Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need Lunch Ideas Please

Hi! I am loosing my creative ability to figure out lunches to take to work. Here is what I have been taking:

• Low Fat Cottage cheese with Pineapples (sometimes tomatoes)
  • Soup (not so appetizing when its 108 degrees outside)
  • Garbanzo Beans with onion, blk olives, garlic & drizzle of Italian dressing.
  • Plain tuna with tomatoe and a drizzle of olive oil (too dry but I eat it anyway)

That's it. That is what I have been alternating for lunch and it is getting old. I am trying to stay away from rices, Pasta and bread. Can you help me think of other ideas pretty please?

Here are some ideas....

Rolled up lunch meat with string cheese

Veggies with hummus

Chili

salad with chicken/turkey

instead od tuna, try making chicken salad-if you do a search in the recipe section there's one taht uses the light baby bel cheese instead of mayo so it isn't so dry

Pinto/Black Beans with Pico de Gallo and a sprinkle of cheese

If you don't mind making it up the night before you can take and heat up at work-

Take a piece of boneless skinless chicken breast-I use the frozen tenderloins because they're smaller- pound the chicken thin-now I do this 2 different ways

1) season chicken. put a little bit of buffalo sauce and spread until the top of the chicken is covered. Top with a piese of deli sliced provolone. Bake in 450 degree oven for ten minutes-

2) Season chicken. Put low fat marinara(or whatever type of sauce you like) on chicken and spread around. Sprinkle of shredded low fat mozzerella. Put veegies and pther pizza toppings. Bake for 10 mins in 450 degree oven.

Yummm. Hope these help some. :thumbup:

Easy one:

1 package chicken of the sea smoked salmon.

3 wasa crisp & light crackers (purple box)

1 packet philadelphia mini cream cheese, reduced fat

small Tomato or apple or maybe some steamed broccoli?

I know you said you were avoiding bread, Pasta & such, but the wasa crackers are very light and good Fiber. But maybe you could spread the cream cheese & salmon on cucumber slices instead?

I like to buy those packets of light meat (like 59 cents at the grocery store?) and then take a slice of cheese and roll it up inside and nuke it a bit - make a lil' meat burritoe - or even eat it cold...it's hard if you don't have access to a microwave at lunch. I am addicted to Wendy's chili - lotsa Protein....and it is filling and I don't have trouble with it like I do some other meats.

Sometimes being creative is THE hardest part about the band - as I am a busy mom and don't have a lot of time to create!

As far as the tuna goes- low fat mayo only has 20 cals a tablespoon. I buy mini cans of tuna- 80 cals each. I eat it on Kavili garlic crackers- in the bread isle at publix. 3 good size crackers has 50 cals and 10 grams of carbs.

I do the sandwich meat alot. A couple of pieces rolled up with cheese - I love Boars Head stuff from the deli. Some kind of fruit and a couple of crackers.

hummus is wonderful, crab salad, pasta-less lasagna, omelets, yogurt, tyson grilled chicken strip breast are good with salsa and sprinkled with cheese, refried Beans,

¼ cup tuna/egg/chicken salad with 3-4 crackers, 2-3 oz. chicken or fish with ½ cup mixed greens/cooked vegetables an oil/vinegar, 2-3 slices of low fat deli meat rolled up with lettuce, ¼ cup shrimp/seafood salad on bed of lettuce with 2 Tomato slices and 2 whole wheat crackers, ¼ cup of turkey chili with 2-3 whole grain crackers, 2-3oz. chicken stewed with tomatoes, onion, and peppers, 2-3oz. Broiled fish with ¼ cup steamed broccoli and ¼ cup sweet potato, 2 small meatballs with tomato sauce, ¼ cup zucchini, 2-3oz. meatloaf served with ¼ cup green beans

Hummos? pureed with roasted red peppers is really good. Use a veggie or low fat cracker for dipping. I actually like it plain, but that's me.

I also make a simple lentil soup- I am still on mushy foods, so these 'real foods' make me feel more adult.

(Lentil Soup recipe on back of red lentil bag) If you want the entire rec., I would be happy to post it.

MissGypsy you are my idol. I love your lunch ideas and feel like a new woman. I am going to the store tomorrow. Great Protein, low fat and carbs, and variety!!! Thank you for the yummy ideas. I am tired of a small can of tuna or 2 meatballs every day for lunch.

you are so very welcome :wub:. i feel most of the time i have to plan my lunches/dinners out or i might eat something i really shouldn't. it makes shopping easier and i also make menu's for a few wks so i don't have to think about what i'm going to cook for dinner. the family is trying new things and liking it to! and btw i HATE tuna lol so you won't find me eating that. :alien:

Wow. You all have really great ideas. I am going to make myself a chart with all the new ideas. Thank you all so much.