Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Federal Way, WA

Has anyone heard of Dr. Srikanth, in Federal Way, WA?

I think he used to be in the same office as Dr. Oh, which was my doctor. I hear he's very good. Haven't heard anything bad about him.

Thanks, Carol. You had surgery in June....how are you doing? The weightloss is awesome, but how is every day life with the band? I'm turning in my paperwork to the Dr on Monday and will then set up pre-op appts. I'm hoping to get this done in Oct. How much time did you need for recovery? I'm a teacher and so I'm hoping to take off as little as possible. Again, thanks for your feedback!

Hi Ali,

I'm still getting used to this band. My mind wants more food, but my tummy says "What? Are you nuts???" I end up taking another bite then I pay for it. It comes right back up. It's not the band, I think I have perfect restriction now, It's me, I just want to eat more because it taste good. LOL. But I'm getting it down. I know exactly when to stop, I can feel it, but, well, you get the idea.

I am not sorry I did this at all. Best decision of my life.

I'm on vacation right now and it's driving me crazy not being able to weigh. I haven't weighed for almost a week. Last weight was 234. I can't believe how fast it's coming off. I am feeling so good, knees quit hurting all the time. Can walk around and have a nice vacation.

Let's keep in touch. I'd love to hear how you do.

Carol

Oh, I had a real easy time after surgery. No gas pain at all. I litte sore at the port site but nothing some pain meds couldn't handle. I was up and around real good by the 4th day. I hear a lot of different stories on here. I asked my doc about not haveing any gas pains, he said he's done this so many years that he's real good at getting all the gas out. I hope you have an easy time.

Carol

Hi Carol!

Vacation?? I'm jealous! And here I've only been back to work for a few weeks! lol

Thanks for filling me in on your experiences. I'm really getting excited. I went to my regular doctor yesterday for a shoulder/muscle issue. I asked her opinion about me doing this surgery. She's not entirely for it. She said that a lot of people initially lose the weight, but then gain it back later on. She said she would support my decision, but to be prepared for a huge lifestyle change. She did mention that her assistant had it done and has been successful. But the mind has got to be ready for a change. I'm there....I want the change....I need the change! My blood pressure is up and so is my weight...its the highest its ever been, 285. I'm just sick about it. The blood pressure scared me, though. Its time to get it together!! Thank you for your words of wisdom....I'd love to walk this journey with you. Have an awesome vacation!

Ali

Do prepare for a completely different lifestyle when it comes to food. You will never eat like you did before. You might want to finish that big meal, but you really can't. And Buffets, a big waste of money. It takes a lot of determination, so be ready, and do exactly as the Dr. tells you to do. Let me know when your surgery gets scheduled. If you have anything to ask, or just want to talk, I'm here.

Carol

thanks, Carol....I'll keep you posted.

Take care!