Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How You Doing?

It has been a few weeks since anyone has checked in. How are things going for everybody? My weight loss is slow and my restriction is not as good as it was last month before my last fill. I hope my fellow March Bandsters are doing well. I look forward to hearing from you all.

It has been a few weeks since anyone has checked in. How are things going for everybody? My weight loss is slow and my restriction is not as good as it was last month before my last fill. I hope my fellow March Bandsters are doing well. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thought I would reply to you as we are just two days apart of being banded on the same date. Currently, everything is well with me, just would like to have lost a little more this last month. But when I do, the doctor says I'm losing it too fast for someone my age. Finally though he did put in 2cc's on 9/9/10 putting me to 4.8ccs in a 10cc band. Not that I feel restriction, I'm just not hungry but eat two meals a day plus a Protein shake in the morning. Will probably hold at 4.8 cc's until Christmas that is if I take the 10 pounds off I signed up for by Halloween. Will be overseas at Thanksgiving and don't want a stuck moment in the air or in a foreign country. :tongue2: The good thing about the band is the fact we are taking off the weight, whether it be fast or slow, we will have a better chance of keeping it off. This is the best thing I think has ever happened since Peanut Butter was invented. :thumbup:

Hi!

Seems like our group of March Banders have not been here lately. I try to get on the forum daily so that it keeps me in check. You seem to be doing great! Are you at restriction yet? I have a 14cc band and my last fill (total of 8cc) has finally gotten me to where I need to be. The pounds are coming off at a steady pace - about 2 pounds a wek and for that I am happy. Still have a long way to go though. The mental struggle is still hard at times, but this has really changed my life!

Oldoneyoungagain and Cynpatt, both of you are doing really well. I envy both of you in having reached restriction. I thought my last fill would be it, but it was just the opposite. I feel hungrier since the fill than before. That has never happened to me before. Congrats to you both.:wub:

Hang in there guys -- I am a March 2009 Bandster....and I remember being in your shoes last yr at this time...it was tough! But if you hang in there and keep getting fills until you are at your sweet spot you will best utilize your band - I didn't believe there was such a thing (sweet spot, that is) until I finally hit it and was never hungry or uncomfortable anymore....now I have to remind myself to eat! YAHOO!

Anyway - just wanted to encourage you guys! You are doing great!

Kim

Momto3redheads, thanks for the words of encouragement. I get my next fill, next Thursday, I hope it will be the sweet spot. I needed to hear that. Thanks again.

Well I WAS doing great... But I've been stalling over the summer, and this month I actually gained 3lbs! I don't know how that happened...

Ok I do know how that happened... B)

I don't always make the best choices. Right now, I feel hopeless, like I did before I was banded... I don't know if anyone else felt this way before the band, but it's this desperate knowledge that you HAVE to lose the weight, SOMEHOW, but when it comes to crunch time, your willpower just... fails...

I didn't feel this way for the first 4 months because I kept losing weight but now it's just stopped.

On top of that, I haven't been working out like I should... I try to make it to 3.5 hours a week of cardio (running and walking) but more often then not, I don't get my 3.5 hours. I've been doing better recently, but when I work out more, I eat more. Not quantities, obviously, since that doesn't apply when you're banded, but the quality of my choices are BAD. (think Cookies, which slide right through...)

I'm also having some restriction issues. I got a 2cc. fill at one point and it was WAY too tight. I couldn't even swallow my own saliva! SO PAINFUL! Then I had them take out 1cc, and the month later they put it back and I still feel like I could eat more then I should...

I know I'm not a failure. I mean, I did lose almost 50lbs, which I know is HUGE. Still, I didn't get banded so I could stay obese, ya know?

I just need to actually do it. Get my mojo back...

Hey guys, I was banded on March 8th... I've lost about 55 lbs so far. Whats weird, is that I don't feel like I've lost anything. I still have the same amount of energy and everything.... very strange. But anyways... I've only got 2.4 cc's in my band... and It is very uncomfortable to eat. I had 3 cc's, but I couldn't swallow anything for a week, so I had some removed. I don't know if I'm still to tight or what... Some things are okay, like chili, but others are very very uncomfortable, and I throw up, but Its not real throw up, just flem. I'm still losing weight, but its almost as though I'm afraid to eat anything because I'm afraid I'll throw up more flem. Any one else have this issue?

Soy, I hope you do get your mojo back. I have had a few plateaus and they are so hard to get through. I haven't had much real restriction since the first couple weeks after surgery. So Sandi, I haven't felt anywhere near that way in months. I have a lot more in my band than you but still not much restriction. I was so glad to hit the 50 lb. loss mark. I can't wait to lose more. It seems to be going really slowly but hopefully it will stay off forever. Good luck to you both.

I've been avoiding the forums because I feel ashamed. I haven't lost any weight in over 6 months.

I've been going in for fills but I haven't felt the restriction I did after surgery when I actually lost weight. Most days I still have a positive attitude, hoping the restriction will come with the next fill and then when it doesn't, I hope it will be the next one after that.

Some days, like today, I'm not doing so well with my attitude. I didn't get myself where I am because I'm a good dieter and a sensible eater. I need the band to help me and it's not. When I try to eat the way I should be eating with the band, I find myself white knuckling it then giving in with a vengeance.

I'm feeling defeated.

I want to update my attitude. I posted in the Post Surgery Forum but I think I owe this group an update too.

I have my head on straight again. I look at everybody's weight loss and I have to admit, I feel a little envy, but I also feel like mine will come. Hope is back.

I'm eating right .. mostly. I still slip on occasion but I am doing better.

Best news ever! I had a new sleep study test and I no longer have sleep apnea! No more Cpap machine!

The way I look at it, I just lost 5 lbs of equipment! That counts right?

Yay!!!!

Well, I've never actually posted on here but I'd like to share my story. I was banded March 11th 2010 in Austin Texas. The first 3 months were amazing, lost about 60 pounds. Then in July I got the fill from hell. My band holds 8cc and she filled it to 6.5cc. I went back monthly to try and get my doctor to loosen it, complaining that it was tighter when I'm stressed, and i'm a college student so i'm always stressed, and that i wasn't able to eat solids and i was throwing up. She repeatedly told me to get counseling for the stress and it would work itself out. On Christmas eve 2010, I had had enough. I was suffering from serious acid reflux, couldn't sleep, and couldn't eat at all. I was in Houston and could not find a doctor on short notice to help me with the situation so I called mine. She made it seem like I was in the wrong because I waited so long to get it fixed. At this point I'm furious. I had told her repeatedly i was experiencing problems and she refused to loosen it. I did lose steady wait, but not healthy. I was down 100 pounds and faced with getting a complete un-fill. So for 6 months I had struggled with a band that was too tight all to have it unfilled for about 3 weeks. In that 3 weeks I gained 5 pounds back, but was so thankful to be able to eat again. A few days ago on the 17th I got my first fill back and it's only at 2 cc, but I've recharged my motivation and revamped my diet. I'm not sure the band is tight enough to restrict me as much as it should but I'm keeping the calories down and working out with Bikram yoga daily. I've already lost 3.5 pounds in a week by changing these habits. I know there's still 50 pounds to go, but with this burden behind me, I will do it! All this being said, when you are discouraged, find strength in something to keep you going. Try new foods Eat Up Slim Down are great cookbooks, or try a new exercise. No one likes to become bored in what they do, so do you best and remember the goal is attainable! Good luck fellow bandsters!!

This is the first time I actually ever saw a forum for March bandsters and thought I would say hello and tell you all to keep it up and don't give up. I was banded 3/3/10 in Mexico by Dr. Kuri and it was a great experience. I am so happy with the results that I have achieved with the band. I have reached my goal and now am maintaining. I hope you all are doing great!