Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All-- banded on 9/29 and have moved onto solid foods and feel fine. I am feeling almost NO restriction whatsoever and am really scared. My weight loss has slowed (read: NONE in two weeks) and now I'm freaking out. Tonight I ate 5 slices of pizza and now I feel full but am in NO pain. What am I to do? My mom says I should get a fill NOW and not in three more weeks.

PLEASE HELP!

my doctor let me have my fill in 2 weeks

maybe your mom is right, but why are you eating pizza anyways? you know better than that. you need to learn to retrict yourself, yes its hard, if u read my posts and blogs you will know i cheated my ass off, but eventually we have to make the right choices. next time eat some meat instead, get as much protien as you can!!!!

Not to be down on you because I don't your your situation, but eating pizza this soon after surgery, let alone 5 slices is not good on many levels. You are supposed to be eating soft foods, mostly Protein and low fat. I couldn't possibly eat 5 slices on a bad day before I was banded. You could really do some damage to your stomach if you are filling it that full epecially with bread. I can't imagine that your doctor would be happy with that for many reasons. I'm not sure if you had any type of consultation with a nutritionist and psychologist pre surgery, but I think you need to talk to someone so they can set you straight as to why you needed the band in the first place and how you now need to work with it.

I have been on this board for about 3 weeks now and will be three weeks post op on Tuesday. I know we all come from different backgrounds and have different and similar issues with food. Some of the posts I have read make me sad, confused and left me shaking my head. I don't understand why some people are going straight back to the food that made them so overweight in the first place and then complain about not losing weight. I have a feeling that some people never got told by their doctor that having a band doesn't mean that you can still go McDonald's and just have the Big Mac now and not the Coke and fries. That isn't what this band is for. You have to cut out the junk food, especially the quantity, and realize that you must make a total lifestyle change. Now it's all about healthy foods in small quantities.

Please get some help from your doctor to understand the band. I'm not trying to put you down. The mom in me wants you to do this right. We are all in this for the long haul and somewhere along the line we all faulter. I'm no better than anyone else, but I am taking this as serious as a freakin heart attack. My health is more important that food.

Okay...let's not yell or chastise the newly-banded. :thumbup: It takes a while, some trial and error, before you find a peace between eating what's healthy (making wise choices), and falling back to those old eating patterns.

LOL...the very first thing I ate when I got home from the hospital was a half bag of Cheddar cheese Straws. Those suckers were DELICIOUS.

Be patient with yourself and try to avoid temptation. Personally, I can't eat pizza anymore. The gooey cheese forms a plug and it all comes right back up. Ugh.

You posted here looking for advice so I am giving it to you. I highly recommend that you go to YouTube and watch an actual lapband surgery so that you can understand the trauma your stomach has gone through. It is not bloody and shows you why you need to follow the post op diet. At 15 days I was just starting on mushies, ricotta and cottage cheese, egg beaters. Sure call your doctor about a fill. My doctor made me wait almost 6 weeks for the first fill. Yes the post op diet sucks. I won't lie. I was so happy to move to solids in the forth week.

Hi All-- banded on 9/29 and have moved onto solid foods and feel fine. I am feeling almost NO restriction whatsoever and am really scared. My weight loss has slowed (read: NONE in two weeks) and now I'm freaking out. Tonight I ate 5 slices of pizza and now I feel full but am in NO pain. What am I to do? My mom says I should get a fill NOW and not in three more weeks.

PLEASE HELP!

My weight loss stopped for about 6 weeks and I just now lost 1 lb last week (probably put it back on with all the nuts I have been eating). Talk to your doctor to see if you can get a fill so early I had to wait 6-8 weeks and will be getting my first fill this coming Thursday.

Don't worry about the 5 pizza slices we all eat things that we shouldn't just remember we fall down we get up..Good Luck let us know if your able to get a fill this soon out...

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

Not to be down on you because I don't your your situation, but eating pizza this soon after surgery, let alone 5 slices is not good on many levels. I'm no better than anyone else, but I am taking this as serious as a freakin heart attack. My health is more important that food.

I know your opinion might not be the most popular, but I agree. I am 3 weeks out and honestly I did east 1 slice of pizza today. I am allowed to east regular food now so I was not breaking a rule. Could I have eaten 2 slices? Absolutely! However, I got one slice took it home and ate it with a fork and knife to kill a craving I have had for 2 weeks now. I have no restriction so can literally eat whatever I want. By no means do I eat 4 oz at a sitting because if I did that I would be so hungry I would def. cheat. BUT, I do not go over 800-900 calories a day, I make ecellent food choices, and I excercise. I use about.com calorie counter to keep me in check and really am not finding it that hard and I live with a five year old who eats ice cream and Cookies and burger king in ffront of me(not all the time God i am not raising a litttle me, LOL). I am having a hard time understanding why you would get banded and fall off the wagon soooo fast. It is HARD don't get me wrong, but like anything it takes committment and effort. Sorry for the long post, but I as well have a hard time reading some posts. Thank you for your honesty and kindness. And like you I am not trying to get down on anyone, but the reality is nothing will change unless we make the effort to change it.

PLEASE HELP!

Where to start.

First of all, the band is around our stomachs, not our mouths nor our brains. You are going to have to work on the dis-connect between wanting to eat as we did before and the desire to lose weight. Getting a fill will only fix the stomach part.. the brain and mouth part will take work on YOUR part.

The wait for a fill for 6 weeks is recommended by the band manufacturer, this is to allow for good seating of the band. Your doctor may or may not agree to an earlier fill. You can ask, but IMO you would probably be doing yourself a disservice.

Are you supposed to be on solid foods already? Every doctor is different in their progression for their patients, so I'm not scolding about what you chose to eat.. just wondering. At 2 weeks out I was allowed regular food too, but at 18 months from surgery I still haven't had regular pizza. I haven't missed it all that much either.

Who is putting pizza in front of you anyhow? This isn't very supportive behavior for a new bandster (again, just my opinion).

Next time your family is having pizza, consider making your own, bandster style. Look at the website Flatout bread – Better Than Sliced Bread for some ideas on how to make a healthier pizza. You can use the flatout bread or just a low carb tortilla. If no other choice than regular pizza, I've read other bandsters blot the grease off the top with napkins and then just eat the toppings..leaving all or most of the crust behind.

Another option is that next time something is served that you know you are going to have trouble with Portion Control is to take a bandster portion (3oz Protein, 1/2 cup veggies.. OR meat size of the palm of your hand, tennis ball size of veggies), eat yours slowly and then remove yourself from the table.

My church often has a coffee hour after services. I get a small portion of whatever and then when I'm through, I go do something else. Last time I put myself in the kitchen washing dishes so I wouldn't eat.

Try going for a walk or putting away the clean dishes, fold clothes, crochet, knit.. something to keep your hands and mind busy.

Does your doctor's office offer a support group or a nutritionist support? Please call and find out and get yourself to a meeting. Take whoever is buying the pizza too.

So you fell off the wagon.. get back on and try again today. DO NOT GIVE UP!! :thumbup:

I agree that if your family is buying pizza right now it seems a little unfair to me basically because it is very aromatic. When you get to the point where you can have solids if others are getting pizza buy a small grilled chicken and veggie sandwich. Most Pizza joints also sell hot subs. When I have ordered one post op I got two meals out of one sandwich. I did not however eat the bread.< /p>