Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opti-fast.... Day one

Just having my first Opti-fast "meal" of the day. The choco bar. Not bad. very dense.

Just had a strawberry shake for the first time. Not too bad. Left a little after taste.

I start mine tomorrow. Optifast 800. Keep in touch as how they taste. I'm not so excited about this part of the journey but whatever, it's only 14 days :smile:

will do. I accidentally already screwed up by eating Jello that was not sugar free. Thought it was but when I ate it.... it was obviously not sugar free. Did I stop? Well, of course not. I convinced myself that they did a very fine job of making their Jello without sugar. :-)

Uhhh....you get Jello, I get nothing more than the Opti-Fast and Water. At least it was Jello and not a cheeseburger. Next time you'll be sure to double check the sugar free part I'm sure of it :smile:

Uhhh....you get Jello, I get nothing more than the Opti-Fast and Water. At least it was Jello and not a cheeseburger. Next time you'll be sure to double check the sugar free part I'm sure of it :smile:

Yeah, I am allowed 3 servings of sugar free jello and 3 sugar free Popsicles every day.

Yeah, no cheeseburger. Don't want to even think about that! hahahaha

R U trying the Soup tonight? Let me know how that goes over if you are. I didn't realize how much anxiety I had over this whole pre-op diet until just a little bit ago.

R U trying the Soup tonight? Let me know how that goes over if you are. I didn't realize how much anxiety I had over this whole pre-op diet until just a little bit ago.

Yep. They gave me Tomato Soup which I never eat to begin with. Might be swapping that out but seems like there is not a good alternative from the other soup choices.

They gave me vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry shakes. 2 different bars. 2 Different Soups to choose from daily---Garden Tomato and chicken somethin'. So I will have 7 days of Tomato and 7 days of Chicken. If your plan is like mine just think only 14 more soups to go :smile2:

Yep. They gave me Tomato Soup which I never eat to begin with. Might be swapping that out but seems like there is not a good alternative from the other Soup choices.

Hey! They only had the tomatoe soup and chicken soup at the FFX office. I definitely don't like it. I really like the shakes though, I don't know if it's hunger or what but I'm always kinda sad when I finish one. HAHA I appreciate that they let us have the jello-o and popcicles. It makes it a lot easier. Sooo, i'm down to my 4 shakes a day, no soup, 3-4 jell-o (the fourth if I'm extra hungry to offset the no soup) and 3 popcicles and tons of Water. Glad it's not bad for you, my first day I wanted to breakdown and cry from hunger...I'm back to being normal now. :smile2:

Good luck!

Hey! They only had the tomatoe Soup and chicken Soup at the FFX office. I definitely don't like it. I really like the shakes though, I don't know if it's hunger or what but I'm always kinda sad when I finish one. HAHA I appreciate that they let us have the jello-o and popcicles. It makes it a lot easier. Sooo, i'm down to my 4 shakes a day, no soup, 3-4 jell-o (the fourth if I'm extra hungry to offset the no soup) and 3 popcicles and tons of Water. Glad it's not bad for you, my first day I wanted to breakdown and cry from hunger...I'm back to being normal now. :smile2:

Good luck!

Hiya, VIV!

Yeah, coming to the end of day one. On my 3rd shake (vanilla) and will be having the soup tonight, a choco shake and 2 more Jell-o's and 3 popcicles. LOL. Figured might as well if I can. Not too grumpy although there is temptation all around. Someone brought 2 dozen donuts in today as well as 2 pies. EEEK!

You guys are lucky. I don't get the Optifast bars or Soup. Just 5 shakes a day, Water, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, crystal light, diet green tea and any 0 cal drinks w/out carbonation. This the first day for me, also. The day has been ok so far. Tonight will be the real test. I put some food in the crock pot, for my kids, this morning. I think I'll have my oldest just serve her own and she can dish out her sister's food.

I just keep telling myself, " It's just 14 days..... The start of a new beginning."

We can do this!!

Stick with it guys. I had the same preop as you crecia. Days 2 and 3 were hellacious. However...I was banded this past Thursday and I am back at work and feeling good. Its all worth it ... i am looking forward to my post op check up on Friday - then I can move to yogurts and other full liquids. YAY!! Congrats you guys! Keep up the motivation

I'm new to learning about the Lap Band.

& this sounds like a two week pre surgery diet they put you on for some reason right?

& then I've heard about 6 weeks of healing before you can start to eat anything close to real food is this correct?

I'm new to learning about the LAP-BAND& this sounds like a two week pre surgery diet they put you on for some reason right?

& then I've heard about 6 weeks of healing before you can start to eat anything close to real food is this correct?

That's right. You'll notice that all doctors are different but many require a 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery. For me (and taeboguy, we both have the same surgeon) I have to do 2 weeks of Optifast, which is 4 shakes, 1, bar, 1 Soup and 3 sugar-free jell-o and popcicles a day. You can also have crystal light and Decaf tea I think...I'm just sticking to Water. The reason they make you go on this diet is to shrink your liver has much as possible since they have to move it during surgery as well as to lose some weight before hand.

For after surgery, my dr requires a 10 day liquid diet (not optifast) things like low fat Soups, (just liquid) broths, sugarfree jell-o and popcicles, cream of wheat...things of that nature. After that stage we go to mushy/pureed foods for I think 4-6 weeks I can't remember (don't have the papers in front of me), I just know that it's a LONG time. Then we should be finally ready to go.

Hope that helped...GOOD LUCK!!!