the cardiologist was asleep in the chair. Can you believe it, I asked the tech if he does this often she said he had a long night. Anyways, he chipped in if I didnt think your heart was good I wouldn't be sleeping. lol The tests never end just as you say. If you want to chat feel free to private message me anytime I am currently not working at this time healing from an injury so feel free to chat whenever. Where do you live? I'm in LA.

Hi FireChic, That is so funnay about the cardiologist! I have my echo today.l i am so nervous and I do go back and forth about is this the right thing for me..and now it is getting so close. I am 5'2 230 and am lucky enough to have no health problems at the moment so this is more as prevention. I am a social worker and I work two part time jobs, have two children ages 6 and 3 and a husband who is a hard worker at work but when home is like another kid that needs t be taken care of and picked up after. Life is busy and I want weight loss to be a help not a hinderance to my life. I live in new york on long island and I would love to ave you as a band buddy! We can support and compare. PM me anytime also. What shakes have you chosen to go with??? How much Protein were you told to take a day???

Hi, all-

I'm scheduled for Nov. 15th. I haven't started the pre-op diet yet, though. I will start that on the 1st.......and I don't really know what all it entails. I guess I can get the Optifast from the doctor's office. I'm not sure if I can add veggies/lean Protein, etc. Hope so!

Glad to have found this board! It'll be nice to have so many others going through a similar process!

Hey there,

Yes the shakes are coming up fast monday. I am not allowed anything other than the shakes but it seems that others are different with their restrictions. Don't forget your not sappose to take medications two weeks before. What time is your surgery. Mine is at 10 am.

Nice to meet you, tracy

Hi everyone, November 15th for me as well. I start my no fat, low carb, 700 calorie diet on the 1st. My doctors office sells the med fast, shakes etc.. I will eat a small bit 7 times a day. It's going to be tough, but I can do it. I have researched lap-band and gastric bypass for 10 years now. It's about time I did it. I am excited, nervous, scared to death, happy, oh, did I mention excited?? My doctor also has educated me very well on this, so I can do it. I hate throwing up, so no bad things for me. haha. Glad to be part of the November 15 banders.:thumbup: