Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why exercise??????????

I usually hate when people try to post all these different facts that they have researched but I needed to do this to help keep my motivation up for working out as well. If you are feeling stressed exercise is one way to help! I feel so much better since I have been working out. Everyone is different so I can't promise the same results but it's worth the try. I feel like some people on this site tries to give reason why they are so healthy without working out but truth be told they would be better with some good exercise that will get their heart to pumping. Now if you can get a good heart rate up with working in the garden then go for it! My mom loved working in the garden and doing other activities but she died from cancer 3 years ago. It may have just been her time to go but research has shown that people who exercise more and weigh less have better chances at survival.

Exercise: 7 benefits of regular physical activity

You know exercise is good for you — but do you know how good? From boosting your mood to improving your sex life, find out how exercise can improve your life.

By mayo Clinic staff

sleep.< /span>

6. Exercise can put the spark back into your sex life.

7. Exercise can be — gasp — fun!

I totally agree with everything you said!!!! What happens also when all the weight comes off with no kind of exercise you are left with a bunch of saggy skin, who wants to go through all this and then have that!!!!! That was a great post!!!

I totally agree with everything you said!!!! What happens also when all the weight comes off with no kind of exercise you are left with a bunch of saggy skin, who wants to go through all this and then have that!!!!! That was a great post!!!

Thanks!! I hope I can just keep up with my routine and not slack off!

How long have you been banded? I still slack off every now and then it will be 5 months the 3rd of Oct. I try to do 4 or 5 days a week at the gym but sometimes it just doesn't happen. The important thing is we get back on the wagon the next day... Good Luck..

How long have you been banded? I still slack off every now and then it will be 5 months the 3rd of Oct. I try to do 4 or 5 days a week at the gym but sometimes it just doesn't happen. The important thing is we get back on the wagon the next day... Good Luck..

I was banded on 2-23-10 so 7 months. I didn't hardly do anything for 2.5 months and didn't lose any weight and then I just got fed up and I have been at the gym 5 days week for 1 hour or more each day. I was doing my Taboe tapes at home and walking but I was so unmotivated! I was walking so slow and didn't break a sweat with the Taboe except maybe once a week. The gym keeps me focused on my workouts and I keep up. I have lost 9lbs already this month which is the most I have ever lost in a month since being banded.

I find that when I exercise my back feels better. If I miss a day I can tell. I work from home so if I don't go to the gym I don't go anywhere all day. I need to get out of my house or I go nuts.

I find that when I exercise my back feels better. If I miss a day I can tell. I work from home so if I don't go to the gym I don't go anywhere all day. I need to get out of my house or I go nuts.

I work from home for the majority of the time unless I need to go to the office for something, meetings etc. But I might start back going to work at my office eveyday now because I find myself snacking too much! I just hate my office because it's about the size of walk-in closet!

For my next job I would really like to go into the office everyday. Sure working from home can be great for going to doctors appointments and stuff but it's lonely and you don't get much exercise. At least when you go to work every day you have to park your car, walk into the building, walk to the coffee station. Stuff like that.

Great thread! The hormonal and other chemical/biological factors created/enhanced by exercise are enormous as well!

Exercise habits are one of the front line criterion to scrutinize when goals are not being achieved.

Brad

The physical and emotional benefits of regular exercise are just so great that I can't imagine ever giving it up.

For me, it's as critical to my weight loss as eating the right foods in the right amounts; I simply cannot lose well without it.

But even if that were not the case, it makes me feel so much better. It has been crucial, psychologically--it has taught me to trust and love my body (and this actually happened before my decision to be banded, and helped me determine I was worth the effort to get to a healthy body weight). It helped get me in touch with a body I'd learned to ignore.