Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date November 10th... Anyone else?

Hi guys!

Just checking in with everyone to see how they have been. I know most of us are on pre op diets now, or will be soon as Monday is the first! Hard to believe that we will be banded in 11 short days!

I hope that everyone holds up through Halloween, and fights the urge to raid the candy bowl tomorrow.

I was just thinking today how surgery is only 11 days away... can't believe it. So excited and nervous at the same time. I think I'm doing okay with my diet... could be a little bit better but def better then how I used to eat.

By the way... what time is everyone's surgery on the 10th? Mine is scheduled at 8am and I have to check into the hospital at 6am. Yikes that's early! :wink2:

I check in at 7 with a placement at 9 (Pacific Time). Good news is that I get to go home that day. I wont really be going home, but staying with friends because my husband is out to sea, but you get the idea

I check in at 7 with a placement at 9 (Pacific Time). Good news is that I get to go home that day. I wont really be going home, but staying with friends because my husband is out to sea, but you get the idea

I'm hoping to go home the same day too. They make sure you can get down so many ounces of Water and are able to get up and walk on your own. Based on the forums seems like most people go home within a couple hours!

Hello November 10th bandsters! :rolleyes:

We are officially 1 week away from surgery! How is everyone feeling? I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!

Good luck to everyone and look forward to hearing from you guys as the days get closer! :wub:

my surgery date is the 15th. im really excited but super nervous at the same... good luck to everyone!

I am on day 3 of the pre-op diet and doing pretty well. I can't stop peeing because of all the liquid, but I figure that I am burning calories walking back and forth so many times a day. Let me just say that my three favorite things right now are the sugar-free chocolate pudding, cream of wheat, and the NSA chicken broth.

The time for my surgery is a mystery to me. I have to call the afternoon before to get my time slot.

This is super exciting and I cannot wait to get on with it already!! :rolleyes:

how are you feeling other wise? tired, hungry, irritated lol?

my surgery date is the 15th. im really excited but super nervous at the same... good luck to everyone!

I think being nervous is normal for everyone. It's surgery and any kind of surgery is scary!

I've been reading the forum here called "Surgery day stories" and that has seemed to help me with the mental part. Doesn't seem quite so bad when other people talk about their experiences on surgery day. Check it out!

Take care and good luck to you...

I'm coming to end of day 2 of my 7 day pre-op liquid diet. (My surgeon refereed to it as a "starvation diet". (20 grams of Protein per day, no solids whatsoever.) On the plus side, the scale says I've "lost" 10 pounds. The downside is that I almost stole my son's McD's fries!

So...how's your day been?

Im in the final stretch of the liquid diet and I have 3lbs to lose before Wednesday morning. Ive decided that Im gonna have a nice (but sensiable) dinner tomorrow with a friend since its my last day at my job. Then its back to the grindstone for me. Ive found that Im not as hungry as I thought I was before after 3 weeks of this. I think sometimes I miss the variety of food. I mean, what Im "eating" now is food, but not the food Ive been used to. I need to start looking for recipes that would be good for me in the future without falling into the same old meal (skinless baked/grilled chicken and veggies) every night.

I'm coming to end of day 2 of my 7 day pre-op liquid diet. (My surgeon refereed to it as a "starvation diet". (20 grams of Protein per day, no solids whatsoever.) On the plus side, the scale says I've "lost" 10 pounds. The downside is that I almost stole my son's McD's fries!

So...how's your day been?

LOL that's funny!!

I am actually one of the lucky ones that still gets to eat one meal a day however I've been making an effort to eat a healthy meal. Today one of my co-workers decides to get french fries and eat them in my office and you know how french fries smell... OMG I was about to kill him!

Over all feeling good though. Looking forward to my band and starting a new me.

dr office just called..my surgery is the 10th!!!:frown:

dr office just called..my surgery is the 10th!!!:frown:

Congrats! That's great news!! :blush:

My kids decided to eat out tonight. Thanks...I think! The scale says 13 lbs. I would never have thought I could "eat" a diet the doc has me on, but now I'm curious to see just how much weight I can lose in 7 days. (Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of it is Water - but so what!)

My kids decided to eat out tonight. Thanks...I think! The scale says 13 lbs. I would never have thought I could "eat" a diet the doc has me on, but now I'm curious to see just how much weight I can lose in 7 days. (Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of it is Water - but so what!)

Wow 13 pounds is great... good for you! :eek: